FEXTHOBBY Macross Line up

recon

3 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Website might still have some kinks. I have 2 separate orders. 1st order has 1 item for $20 hkd shipping. 2nd order for 2 items for $13.23 hkd shipping. The 1st one says International shipping while the 2nd says e-Express Service from Hong Kong Post. I don't think I had an option for shipping.

Was that for orders made recently?

18 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

So i will be getting the 000

I really wish i could find a VF-1A CF at a good price, so i can buy one of the brown armors. 

There were a ton of these (on eBay of all places) for $75 shipped over the summer. Would have picked up an extra copy or two had I known we would get armor to play with :vava:

4 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

There were a ton of these (on eBay of all places) for $75 shipped over the summer. Would have picked up an extra copy or two had I known we would get armor to play with :vava:

Yeah, that would have been great had i been onboard then, adn definetly know about these armor helps wanting to purchase the actual HMR figure.

I have decided to settle with the 1x 000 Armor for my VF-1S Messer i just ordered recently, and also have a VT-1 coming at same time, and that one cant use the armor (and doesnt really need it to be honest).  I was thinking of a 3rd valk, but hoping for some 1A TV Max or Kakizaki.

On 4/7/2018 at 7:26 PM, Slave IV said:

What pay later option? I didn't see it. 

If you live in the U.S., and since the invoice is charged in USD, as long as the total amounts to > $99.00, PayPal gives you the choice of immediate payment by direct funding with balance, bank, or CC; or 'Pay me Later' which is funded through a linked bank account but gives you 6 months to pay interest free.  So, it's a payment level thing, not something Fexthobby offers on their end.

It turns out that this may be mostly moot because the confirmation email I received from PayPal stated that the transaction was just an authorization for payment, and wouldn't be finalized until fexthobby processes the order, which possibly means that they won't charge the account until they're ready to ship.

1 minute ago, mechaninac said:

If you live in the U.S., and since the invoice is charged in USD, as long as the total amounts to > $99.00, PayPal gives you the choice of immediate payment by direct funding with balance, bank, or CC; or 'Pay me Later' which is funded through a linked bank account but gives you 6 months to pay interest free.  So, it's a payment level thing, not something Fexthobby offers on their end.

It turns out that this may be mostly moot because the confirmation email I received from PayPal stated that the transaction was just an authorization for payment, and wouldn't be finalized until fexthobby processes the order, which possibly means that they won't charge the account until they're ready to ship.

Thanks for the details! I guess I should check to see if my cc was charged or just authorized. 

I contacted The Chosen Prime to ask if they would carry the Fexthobby Macross products and they said yes. No word on when but it's likely these will be readily available like most 3P products. I did see them on Taobao already, seemingly sold directly by Fans Hobby. 

20 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I wonder how much the US stores will sell the armor for.

$45 seems to be the price. That's what it was on taobao too after conversion. Main thing I was thinking is free shipping and rewards if we can get these from one of the shops that offer those benefits. 

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I rather keep my preorder from their site. Atleast my order were placed directly with the company. Don't want this to end up like VF-31A. :lol:

Agreed!

I know no3L was joking for most part, but everyone talks about how great The Chosen Prime is... yet, the very first time I ordered from them, I never received any of my items, and they kept my money without so much as lifting a finger to help. And now of course, the whole NY debacle with the 31A pretty much confirms that buying directly from the creator/producer/manufacturer isn't a bad idea at all. Cuts out the middle man! 

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I contacted The Chosen Prime to ask if they would carry the Fexthobby Macross products and they said yes. No word on when but it's likely these will be readily available like most 3P products. I did see them on Taobao already, seemingly sold directly by Fans Hobby. 

The thing is, when NA etailers get involved, prices go up for future products, because the middle man is going to want more piece of the pie and to do the advertising / promotion and carrying the product.  I'd rather the NA etailers stay out of it completely, and this company sells direct only.  8 - 11 $ shipping wasnt bad.   I myself have experienced talking to the 3rd party, them telling me they wanted to price the product at 50$, but the etailer insisting on 60$ instead.  Or an accessory they wanted at 10$ had to be 20$ because of the NA etailer.  Or a toy they wanted at 60$ had to be 80$ because of the NA etailer.   TCP isnt that big yet, but they are growing fast each year.  I love them myself, excellent service, and give them business when i can for transformers, but keep in mind that some products become ALOT more expensive (i have seen +50 to 100$ more) sold price because of the large NA etailers getting involved (BBTS / TFSource for now). Getting that free shipping / point for one order isnt going to be worth it in the long run if the 3rd party company has to make less money to sell to NA etailers, who will themselves increase the price it would have been had the 3rd party sold directly, at least for future products.  Also, the more direct money the 3rd party makes, the more they can do future projects. 

Edited by Arthurius

By the way, Fexthobby has plans for other projects in the future for the 1/100 line, and of course, they currently have plans for the armour for 1/60 line. 

As for 1/48th line, it is in evaluation, but to those interested, my personal thinking is let your interest be shown!!!  Maybe a Poll in this forum, to give Fexthobby an idea how much would you buy.  I myself am not knowdegul enough in this forum to do the poll.  It should be an honest answer (very important) of how many you really would buy.  We can then have Fexthobby have a look at it, maybe it helps them make a decision.  If numbers are low, maybe best Fexthobby doesnt do them, so they can concentrate on project that make them more money to keep growing and offering other products.  If it does make sense to do it, well then i personally would be VERY happy as i would want 1 armor for my few 1/48th VF-1.  Heck, maybe even 2.

Edited by Arthurius

Yup its USD. No way would that be in HKD which would be the price of a...bandai gunpla stand?

Kinda the reason why i stopped at one altho i want the 000. That and also cos i don't have a corresponding valk to put it on.

Edited by seti88

53 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Kinda the reason why i stopped at one [...] i don't have a corresponding valk to put it on.

I really like the CF versions so I picked up another CF HMR :)

Would try to grab more but they are expensive now. 

11 hours ago, seti88 said:

Yup its USD. No way would that be in HKD which would be the price of a...bandai gunpla stand?

Kinda the reason why i stopped at one altho i want the 000. That and also cos i don't have a corresponding valk to put it on.

Thanks. I went ahead and just ordered the 000 one. Was planning to get the 102 also at first but changed my mind when the total reached over $100.

Edited by ArchieNov

6 hours ago, Arthurius said:

By the way, Fexthobby has plans for other projects in the future for the 1/100 line, and of course, they currently have plans for the armour for 1/60 line. 

As for 1/48th line, it is in evaluation, but to those interested, my personal thinking is let your interest be shown!!!  Maybe a Poll in this forum, to give Fexthobby an idea how much would you buy.  I myself am not knowdegul enough in this forum to do the poll.  It should be an honest answer (very important) of how many you really would buy.  We can then have Fexthobby have a look at it, maybe it helps them make a decision.  If numbers are low, maybe best Fexthobby doesnt do them, so they can concentrate on project that make them more money to keep growing and offering other products.  If it does make sense to do it, well then i personally would be VERY happy as i would want 1 armor for my few 1/48th VF-1.  Heck, maybe even 2.

I'd say the chances of a 1/48 are pretty small seeing as the only way to get a 1/48th VF-1 these days is used. 1/100 and 1/60 make sense as you can buy one pretty easily and they are more widely supported by fans. Maybe if there was a 1/48 Hasegawa VF-1 Battroid kit I could see it possibly happen but I think they only sell fighter variants. If Fexthobby did make a 1/48 Thunder Hammer I'd be in for 1, it would give me an excuse to tear apart and customize an old 1S Roy I've been sitting on for a while. Maybe I'd paint it up like the original custom model..... hmmmm maybe.

As for setting up a poll, I think you would have to start up a new topic but it would probably just get shut down and merged with this one. Try PMing a mod and see what they say.

Does anyone know if they're providing all the optional pieces with each order or are there only set configurations and you have to buy an entire other armor set for different configurations of the back booster and arm mounted components? My guess is on the latter based on the pictures on the website.

27 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

Does anyone know if they're providing all the optional pieces with each order or are there only set configurations and you have to buy an entire other armor set for different configurations of the back booster and arm mounted components? My guess is on the latter based on the pictures on the website.

Latter. Which I already voiced my complaints about. 

So i asked Fexthobby if they can take pictures of the 102 armor with other valks, such as the messer and the vf-1j, to see compatibility, and here are the results.  The messer doesnt look bad actually.  They posted these this morning on their facebook

30703828_1875840659153068_8246182423457037640_n.jpg.172f42e478bfe2567e8bfa033d7bd478.jpg

30594838_1875840682486399_4327093255852134688_o.jpg

30629944_1875840715819729_46805317572154148_n.jpg

30723859_1875840729153061_7361185843670249313_o.jpg

Edited by Arthurius