1/55 Bandai 2000s reissues - coloring question, please help

Robowang

Hi there. My post about this got lost in a conversation about boxes in the "show off your new toys" thread, so here's a new thread. 

I am trying to piece together a "reissue" 1/55 DYRL VF-1S Hikaru Strike Valkyrie. I have a set of vintage strike armor (and other parts), a 2002 reissue VF-1A Hikaru (non-super version) with modded arms so the vintage armor fits. However, I need to figure out which VF-1S head would look best on this body. Right now, the ever-so-slightly yellowed vintage VF-1S Strike Valkyrie head isn't matching up to the body that well. 

So bottom line, which reissue VF-1S head would look best? There's the 2002 Focker (slightly grayer tone), the 2002 Super Valkyrie (bright white), and the 2008 origin version which I can't seem to find good pictures of out of the package. Which one has a white that best matches the 2002 VF-1A? Does anybody have easy access to these in their collection, and would you be willing to take some comparison shots for me? Or just tell me straight up what would work, or if none of them really match at all...

Thanks a ton for the help! This is my dream figure, and I would to do it right! I am really rooting for the 2002 Super Valk to be best because I want the option for a black heatshield when I get bored with the red one :)  (The vintage black one doesn't fit the reissues!)

Unfortunately the 2002 Hikaru VF-1A was molded in a bright, fluorescent white plastic that no other 1/55 has ever used. The closest match you'll find is the eggshell white that was used with the 2002 Super VF-1S and Jetfire. There's still going to be a noticable difference, but it won't be too drastic.

• 3 weeks later...