Hasegawa replacement decals in the US?

tetsujin

Hi, my workspace recently flooded and destroyed a bunch of stuff - among other things, the decals from both of my Hasegawa VF-25's. Is there a good way to get replacement decal sheets for the kit? Originals, preferably, rather than third-party Alps decals or something...

Alternately, since the kit comes with decals for Ozma's and Alto's fighters - if I buy additional kits, how far is the decal sheet from being able to cover a second model? I know there's some simple stuff that's not repeated, like some black stripes, and some other stuff like SMS markings and warning markings...

(I'd actually wanted to use these decal sheets to supplement my Bandai builds, too...  whole situation kind of sucks... It got some of my other Hase Macross kits, too.)

I only know of one way to get originals and you may not like the answer... There's a reorder coupon on the first page of the instruction sheet, it's in Japanese. Hasegawa will only accept the original coupon cut from the instruction sheet and they will only send to an address in Japan. There used be a member on here that would do this for you if you sent him the coupon and postage but he is no longer here. 

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Had anyone asked Hasegawa USA, I wonder? It's a long shot, but it's a shot. Sorry to hear about the situation. Hope the damage to the rest of your stuff is limited.

I popped them an e-mail (and HLJ as well - they don't do parts orders any more but I figure it's worth a shot) so hopefully something will come of it.

Flood claimed a bunch of hobby magazines (basically all my Fine Scale Modelers were wrecked - plus a bunch of Hobby Japan and Dengeki got soaked too but I'm more determined to try to save those) and my prized stash of metric graph paper that I use for drawing plans, plus some old comic books. One Hase VF-25 basically lost its decal sheet while the other seems to have actually come through intact. (I've been trying to recover as much of that lost VF-25 decal sheet as I can, picking decals of other surfaces they settled on in the kit box, putting them back on the decal paper, but some of them are in tatters...) I haven't really looked at the Hase VF-1 that got soaked but I think its decal sheet is toast, too. And lots of kit boxes wrecked - not a serious loss but it does leave various kits without a storage solution.

Some equipment got soaked, too - like my computer's UPS, some old camcorders and some vintage gear (a C-64 and a VT-100) my old PC was basically underwater and my current PC may taken on a bit of water before I removed it (not sure - power was already off at the time - but I haven't actually tried powering it up again yet) - plus various project-related electronics and components like my Arduinos, various LCD displays, and my Raspberry Pi Zeros all got soaked. Not sure how much of that stuff is wrecked.

But the real concern honestly is the room itself. I've got to get some pros in there with a big dehumidifier and heater to dry out the room and hopefully prevent mold. (But first I've got to clean up the place, clear out as much floor space as I can - room was a bit of a nightmare even before it got flooded, honestly...)

I feel your pain, I just found out my storage shed at my folks house has a leak in the roof  we’ve had some heavy duty rain here in the last few weeks , they never go in it and didn’t know, it’s leaked enough that the floor is like a pool and all my tools and motor bike and vintage car bit are soaked and some may be too far gone.

Years ago when I worked at a friends model shop we tried to get Hasegawa to send us some decals for a VF1, they declined as despite having a store mostly full of their kits, it was “not allowed outside of Japan” but strangely we did get a couple of VFs as a promo ?

I think the best bet is to get someone in Japan to do the deal and send them on.

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Before powering your PC on, if you suspect it may have gotten wet, rinse it off with 99% Isopropyl alcohol and let dry. Ought to wash away any minerals left behind by the water which might cause shorts.

That's a top-tip right there.

On 3/9/2018 at 7:17 PM, tetsujin said:

Well the answer I want is one that solves my problem, but the answer I need is the truth of the situation. Thanks.

???

4 hours ago, tetsujin said:

I heard back from Hasegawa USA (or Hobbico, I guess they're the US distributor) and they say they will be able to get me the decals. So, fingers crossed, hoping this works!

Looks like you got your answer, hope it was the truth you needed.

9 hours ago, tetsujin said:

I heard back from Hasegawa USA (or Hobbico, I guess they're the US distributor) and they say they will be able to get me the decals. So, fingers crossed, hoping this works!

That's really good news. Hopefully things pull through, on this and all the other damage - especially the room itself. Mold, ick.

4 hours ago, vincemoto7 said:

???

He's saying thanks for not coddling him.

12 hours ago, kajnrig said:

He's saying thanks for not coddling him.

Appreciate your explanation but whatever ever he meant I hope it all works out for him.

Tetsujin- Sorry to hear of all the flood damage and loss.  I hope things get cleaned up soon and that Hasegawa pulls through for you.