Lost in Space series a Netflix adventure?

40 minutes ago, valkyrie_cadman said:

Finished season 2 last night, Really like the Sci-Fi aspect of it. The whole "Disney-esque" attitude where no one is COMPLETEY evil and can make ammends for themselves....meh....

Hide contents

I LOVED the way Maureen thought the very idea of having a system to blow up your spaceship was insane!

I forgot about that, that was great!

Chris

I'm up to episode 5 and generally liking it except for the other mentioned bits about the Smith character.  I'll add to that - their inability to figure out how radios work is truly annoying.  It is lazy writing at its absolute worst.  The attempts to cover over the lazy writing with bad dialog is even worse then that.  

7 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Might have to give this a go.

Not sure why exactly but I gave up on S1, but I've heard only good things so I'll add this to the ever growing watchlist of programs. :lol:

-b.

Personally, I felt S1 got a lot better after Maurine and John reconcile...about halfway through the season.

Chris

5 hours ago, Dobber said:

Personally, I felt S1 got a lot better after Maurine and John reconcile...about halfway through the season.

Chris

Ok cool, something to look forward to if I should happen to lose faith before then lol.

Thank you!

-b.

On 1/2/2020 at 5:26 PM, valkyrie_cadman said:

Finished season 2 last night, Really like the Sci-Fi aspect of it. The whole "Disney-esque" attitude where no one is COMPLETEY evil and can make ammends for themselves....meh....

Hide contents

I LOVED the way Maureen thought the very idea of having a system to blow up your spaceship was insane!

That was a fantastic poke at just about every space and naval story ever! I was laughing my tail off!:rofl:

Yes, I understand that military ships sometimes have the ability to scuttle. I'm pretty sure it's not a "self destruct sequence" though. Most likely set explosives against hull. Run. Maybe remote detonator.

On 1/10/2020 at 11:44 PM, TangledThorns said:

Great second season and I'm glad it's set up for a third, can't wait. The show has outstanding special effects too, I can't think of a show that does it better. 

My wife and I got each other a 75" LG Nano 8 LED for Xmas. We haven't had a new TV since our 65" DLP in I think 2006. I was really wow'd by the effects. Thought it was the TV. Watches some other stuff since. Not that it was crap, but LIS was excellent.

I still have some fine tuning to do with the screen. LIS looked incredible/smooth. Gold Rush (for some reason I'm fascinated with gold mining) looks really good in a different picture mode than you would watch a feature film (I can't remember what it is). But we were watching Ray Donovan last night and I get a jerky thing going on especially when the camera pans or someone walks by. Really distracting. There are about a million screen adjustment (good). It's probably going to take me the rest of my life to get that sorted out.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Still working through Season 2.

This feels like a spiritual successor to Ronald Moore's Galactica, particularly when it comes to Smith.

She's almost like an improved Gaius Baltar, in that, Moore's BSG went to extremes, often unnecessarily in it's plotting, to bring in drama.

Really digging LIS.

I like the show a lot. There are problems but they’re not the worst. I do hope season 3 can just skip flashbacks though. And even though I doubt it will happen, they need to either stop trusting smith or give her character a new direction. And did all the sick people in stasis die?

• 1 year later...

Dang, I completely forgot about this show. Guess I’ll be getting Netflix back for Dec. Lock and Key season 2 will be out by then, this, and then the Witcher. I’ll have some stuff to watch over my vacation!

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I enjoyed it! A fun ride all around, with a lot that has to do with an exceptional cast and good writing. FX were top-notch. I have to say, this series was good from beginning to end and I can't recall not liking even one episode, so kudos to them for that. 

Though I am still waiting for the kits for the Jupiters and the vehicles. C'mon model companies!

Bring on Season 4!😀

:sad: 

Oh well.

1 hour ago, lechuck said:

I enjoyed the final season too, wrapped up neatly.

I think prolonging with more seasons would have made the show a bit stale.

It reminded me a lot more of "Earth 2" than "Lost In Space", but that's not a bad thing.