Lost in Space series a Netflix adventure?

17 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

I'm almost done with the season and so far I'm loving it. Great effects and acting, Parker Posey's Dr. Smith is a heckuva villain. A new homerun by Netflix. Can Netflix reboot Babylon 5 next please??

nope

2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I'm almost done with the season and so far I'm loving it. Great effects and acting, Parker Posey's Dr. Smith is a heckuva villain. A new homerun by Netflix. Can Netflix reboot Babylon 5 next please??

Strangely enough I just read an article from JMS saying that there was no chance since the TV series rights holders will not release or sell the rights and have no interested in making a new series either.  JMS does have theatrical movie rights to the franchise but he said nobody wants to make a movie if they don't have the rights to everything (well, except for Star Trek of course)

• 1 year later...
26 minutes ago, peter said:

Glad Season 2 is finally here, was starting to wonder if it was ever going to get done.

Me too. Given the lack of news I was starting to worry that Netflix had dropped the show.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, 505thAirborne said:

My only real issue with this series still is the character "Smith", I would have blown her out of the Airlock long ago. You simply can not trust her. 

She was adorable in Blade Trinity though. Just sayin.:wub:

I binged the whole new season yesterday, loved it. I'm once again baffled by the production values, they are quite excellent, movie quality at times IMO, the season 2 finale episode was great, very expensive looking. I've seen a lot of complaints about the family getting into a new jam every episode, but yeah, that's kind of how Lost in Space works right? They keep running into new problems that they have to think and "family" their way out of, I like it. 

I liked season 2 a lot...until episode 8. Then IMO it turned to crap.

Spoilers....

The mom creates a mutiny (for a good reason), it sorta works and they take the space ship into an atmosphere but it kinda fails also and then is allowed to walk off the bridge and get in a GM Ball to do something or.other (saving her kids or something? I got so annoyed I kinda stopped paying attention to exactly what was happening). Eps 9 and 10 were bad also, because they had to deal with what happened in 8. They save one alien which pisses off a bunch of other aliens?  Then we suddenly get a villain? IMO It was JJ/Rian Star Wars level crap writing at that point.

I'm hoping all the other Jupiters were destroyed by the alien ships and this show is done.

Watched episode 2 today.  My wife and I were both annoyed with Penny's whiny bit and we both would have spaced Smith long ago.  We also both find it annoying that there is a disaster to solve every episode.  Hopefully they take some time to slow things down (ACK!  Did I just say that???)

Binge watched the entire 2nd season the other day, liked it, want more.

Spoiler

Don't think Smith is dead - no body.

Did Alpha Centauri get Alderaaned?

I like this series, maybe I'm easily amused but I didn't find myself bothered a lot of things that seem to irk others here.  Maybe it's old age, maybe it's the sleep deprivation (have two screaming kids, the 1.5 year old doesn't want to sleep until 3am every night), but I was able to binge watch it without getting bored.  The only thing that irked me was how quick the last episode came and because I wasn't paying attention to how many episodes there were in the season, it was a total surprise that I got to the end so quickly.

Going off topic a little here, but I never watched the original TV series, ,l but I really liked the 1998 film.  I found it really cool that Dick Tufield, the original voice actor for the Robot reprised his role for the the 1998 film.  

I was reading some of the plot for the original series and was pretty surprised how close the 1998 film followed the original story.  This series is quite different in many respects, but is still enjoyable.

Toby Stephens as John Robinson....hard to imagine he was Gustav Graves in Die Another Day.  He was also pretty awesome in 13 hours.  I'm not good with faces, so this whole time, I thought he was John C McGinley (one of the Bobs) from Office Space, lol!

Third episode of season 2 slowed things down a bit - which is good.  I still think the cast should toss Smith out the airlock.

I give the shows props for the Billy Mummy cameo (didn't notice that before) and Dr. Smith's real name being a homage to Jonathon Harris.

Edited by Dynaman

9 hours ago, peter said:

I think the actress must be doing a decent job for us to hate her character that much

She is doing fine - the writers are doing terribly however.  Almost all her dialog is smarmy evil but trying to sound manipulative.  

Edited by Dynaman

On 12/27/2019 at 11:50 AM, peter said:

Hide contents

Don't think Smith is dead - no body.

Did Alpha Centauri get Alderaaned?

Spoiler

I would agree. Unless I see the dead body of a main character, they ain't dead! Plus, the Robot found the ball and Smith's scarf on board the Jupiter Transport, when she had them with her when she was last seen on the Resolute. The question I have is how the heck she got out of there?! The room was decompressed and there was only one suit, wasn't there? Now I may have to go back and see what the name was on the chest plate of the suit she was wearing. Be really hard to make the switch considering the pressure (literally) she was under.

As for Alpha Centauri, that's what I thought at first too. But then they were following the radio signal as a direction finder, which led them not to AC but the Fortuna. Be real interesting to see if Judy's father is still alive, since we've seen that they have status pods.

I really really liked this season!:D S1 was good, but S2 topped it up all over the place. A lot of fun, some great drama moments and awesome FX!

Left me wanting Season 3.

Edited by Thom

1 hour ago, Thom said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I would agree. Unless I see the dead body of a main character, they ain't dead! Plus, the Robot found the ball and Smith's scarf on board the Jupiter Transport, when she had them with her when she was last seen on the Resolute. The question I have is how the heck she got out of there?! The room was decompressed and there was only one suit, wasn't there? Now I may have to go back and see what the name was on the chest plate of the suit she was wearing. Be really hard to make the switch considering the pressure (literally) she was under.

As for Alpha Centauri, that's what I thought at first too. But then they were following the radio signal as a direction finder, which led them not to AC but the Fortuna. Be real interesting to see if Judy's father is still alive, since we've seen that they have status pods.

I really really liked this season!:D S1 was good, but S2 topped it up all over the place. A lot of fun, some great drama moments and awesome FX!

Left me wanting Season 3.

Spoiler

I wonder what she looks like naked.