1/60 Valk kits ??

Pulltoeject

Hey everyone, here's something that I've asked myself ever since I started collecting Macross related toys and kits :

Why on earth are there no 1/60 Macross Kits? I mean, is there a copyright thing related to this scale or something like that?

I particularly purchase my figures and display them in fighter mode only, and if there were more Valk kits in this scale that would be incredible due to the possibilities of customization, having more valks, etc. 

I know there are the Yamato 1/60 VF-1 Kits released wich I have 2 and were a pleasure to build but was interested in the huge gap that could be filled by kits in this scale. 

Any thoughts? 

Cheers, Pulltoeject

58 minutes ago, Pulltoeject said:

Thanks Jenius, but Bandai's Macross kits are 1/72 scale. I'm interested in as to why kit companies that release Macross kits have not ventured into the 1/60 scale. Perhaps that might produce a conflict of interest to the companies that produce the 1/60 toys? 

The Bandai, Yamato, and Arcadia Macross figures are 1/60 scale (And Bandai's HM/HMR line is ~1/100).

The Bandai kits are 1/72.

Its just one of the traditional things, that has stuck. I read somewhere that the original scaling was down to the old Imperial measurement system.

If it were done fresh now adays it would likely be more like 1//10, 1/25, 1/50, 1/75 with a lot of things being built using metric measurement devision is simpler.

1/10 is in in use in the RC industry it also uses 1/12, the whole thing is a mess,  remember before 1/60 there was 1/55, that was something tried and binned largely.

I suspect shelf space comes into play nowadays. Smaller scale = more purchases and more money for the vendors.

I mean why there there are no 1/60 scale buildable model kits out there. There are some 3d options but none made by the traditional companies like Hasegawa, Bandai, etc. 

Would be great to see these in kit form for those of us that prefer this scale. Not as small as the 1/72s but not huge as the 1/48s ( YF-19 Hase) for example. In other words, kits that would fit our Valk collections perfectly, scalewise. 

58 minutes ago, Pulltoeject said:

I mean why there there are no 1/60 scale buildable model kits out there. There are some 3d options but none made by the traditional companies like Hasegawa, Bandai, etc. 

Would be great to see these in kit form for those of us that prefer this scale. Not as small as the 1/72s but not huge as the 1/48s ( YF-19 Hase) for example. In other words, kits that would fit our Valk collections perfectly, scalewise. 

Well, Bandai makes a bunch of 1/60 scale stuff, for sci-fi series. PG Gundams, the new Full Metal Panic kits, Patlabor. Kotobukiya's FMP kits are also 1/60 for that matter.

1 hour ago, Pulltoeject said:

The first Macross toys were 1/55 scale IIRC, and Yamato's first VFs were 1/72 scale. The only reason companies have settled on ~1/60 is because that makes for a similar size product to other toys.

Model kits, similarly, have settled on 1/72 because that works best for everyone. 1/144 is too small for most collectors, and 1/48 is too big. Hasegawa et al COULD make 1/60 kits, but those kits would be wildly out of scale with their other kits, and would only satisfy the smallest of niches. The number of toy collectors who would be willing to put in the effort to build a model kit is very low. Some might say that defeats the whole purpose of collecting toys in the first place.