Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J 35th Anniversary

wmkjr

Maybe if it had an 'Anniversario' printed on the fuselage I'd think about it.:lol:

But at least there was an idea behind the Arcadia 30th crazy color scheme. Iwas meant to be a "VF-Itasha",  (you know, like those Japanese cars covered with anime babes, logos etc). Hence it came with all, the Macross series stickers for you to customise the thing. This 35th Ver on the other hand, (even with stickers) would still look awful. They could've had a competition, with fans coming up with their own schemes and have a vote. Pretty sure we would've ended up with something better (even if it had to include the obligatory 35th logo)

Main reason I picked up the 30th version was its price. New for $62.91 shortly after release (yes, like many, I keep prices on Excel sheets to track the stuff in my collection). Don't think it sold particularly well, although over the years it's price has picked up slightly. Sadly, the only thing I truly used was the plexiglass stand that came with it. <_<.

Who knows though, if I get lucky again and find one cheap, I'd probably get it as a companion piece for the 30th Ver, my 25th Anniversary 1/48 VF-1S and 35th HMR...I swear I don't like those Anniversary versions, but somehow they keep finding their way into my collection...:ph34r:

8 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Courtesy Dengeki Hobby:

201w8f7a1kf8-14.jpg201w8f7a1kf8-15.jpg201w8f7a1kf8-13.jpg

Thanks! I was looking for Battroid pics. That will do just fine all covered up with a FEXT Thunder Hummer armor. Actually, it doesn’t look too bad by itself but I have no interest in displaying any of those anniversary decos. 

• 6 months later...

Does this come with the clear plexiglass fighter mode stand/holder that is in the 30th-anniversary version?

Is there any way to buy those stand on its own? They are cool and easy to use.

It is such a simple stand if I can figure out the shape, might be able to DIY a few for my valks.

6 hours ago, DewPoint said:

The clear stands were supposed to be reissued and available for 500 yen not too long ago. I could never find any online vendors selling it. 

I see. 500 Yen is a good price for this. Wish I can find it.

7 hours ago, DewPoint said:

The clear stands were supposed to be reissued and available for 500 yen not too long ago. I could never find any online vendors selling it. 

I believe it was only available via Arcadia's store in limited quantities. This was in March 2018.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Duymon said:

Sorry for the Necro.

I picked this sucker up 2nd-hand and noticed it didn't have decals, only these horrible stickers.

Did the 35th anni not have decals like the 30th did?

If so, that's really an epic fail O_O

Looks like the 35th Anniversary release didn't have waterslide decal like the 30th did.

Here's what it states on Arcadia's website:

30th Anniversary  -  http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=68

■付属品:ガンポッド、ミサイルポッド、3連式対空ミサイル、搭乗用パイロットフィギュア、TV版ポージング用ハンドパーツ、専用簡易スタンド、スタンド用アタッチメント、マーキングステッカー、水転写デカール、取扱説明書、形状補完パーツ

■ Accessories: Gun pod, missile pod, triple antiaircraft missile, pilot figure for boarding, hand part for TV version posing, dedicated simple stand, attachment for stand, marking sticker, water transfer decal, instruction manual, shape supplement parts

35th Anniversary  -  http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=272

■付属品:ガンポッド、ミサイルポッド、3連式対空ミサイル、搭乗用パイロットフィギュア、movie版ポージング用ハンドパーツ、スタンド用アタッチメント、形状補完パーツ各種、マーキングステッカー、取扱説明書

■ Accessories: Gun pod, missile pod, triple anti-aircraft missile, pilot figure for boarding, movie version posing hand parts, attachment for stand, various shape supplement parts, marking sticker, instruction manual

3 minutes ago, Duymon said:

Thanks Noel. 

What a crap release then. I can never go back to crappy stickers after experiencing decals :0

You're welcome sir!

Maybe you can scan the sticker and reprint it in waterslide decal sheet?

On 2/21/2019 at 2:15 AM, kkx said:

Does this come with the clear plexiglass fighter mode stand/holder that is in the 30th-anniversary version?

Is there any way to buy those stand on its own? They are cool and easy to use.

It is such a simple stand if I can figure out the shape, might be able to DIY a few for my valks.

@Shizuka the Cat has found a good substitute for this:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...