Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J 35th Anniversary

wmkjr

7 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Arcadia announcement at WF2018 Winter. Price to be determined. Photos from Dengeki Hobby.

a32ec9d6e4634373c5cb9f332b990638.jpg61f5faedd52ff1f3f4df72f5166ce777.jpgabd46af6ed158826ec562ef8fc0e985e.jpg

I like it. I'll put it right next to the 30th valk.

To be honest it looks nice. Not sure if I’m going to get it. It would’ve been nice if this is already in Premium Finish format so that all the gold stickers will be tampoed. But since we’re not going to see a DX VF-31J version of this, Arcadia should’ve made the 5000th Production instead. ;)

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Still have lots of love for Arcadia, despite some REALLY questionable decisions, but I swear it'd be great if for once they could produce a visually appealing anniversary scheme.

-b.

Arcadia didn’t come up with this scheme.  It’s the official Macross 35th anniversary scheme.  Arcadia just made a Valk with it.

22 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Arcadia didn’t come up with this scheme.  It’s the official Macross 35th anniversary scheme.  Arcadia just made a Valk with it.

Not what I'm saying, but fair.

They did however make the choice to make a Valk in this scheme, I wish that they'd make or produce an anniversary Valkyrie toy, regardless of who designed the markings, that actually looks good (understood that aesthetics are personal preference).

-b.

*edit to add - use any number of popular schemes throughout the years, Enigma, Minmay Guards, etc. and slap a 35th anniversary sticker on the box and call it a day. The result is the same, the celebration of an anniversary 

Edited by Kanedas Bike

35 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

*edit to add - use any number of popular schemes throughout the years, Enigma, Minmay Guards, etc. and slap a 35th anniversary sticker on the box and call it a day. The result is the same, the celebration of an anniversary 

Oooh. Minmay Guard. Would love to see an official Arcadia one. ^_^ 

Or make a VF-1 Angel Birds 35th Anniversary Edition works well too. Right, b? ;) 

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Not what I'm saying, but fair.

They did however make the choice to make a Valk in this scheme, I wish that they'd make or produce an anniversary Valkyrie toy, regardless of who designed the markings, that actually looks good (understood that aesthetics are personal preference).

-b.

I thought that was what you were saying.  I understand now.  To be honest I wouldn’t be aby happier with Minmay Guard schemes.  But I seem to be one of few who has never liked them.

25 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

I man not a fan. Blue and black are two of my favorite colors but blue black and gold?  That is not a good color combo for a Valk. I see no celebration here. 

Actually the color scheme is ok. It’s just that the design is badly executed. I respect Master Tenjin but I don’t like his 2 anniversary schemes. I prefer the Itasha/Deculture designs more than his scheme. 

Edited by no3Ljm

19 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Without all the text, it's actually alright looking. Probably the best anniversary scheme IMO, which really isn't saying much. Probably won't get one, unless it's on sale.

Call me a heretic, but I actually like the all-black with gold panel lines anniversary scheme, also the YF-29 anniversary scheme (since it's essentially a Roy YF-29).

45 minutes ago, Gabe Q said:

It's destined for the bargain bin.

This is the main issue I think.  These are stupidly niche releases, and they have to know that.  It's like they're extremely hesitant to overproduce anything now, and take forever to release the schemes everyone is clamoring for.. but.. then they go and blow who knows how much money to open up a production line for something like this...

Maybe they're getting a massive kickback for participating in the anniversary?  I don't understand why they would bother making this a general release.  Take pre-orders, and make it an exclusive, so you don't lose a ton of money cranking out bargain bin fodder.

The scheme is what it is, and I think the super busy paintjobs do a disservice to the design overall, but that's an entirely separate pile of questionable decision making.

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Oooh. Minmay Guard. Would love to see an official Arcadia one. ^_^ 

Or make a VF-1 Angel Birds 35th Anniversary Edition works well too. Right, b? ;) 

Man...the only reason I'd say Angel Birds is because I've never had one in my collection. BUT since I'm so far out of the game as far as completing the Yamato and Arcadia lineups I probably wouldn't buy the Angel Birds either. :ph34r:

7 hours ago, Mommar said:

I thought that was what you were saying.  I understand now.  To be honest I wouldn’t be aby happier with Minmay Guard schemes.  But I seem to be one of few who has never liked them.

All good, I'm more fan of the Paris Act than Moon Guard and I can totally see why anyone wouldn't necessarily like either scheme.

4 hours ago, F360 said:

this will more likely be an webshop exclusive. 

That would be pretty smart for Arcadia - as others have already mentioned, I see that destined for a half off sale if it gets a normal release.

-b.

52 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

See.. the lack of progress on the SV-51 is probably the biggest reason this is such a let down.  Like.. priorities people.. no one's going to buy this, but they will knock down your doors for an update on that old design.

I hope the lack of progress means the re-design is fairly comprehensive and well tested.