Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just watched the first two eps.

Thank God

Spoiler

Miguel’s dad isn’t some legacy character!

The whole rival karate dojos stuff is almost bordering on silly now.

And the punchably annoying Larusso traits are coming out with Sam.  So, karate tournament > finding out about father you never knew.  Good to know.

Of course, Johnny is still the idiot heart of this show.  He’s so blatantly out of touch but is trying his best to do right that you can’t help but root for him.

Let’s see how the rest of this unfolds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More Mike Barnes please!  So Daniel married the sister of the love interest in 3, nice to see her return and add a little depth to the Wifey's character.  Not sure how they intend to go forward with dueling Dojo's but they haven't really dropped the ball yet.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

So I finally wrapped up this season and for the most part I enjoyed it. 

Spoiler

It was good to see Terry Silver finally get his butt handed to him, Mike Barnes & Chozen kicked ass while Johnny finally realized he had something to truly live for! I kind of liked how the kids at the end didn't instantly become best friends and all was well in the world... heads need to cool off for a while first, Stingray comes through in the end however his attempt at Karate moves was pretty weak looking, I tried not to laugh to loud at it. And then the finale... John Kreese makes his escape from prison, I have to admit it was definitely a good fake out to believe he got killed at the beginning only to release it was all part of a plan. I guess Season 6 will be the grand finale and the hopefully the demise of Kreese. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think

Spoiler

the fake-out of Kreese dying made you think someone else could die in the finale.

The series is so cheesy and yet so much fun!  

I was up and cheering when Johnny got the motivation power up!

And freakin’ Chozen drunk-dialing and claiming only a flesh wound.

So silly but such a good heart in this show.

PROTECT THE EGG!

 

Edited by Mog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

 

Quick edit: They are only looking for Chinese or mixed Chinese for the role which is lame imho. The great thing about THE KARATE KID was that it wasn't about race.

It may be that it has a relative to Jackie’s character. It could also be something bigger to do with the script, like a character that grew up in the states, but has parents from China or something similar. 
I wonder if this will be a karate kid or another kung fu kid or something oddly between the two

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Thom said:

Let's face it, the first Karate Kid movie was also lame.:p

It was more of a nostalgia kinda lame. I don’t think parents ever liked it and most kids felt like they had to see it because of the craze that followed it. I think it really was a simpler time and those goofy stories were what were available to kids at the time. But as lame as it was it was extremely memorable and if it weren’t for Karate Kid, more kids probably would’ve been dragged to a worse sports film like Over the Top

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Big s said:

It was more of a nostalgia kinda lame. I don’t think parents ever liked it and most kids felt like they had to see it because of the craze that followed it. I think it really was a simpler time and those goofy stories were what were available to kids at the time. But as lame as it was it was extremely memorable and if it weren’t for Karate Kid, more kids probably would’ve been dragged to a worse sports film like Over the Top

Oh, Over the Top was over the top awesome!:lol:

10 hours ago, derex3592 said:

@ThomI'm sorry, we can't ever speak again. Goodbye. :rofl:

I miss you already... :sad:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thom said:

Me calling anything lame when my favorite 80's kung-fu movie is...

 

:yahoo:

I actually really like the Last Dragon and if I had a choice right now between Karate Kid and Last Dragon, I’m definitely picking Last Dragon and watch it with some cheese and crackers to go with the onscreen cheese a bone cracking 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Big s said:

I actually really like the Last Dragon and if I had a choice right now between Karate Kid and Last Dragon, I’m definitely picking Last Dragon and watch it with some cheese and crackers to go with the onscreen cheese a bone cracking 

Sho'nuf!:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LEROY!!!  WHO'S THE MASTER?!!!!!

What's not to love about that film:  Vanity looking hot, an over the top villain or two, a catchy theme song, and more than enough cheese to fill a charcuterie board!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mog said:

LEROY!!!  WHO'S THE MASTER?!!!!!

What's not to love about that film:  Vanity looking hot, an over the top villain or two, a catchy theme song, and more than enough cheese to fill a charcuterie board!

BRING ON THE CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I mean it's cool 15 episodes.....but it's lame that we get it broken into 3 release dates. It's like, "Hey here's the first 5 episodes." that are probably 30 minutes or whatever, then 4 months later "Hey here's the next 5 episodes." 25 minutes each. And finally summer of 2025, "Oh yeah, last 5 episodes here you go." that are either 20-25 minutes each or going the stranger things route of hour and a half freaking each causing viewing fatigue again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

One dojo, two idiot masters, a bunch of angry horny kids and a whole lot of drama. Watch as they single handedly raise a rich neighborhood’s crime rate and lower their neighbors property values.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bummer Netflix is stretching this out as much as they possibly can, three parts with five episodes each? That release schedule sucks, but it is what it is I guess, I love the show and am ready for more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m probably gonna tear through those episodes quick.

So, I understand Netflix wanting to slow down the binge, and leave the show in folks’ mind for a longer period of time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2024 at 6:35 PM, Big s said:

One dojo, two idiot masters, a bunch of angry horny kids and a whole lot of drama. Watch as they single handedly raise a rich neighborhood’s crime rate and lower their neighbors property values.

CKParodyPoster.jpg.f880dbd7d449f3e153a71d43ba1cfb49.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...