Loved, loved, loved this new season. Wow, it was just so damn fun and satisfying! It's cheesy to the max, beyond cheese, the performances are pretty bad and you can predict every scene as it happens, but still, it's just oh-so enjoyable, it really takes you back. Who would've though in 2020/2021 people would become obsessed with a fictional California youth karate story from the eighties?

I bet the showrunners and producers are beyond excited for the Netflix situation, I can say I never bothered with this show when it was on YouTube Red, I never even considered checking it out, and I never heard much hype around it. Put it on a relevant platform and BOOM! Mega hit. 

Most of us were ragging on it, when the first trailers came out.

But even in Season 1, it came in with a nice mixture of nostalgia, not taking itself too seriously, twisting the story perspectives around, and gave us a main character actually trying and struggling to grow and do right.

Eagles don’t get sh*t on!

On 1/20/2021 at 11:26 AM, Mog said:

Most of us were ragging on it, when the first trailers came out.

I very much remember the first trailer, and that it was a YouTube Red exclusive, and felt the same. I had two questions, who is this for? And is there any chance this won't be terrible?

Look where we are now, it's absolutely one of my favorite new TV shows in recent years, it's a ton of fun.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, danth said:

Hopefully they get Teen Witch to make a cameo!

Never saw Teen Witch; I remember her more for roles in 86' Wild Cats and Best of Times; yet I'm not a Football guy.   If you pull up her Filmography, at least through Google she gets a credit for Cobra Kai since 18' so.....

1 hour ago, Wolf-1 said:

Never saw Teen Witch; I remember her more for roles in 86' Wild Cats and Best of Times; yet I'm not a Football guy.   If you pull up her Filmography, at least through Google she gets a credit for Cobra Kai since 18' so.....

There are recent pics of her with Zabka out there. She looks amazing for being 49!

Definitely check out Teen Witch if you want to see one of the most cringe-worthy scenes in movie history.

Edited by danth

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finished up Season 4 today.

Not bad, kinda made some surprising choices storywise, and had some amusing bits.

Spoiler

Especially when Daniel and Johnny double KO'ed each other.

Looks like they're trying to make it where no one is really truly the "bad guy," per se.

They're clearly going for a Season 5, but not sure how much more story they can go with.

Spoiler

Miggy's father storyline doesn't really seem too compelling (please don't be a character from one of the films).

And I don't know how many more angles they can approach the whole bullying theme.

Hopefully, they end the series on the high note, and just don't drag out the show season after season.

No college will take those kids.  They don't study.  All their free time is spent practicing Karate.  Their school records are filled comments about getting in fights.  1st Season started with Johnny as a Craigslist Handy Man living in a cheap apartment.  Same fate awaits all those kids.   Daniel got lucky.  Look at Ali she dated Karate kids but did none of that Karate herself and became a doctor.

7 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Didn't know it till last night but Ralph Macchio is older than Thomas Ian Griffith (Terry Silver) by several months. Which is funny as Terry was a Vietnam vet and Danny was still a teenager when KK3 was made.

Which is weird, right?  I guess we know who aged better... ha ha ha ha.  Must be hard running a toxic dump business.

Spoiler

I was a little surprised at Hawk's win at the end.  But it does seem like the story arc this season shifts more to the adults than the kids.  I mean there is always a healthy dose of adults, but seems more so this season.   They are also shifting the focus away from Miguel and bringing in more of the other characters it feels like.  I hope the Mexico arc is actually a good one.  It would be funny if Barnes was Miguel's dad... ha ha ha ha... that would be too far a stretch, was interesting to see Kenny's brother happen to be the one that Robby had a fight with.

• 3 months later...