But imagine it was named Perseverer instead. 

Though in hindsight, THAT name should've been given to Opportunity. Planned mission of three months, ran for over a decade. But we had no way of knowing in advance how much of an overachiever Oppy was. 

4 hours ago, JB0 said:

But imagine it was named Perseverer instead. 

Though in hindsight, THAT name should've been given to Opportunity. Planned mission of three months, ran for over a decade. But we had no way of knowing in advance how much of an overachiever Oppy was. 

You could say all that was a hidden opportunity...

I’ll see myself out.:p

5 hours ago, F-ZeroOne said:

One of the things they're going to do on this mission is test fly a drone helicopter. If it succeeds, you could say it will have been the result of a collective effort.

Thank you, folks, I'm here all week! :lol:

:rofl::lol: OMG, dude. So funny.

You should have italicized collective for those unacquainted to at least have a Google clue. 

And yeah, having been a helo fan since my early teens, I'm very excited to see this thing fly on Mars. Imagine the potential if it works....

44 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Not the smoothest landing ever (see that little bounce there) but I'll take it. Wasn't sure there for a moment. Nicely done SpaceX! 

Had a bit of a bigger bounce a bit later when the ruptured Methane tank caught; still a phenominaly successful test. Looking forward to them getting a functional landing gear system in place and seeing them intentionaly get vehicles airborne multiple times.

• 4 months later...
15 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Lol! 😂

Not what I was thinking either. When I saw the engine bells, I couldn't help but laugh. Rocket powered, baby, yeah!

Who says space ain't sexy?:p:lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...