[R.I.P.] Dolores O’Riordan

Old_Nash

Sad indeed. She was my age- always sad to lose people so young, but loss of singers and actors, who touch a global audience with their talent always carries a certain shared sense of loss. I'll always appreciate 'Dreams' as one of her finest songs- it still resonates. RIP, Delores.

An article I just read says she suffered from depression, as well as bipolar disorder, which, untreated, can be a difficult condition to live with, both for the sufferer and those around them. The article also mentioned that she had attempted to take her life once before by purposely ODing. I just read it, but I don't recall the source of that article. Apologies. Associated press reports that her death was not suspicious per police; however, an official cause is yet to be determined. A source close to Ms. O'Riordan says she sounded happy and anticipated a visit with himself and his wife later in the week during a phone call with her. Alas, what took her remains to be seen. It's a sad loss regardless.

Those psychiatric medications for bipolar disorder can and do have side effects that directly effect the circulatory system. 

So, it's likely she had a massive stroke or heart attack from the long-term use of those types of medications.  From her

last messages to her friends and family, she had lots to look forward to for new projects.  So sad.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=bipolar+medication+and+heart+attack&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=36tjWuDHLYPt8wfMiIGwDw

I was wrong about her medications causing her death.

She was drinking alcohol in the bathtub, fell asleep and drowned. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/4430851/dolores-oriordan-cause-of-death-cranberries-singer/

:(

Edited by boinger
official autopsy results

• azrael locked this topic