Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S Premium Finish

no3Ljm

Originally posted by @Zx31 on the What's next for Arcadia thread. Arcadia announced they will going to release a Premium Finish version of Roy's VF-0S Phoenix on June 2018.

Preorder starts on January 16, 2018 and ends on February 23, 2018 via Arcadia Online Shop for Y38800.

image.png

Edited by no3Ljm

As much as the 0S premium finish is certainly cool, i still rather have an updated ghost set.

32 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

The original Arcadia VF-0S had already a lot of printings: it looks great as is already. Arcadia would better make first Shin's VF-0A which had barely any markings.

Anyway, I always wanted an additional VF-0S, let see how much it goes :)

Since arcadia had QA'ed the hip joint on the 0 valk, a Premium Finish 0A release would certainly be worry free option!

I already have two 0S and I decaled the hell out of both of them.  Even the one covered in armor.  This is a pass.  But like everyone has said a fixed hip 0A/0D would be more welcome (though I already decaled the hell out of those two as well.)

To be honest, despite the fact I decal-ed my original one both the VF-0S and VF-1S really don't need anything more than the Skulls and UN Spacy markings.  The White with Black and Yellow stripes are elegant in their simplicity.  I kind of regret the decals on my 0.

35 minutes ago, Mommar said:

To be honest, despite the fact I decal-ed my original one both the VF-0S and VF-1S really don't need anything more than the Skulls and UN Spacy markings.  The White with Black and Yellow stripes are elegant in their simplicity.  I kind of regret the decals on my 0.

I would love to see your "decal-ed" VF-0A

Nope not gonna bite on this one. Arcadia already charges a premium price for their products. Adding an additional $100 for tampo on the VF-0 will put it over $400. It's one thing to pay that amount (or more) for a special one time piece like the SDF-1. Paying that amount of money for a valk is way too far out of my budget. At least this release will give my wallet a chance to recover from all the spending I am doing the first half of this year.

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Easy pass for me.  I trimmed every single sticker on my Arcadia OS and panel lined it (which they won't do), so I'm good with my own premium version. B))

+1 Ditto on this one.  :good:^_^ 

2 hours ago, Alex GS said:

awww damn :( , is being a while I'm looking for VF-0S at a reasonable price, just thinking about how much this will cost it scares the hell out of me, the regular Arcadia one was priced at 31,200 Y and that was with the AmiAmi discount!

At this point, expect that the price for this is around Y48000.

I feel like Arcadia is getting into the same cycle of "Let's release stupid expensive stuff to help fund the development of affordable stuff" that Yamato got into before the v.2 VF-1 came out.  Prices have gone up overall, but I wonder if they're focusing on all these premium versions as a slightly less labor-intensive way to line their pockets for upcoming production runs. :huh: 

Either way, I think I'm done with the VF-0.  I still have all three original Yamato versions, two 0Ds, and an Arcadia 0S, and even with all the improvements to the new version's mold, I can't help but feel like they cheapened out on a few features.  Switching from molded plastic lights in the wings to black paint actually felt kind of insulting to see them pull.  If there's anything they should be doing with a premium version, it's fixing that.

This is an easy skip for me. I have the first release they did. This probably means they will be doing premium versions of the other VF-0 Valkyries. 

I guess that good news for anyone wanting a complete premium version collection.

Edited by General Rasp
spelling

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I feel like Arcadia is getting into the same cycle of "Let's release stupid expensive stuff to help fund the development of affordable stuff" that Yamato got into before the v.2 VF-1 came out.  Prices have gone up overall, but I wonder if they're focusing on all these premium versions as a slightly less labor-intensive way to line their pockets for upcoming production runs. :huh: 

Either way, I think I'm done with the VF-0.  I still have all three original Yamato versions, two 0Ds, and an Arcadia 0S, and even with all the improvements to the new version's mold, I can't help but feel like they cheapened out on a few features.  Switching from molded plastic lights in the wings to black paint actually felt kind of insulting to see them pull.  If there's anything they should be doing with a premium version, it's fixing that.

It'd be nice if that was the case, but Arcadia hasn't really released anything truly new *(Macross related) or indicated that they would. I hope that they do, but until something gets announced this feels like just an obvious cash grab...

And with that said, will I buy? That's a big fat maybe - dependent on the price and what else is being released at or around the same time.

If nothing else this just makes me glad that I already have an 0S, 0D and 0A from Arcadia.

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike
*to add "Macross related"

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

this sounds pretty logical. i agree with this. 

8 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

It'd be nice if that was the case, but Arcadia hasn't really released anything truly new *(Macross related) or indicated that they would. I hope that they do, but until something gets announced this feels like just an obvious cash grab...

And with that said, will I buy? That's a big fat maybe - dependent on the price and what else is being released at or around the same time.

If nothing else this just makes me glad that I already have an 0S, 0D and 0A from Arcadia.

-b.

yeah, i agree with -b, waitingon that that price announcement and see if they offer both premium and regular reprints before deciding. 

Yes this is an "obvious cash grab." Making money is the point. Do you guys think Bandai is releasing Macross toys just because they love the community so, so much? Or that Arcadia should just sell their products at a loss, just to show how much they love us? 

The real question is will enough people pay the premium price for this to be a profitable venture for Arcadia? Ehh, probably, since it's not a regular retail release.