Frontier VF-25 :: Renewal, Super, Tornado, Armored. HELP!

Arkham

Greetings folks,

I've been trying to snipe some Frontier valks to increase my tiny collection and I'm full of doubts about what should I get (or what do I want!) and was wondering if you guys could give me a hand clarifying some things:

- First, I understand that I should be aiming for the "Renewal" versions, as the 1st released versions have a very shameful GERWALK pose among other problems.

- Second, "extra" parts (Super, Tornado, Armored)

-- a) Obviously, we are talking about parts compatible with the "Renewal" version, but how do you know? how to identify those? I've seen separate boxes, Tamashi, "combo" boxes (for Super and Tornado)

--b) IIRC Tornado parts are from the movie and they have that dual cannon in the back. If I don't put that piece, do I get the equivalente of Super parts? or is there other differences between them? (I'm more interested in the Series than the Movies look)

I know most of the ID can be done with the release number, as in (GE-53), but most of the pictures is nearly impossible to tell the number and I haven't find a Bandai Catalog of sorts.

If you have any of these configurations and can take or link pictures of the boxes for ID purposes, that would be awesome:

- Ozma Armored

- RVF-25 Super (with Ghosts, ofc)

- Michael Blanc Super

- Alto (I can't even remember if he used Super or Armored, or both)

Thanks!

Renewal valks boxes got white backgrounds. Original ones have black backgrounds. Go visit Jenius's website. here is the link to the renewals http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=5279 it has reference pics you can look at. There are separate entries for the other parts if you click on the VF-25 Messiah tab on the right under categories.

Edit: You can also look for anything that has (リニューアル版 ver.) in the description for the renewals.

Edited by wmkjr

If it's a combo box, you do NOT want it.  All combos are the older, non-renewals.  

I've been of the opinion, that if someone was going to "start from scratch" for Frontier----buy a renewal, and a tornado pack.  Best "bang for the buck".  The tornado pack has a lot of parts, is similar to the super pack, but much cheaper and easier to get than super pack or armor pack.  However, it is SIMILAR.  Not a single thing is identical.   

33 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

If it's a combo box, you do NOT want it.  All combos are the older, non-renewals.  

I've been of the opinion, that if someone was going to "start from scratch" for Frontier----buy a renewal, and a tornado pack.  Best "bang for the buck".  The tornado pack has a lot of parts, is similar to the super pack, but much cheaper and easier to get than super pack or armor pack.  However, it is SIMILAR.  Not a single thing is identical.   

The only problem with the above is that the tornado packs are exclusively for the 2 most expensive VF-25s: Alto and Michael. Ozma and Luca are a decent amount cheaper.

41 minutes ago, Arkham said:

Thanks a lot for all the info. I think I got it now.

I ordered a RVF-25 with the Super Parts & Ghosts set (Renewal, both). 

I'll be checking if an armored 25S shows up at a decent price

Thanks again

The RVF 25+super/ghost is a great looking setup, to me at least.

Couple things to note. The wings won't fold all the way up in battroid due to the dish, but it still looks good (kinda locke a rocket-pack). Not strictly perfect transformation due to an extender that's needed between the arm and the shield due to the fin.

29 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

ozma is more expensive than alto. 

Huh, he wasn't when I bought my Ozma from Mandarake a few months back in March (20,000 vs 25,000). Looks like he is now though.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Huh, he wasn't when I bought my Ozma from Mandarake a few months back in March (20,000 vs 25,000). Looks like he is now though.

i do recall ozma being easy to find close to cost a year ago not too far removed from his reprint. i think stock started to dry up and prices jump around june. he's getting close to 25G's price range. good thing you got in on a good price. 

My thoughts on purchase consideration is the condition of the toy 1-2 years after opening.  

The DX Renewal 25 series defines a mortal toy.  Out of the box, it's clean and articulated and the 25 you love. It gets all the ladies and drives a sports car, it's in its prime. Then, the DX paint will chip at the metal shoulders and intakes, and without a perfect match paint doctor, the young DX enters its 30's and wants to settle down.  It takes two days now to recover fully from a hard night out drinking.

Then, the hips will loosen to the point they just flop, the DX took its youth for granted and can't just miss the gym without consequences like it used to.  The DX can't believe it injured itself busting out a transformation into battroid like it's done a million times before.  There is no more putting it off, the DX has to have reconstructive surgery on its joints.  

It finds a great doctor who uses a proven technique using future polish or other medium to resurface the joint and give it back some strength.   The doctor was clear though, his joint is functional again, but he has to be careful going forward because the joint can weaken fast and then will likely require other surgeries.  The DX is happy, spirits lifted as it can stand once again with purpose, but then it looks in the mirror and notices the chips and scars from the surgery, that screw is stripped a little now, and no matter what others say, The DX knows it's hips just don't line up as even as they once did.  The shoulders will suffer the same fate.  They will flop to where a gun cannot be held up.  A new technique involving the shoulders is being used but the doctors say the outcome is very similar to the hip resurfacing. This will all happen and a great supportive medical community will keep offering the most up to date surgery techniques to keep the  DX's life as functional as possible.  

Having a DX is like having a child that you will need to care for the entire duration of its life.  

Make sure you are committed.

Edited by Ridden001

35 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

My thoughts on purchase consideration is the condition of the toy 1-2 years after opening.  

The DX Renewal 25 series defines a mortal toy.  Out of the box, it's clean and articulated and the 25 you love. It gets all the ladies and drives a sports car, it's in its prime. Then, the DX paint will chip at the metal shoulders and intakes, and without a perfect match paint doctor, the young DX enters its 30's and wants to settle down.  It takes two days now to recover fully from a hard night out drinking.

Then, the hips will loosen to the point they just flop, the DX took its youth for granted and can't just miss the gym without consequences like it used to.  The DX can't believe it injured itself busting out a transformation into battroid like it's done a million times before.  There is no more putting it off, the DX has to have reconstructive surgery on its joints.  

It finds a great doctor who uses a proven technique using future polish or other medium to resurface the joint and give it back some strength.   The doctor was clear though, his joint is functional again, but he has to be careful going forward because the joint can weaken fast and then will likely require other surgeries.  The DX is happy, spirits lifted as it can stand once again with purpose, but then it looks in the mirror and notices the chips and scars from the surgery, that screw is stripped a little now, and no matter what others say, The DX knows it's hips just don't line up as even as they once did.  The shoulders will suffer the same fate.  They will flop to where a gun cannot be held up.  A new technique involving the shoulders is being used but the doctors say the outcome is very similar to the hip resurfacing. This will all happen and a great supportive medical community will keep offering the most up to date surgery techniques to keep the  DX's life as functional as possible.  

Having a DX is like having a child that you will need to care for the entire duration of its life.  

Make sure you are committed.

Awesome post!:good:

Happy New Year and that's another year added to the 25's age.