Let's collect thought in the Macross 35th anniversary!! !

Mari-ja

LKLadLKZyAtqIGj-800x450-noPad.jpg?150978

Do you know first Macross?
Various each generation series is still produced, but, speaking of Macross, there may be the person who has not watched ancestor Macross plenty even if the present young generation knows the recent Macross series.

Foundation of all Macross series including many hit products, first Macross which should be right called the legend.
But the first generation will come to the another 30 years ago knowing that it was broadcast how much now.
If I say a shock because of the novelty to the rest of the setting and story when I was televised at the time for rial!
Still further, the theater version made a big hit very much very much, too. High quality and the love drama of the deep psychological description are still worth seeing enough.

The SF animation that "super space-time fortress Macross" was televised on TV until June, 83, the following day from October, 1982.
I included a fighter, Gerwalk, Batroid and the rich ideas such as variableness fighter Baru Killy to transform, the city space in the huge battleship, the huge alien, pilot and woman senior officer who did not have culture, the love triangle with the pop idol and described life-sized youths in a main shaft in a magnificent story called the war between the star with the alien.
In response to the popularity, was released a theater in July, 1984; is comprised of a story new at all on filmizing it "does super space-time fortress Macross love remember it?"; is production by a whole book new work. Character setting, the machine setting were renovated and were described in the setting that was more real, and was hard.
In addition, it was a pioneer work of the media mix that a singer of the in a play actually took out a record, and the theater version theme songs which sang of Mari Iijima exceeded the frame of the animation fan "does love remember it?", and it was a musical piece to remain in the memory of many people.

The person who wants to know more details about first Macross this! The big event is planned (Wikipedia) and soon, too.

Super space-time orchestral music
It is attended at supervision, Shoji Kawamori there!

Therefore I want you to produce a sequel to first Macross by all means.
I load a petition with the feeling and want to hand you it directly.

If, to the young people who have not yet watched the first generation, you can enjoy first generation Macross with a fresh feeling by all means even if you know Macross F let alone the fan from old days.

With a beautiful style of painting again that for Haruhiko Mikimoto which appear in the animation world by a character design like a comet (that was not sure, but was still scouted by a rare coterie event in those days.), and was predominant in a generation of Macross at the start first for the production staff by supervision a character design. Lynn Minmay of the heroine who cannot also talk without her by all means to Mari Iijima! She was employed as Minmay position during College of Music attendance at school and originally it was a singer-songwriter, but, by wonderful matching of Minmay which I put together only after I put it together, I served this Macross popularity very much and put it up. To study the performance afterwards; to the United States. And he/she plays a voice of Minmay with English version of Macross which was extreme popularity again how in the United States. I dub the same character with a Japanese edition abroad, and probably, as for the expectation た voice actor, there may be only her in a version.

It is sure that it produces many legends again, thing if televised again!

How about?
Does the generation whom the new generation who does not know first Macross looked at in old days not want to see Macross where Minmay plays an active part again?

In fact, I only have 1 week before a planned event to hand a petition.
So please scatter this page with the agreement of all of you as much as possible how about if good.

We'd really appreciate your support!

change.org A re-animated cartoon of first Macross becoming it! I want to see those unique characters again! To a young generation knowing only new Macross by all means!

Kawamori-san has repeatedly said he's not interested in doing a direct sequel to Super Dimension Fortress Macross.

There's no point in petitioning him to do something he's adamant about refusing to do.

3 hours ago, Mari-ja said:

Is that a long ago? The current director Kawamori should not do anything in the super-spacetime orchestra event or digital editing of the old movie Macross indeed!

Yes and no.  Kawamori-san's insistence that the story of the original Macross main trio is over and he will not revisit it is a stance that he has held for a long time now, and as far as we know he hasn't changed his mind any.  At the Super Dimension Convention earlier this year, Mari Iijima herself noted that while she has somewhat recently changed her mind and is willing to return as Lynn Minmay, Kawamori isn't interested in revisiting the character or her story.

As far as Kawamori has said, Hikaru, Misa, and Minmay's story is over.  It ended with Macross: Flash Back 2012 when they sailed off into the metaphorical sunset together.  There is no more story to tell where they are involved.  He wants to move forward and tell new stories.

Kawamori's only involvement with the anniversary commemorative events is attending them, and he doesn't have anything to do with the digital remastering of older Macross shows for home video release.

3 hours ago, Mari-ja said:

But since I am doing it I still have nothing to do with my first generation yet! What?

Like I said, the story of the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross cast is over... its epilogue was the 1987 Macross: Flash Back 2012 OVA, which was material that was originally storyboarded for Super Dimension Fortress Macross's 36th episode.

There isn't really a story to tell with those characters from that point on.  Thanks to titles like Macross 7 Docking Festival we know what most of the cast did after the war ended and Megaroad-01 launched and it's not exactly exciting stuff.  Most of them quit the military and went back to civilian life.  The only ones who had any real excitement in their lives after were Max and Milia, who kept their commissions and went into the New UN Spacy Special Forces before being assigned to the Macross-7 fleet, and that's well-documented already in Macross M3 and Macross 7.  The rest is not particularly exciting: General Global retired from the military in 2016 to go into government, Britai got Global's old job, Shammy got married and had 11 kids, Vanessa got married and has a club in Macross City that she and her husband run, Kim never married and works a desk job in the New UN Forces, the lolicon trio kept working odd jobs and at least one ended up as an alcoholic, etc. 

Having been MIA for half a century at this point, even the fate of the main trio isn't likely to be good material for a series either.  If they aren't long-dead, then they've been living peacefully on some planet isolated by fold faults.

Wasn't it like 20 years ago when Kawamori shrugged off the original cast? Seems ample time for him to change his mind and we know he too plays by the sponsors rules. I don't want them to go back, just saying we shouldn't be too hastey in ruling things out.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Wasn't it like 20 years ago when Kawamori shrugged off the original cast? Seems ample time for him to change his mind and we know he too plays by the sponsors rules. I don't want them to go back, just saying we shouldn't be too hastey in ruling things out.

Yeah, it goes back like 25 years... but he's never changed that stance.  Like I said in my last post, the most recent indication that his position hasn't changed is from Mari Iijima just 2 months ago at Super Dimension Convention.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

11 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

The only ones who had any real excitement in their lives after were Max and Milia, who kept their commissions and went into the New UN Spacy Special Forces before being assigned to the Macross-7 fleet, and that's well-documented already in Macross M3 and Macross 7

And even then, by Macross 7 they are largely relegated to supporting roles. They have stepped aside to let the new kids have their time to shine. 

It is nice to have a story that comes to a conclusion, and that's what the original Macross offers us. Things aren't continued forever as Hikaru attracts an ever-larger collection of females pining over him and the war drags on for decades with no end in sight.

Even just name-dropping the Ichijo couple comes with risks. Eventually, every event in the galaxy involves the Ichijo clan for some reason, and it just gets ridiculous. Besides, the Jeniuses won't tolerate competition.

They haven't thrown enough money at Kawamori...

In the sequel, Hikaru is a pacifist, Max has given up flying, Misa is an ace pilot, Minmay sings off-key and Roy is back. Of course he is!

This is bold and inventive.

Hmm, better not.

Edited by nhyone

Who are we kidding here?  Has a change.org petition ever actually resulted in the person receiving it doing something besides just deleting the change.org e-mail without reading it?

You're missing a couple of zeros between your goal and the point where you stand a chance of being taken seriously by the people you want to influence.  200 random internet strangers is not going to impress anybody.  They might pay attention if you get 20,000 signatures.  If you get 200,000 signatures then you might have a chance of being taken seriously.

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Sir Galahad® said:

Yoshi?

Your guess is as good as mine.  Misa took Hikaru's name when they got married and their daughter's name is Miku, not Yoshi.

(Yoshi being a man's given name makes it doubly odd... maybe they meant Yoshie?)

25 minutes ago, Sir Galahad® said:

I guess the only other way that we could get a fresh take on the series is Macross the First, unfortunately the releases take a really long time. Is it on hiatus?

Sort of. Though all indications are that it's going to end in the same place the TV series was supposed to... with the departure of Megaroad-01.  It's pretty much a given that there won't be any kind of direct sequel to the original Macross series like the OP wants.