Yamato/Arcadia Kits

slide

so I've seen Yamato VF-1 and Arcadia VF-0 Armour kits... they seem to be a cheaper alternative to buying a finished version, and allow for customization more readily, but I have several questions:

Are these resin or plastic? 

how do the joints hold up vs actual finished products?

and most importantly: are they going to kit the 1/3000 SDF-1, and if so where do I lurk to get my hands on one?

1. They’re plastic. 

2. That depends entirely on you and how carefully you build them. All pieces/parts are identical to the finished product, so the joints could be better, or worse. 

3. I believe Yamato did make an SDF-1 kit awhile back, it was sold in limited quantities and was pretty expensive when it was new. Now it’s nigh-unobtainable. Expect to pay $1500 or more, I’d say, and you need to search Mandarake and, more likely, Yahoo Japan auctions to find one. 

From what I understand, they're identical in every way to the prebuilt versions (sans paint/tampo/decals, of course). They just come in constituent parts, on the runners, rather than being completed.

But I haven't built one, so... yeah. Maybe someone else will be able to give you some more insightful answers.

Assembly kit VF-1 from Yamato is exactly same as assembled toy. Plastic and metal detals, screws, decal sheet etc

Assembly kit SDF-1 same as assembled too. But now it costs minimal 40-50k yen, so u can buy assembled Arcadia version and customize it for cheaper price

There is my kit after small work

IMG_20171215_222235570.jpg

Edited by enphily
Photo

Thanks for the responses guys!

so, do we know, or do we think, they'll issue a kit of the SDF-1 from this run?

I'd love a 1/3000, especially a premium ver., but if there's a run of kits I'd rather save the money and paint/assemble it myself...

On 12/15/2017 at 12:48 PM, slide said:

Thanks for the responses guys!

so, do we know, or do we think, they'll issue a kit of the SDF-1 from this run?

I'd love a 1/3000, especially a premium ver., but if there's a run of kits I'd rather save the money and paint/assemble it myself...

Unfortunately you wont be saving much with their current pricing on new kits .

Just now, F360 said:

Unfortunately you wont be saving much with their current pricing on new kits .

Conversion rates being what they are, any little bit will help.

via HLJ the std. SDF-1 will run me $440Canadian, a premium would run about $730; which is simply unacceptable when shipping and customs added on......