Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

42 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Requested a quote via proxy service. Not taking any chances :)

38 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Same, just to check out the prices. Doubt it'll be much different from BigInJapan or such.

I'm planning on ordering two. Let me know how much the difference to go proxy route on this one. Thanks! ^_^

LOL, that shipping quote has me worried but I just submitted my order. Ends up a lot cheaper than NY...  Even if they come back and say "Our bad, shipping is $32" it would still be cheaper than NY. This is my first order with them so fingers crossed.

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Sure! For the next TWE item? ;)

TWE or otherwise, I'm game. If we're buying from NY there's not much of a benefit... for this preorder it's cheaper to buy three separate orders of the missiles and have them all shipped SAL then to buy three at one time because they jack up the shipping so much!

EDIT - it's late and my math is fuzzy so don't trust me entirely on that! 

Edited by jenius

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Isn't it like 7 PM in Australia as I type this?

Yes it was early but I struggle to stay awake..

1 hour ago, orindlt said:

It's also Office XMas party season, so maybe Spanner has been on the turps ;-)

No turps, just exhausted.. I usually begin to shutdown by early evening. I got up for a tinkle and thought I'd check NY and managed to get one. 

Ordered with AE. I like that I didn’t have to pay shipping until later. AUD is a little weak right now too. 

Looks like they charge actual shipping costs too, unlike NY that is always inflated and even on release they have the gall to request additional shipping. 

From Japan might end up being the cheapest if you’re not from Australia and shipping more than 2 units.

if you’re from Australia it will potentially be more  expensive than other proxy stores as From Japan are enforcing the GST collection for Australian customers.

They only charge ¥300 - ¥700 service fee flat rate, but I’m not sure what their payment fee is for purchasing on your behalf. Might be a percentage?

11 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

From Japan might end up being the cheapest if you’re not from Australia and shipping more than 2 units.

if you’re from Australia it will potentially be more  expensive than other proxy stores as From Japan are enforcing the GST collection for Australian customers.

They only charge ¥300 - ¥700 service fee flat rate, but I’m not sure what their payment fee is for purchasing on your behalf. Might be a percentage?

I don’t think there’s any other service fee with FromJapan  

All you have to do is copy and paste the product URL into the main search function in FromJapan. That will bring you into a different page for proxy purchase. Filled in the blanks and within minutes I had an email and then a payment request. I guess the downside is it’s full payment upfront. 

2 hours ago, orindlt said:

Thank you for the link. 

I didn’t stay up at all (EST) and just woke up. Decided to take a risk with NY on just one set. Their shipping was not cheap though. 4490 yen + ECO shipping 1740 yen = 6190 yen all in, pay up front. 

6 minutes ago, Jwwu said:

All you have to do is copy and paste the product URL into the main search function in FromJapan. That will bring you into a different page for proxy purchase. Filled in the blanks and within minutes I had an email and then a payment request. I guess the downside is it’s full payment upfront. 

What was the unit price they charged you? I assume they add on the local shipping to their warehouse and that’s it. 

Payment upfront is the same for all the proxy resellers. The only difference is if you have to pay estimated international shipping upfront ;)

Seems like FJ and AE have the advantage over the others so far. (Except FJ for Aussies is 10% extra on top)

(Unless AUD tanks more over the next 5 months then I will be wishing I paid estimated shipping upfront. LOL).

31 minutes ago, Jwwu said:

how much was ur payment request? They havent answered me yet..

12 minutes ago, seti88 said:

how much was ur payment request? They havent answered me yet..

I paid 7992 JY up front for 2 sets.

Second charge (when they arrive) is buying fee (300 JY) + domestic shipping (maybe 1000 JY?) + international shipping (maybe 1500 JY for SAL). 

I paid with a CC with no foreign fees so it’s cheaper than bank or PayPal. YMMV

I got a payment request immediately; you may want to checkout the buying guide because it should have gone right through. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods