Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


IXTL

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, arrow said:

i wasn't able to get the yamato. I have the DX, still annoys me that there isn't a Minmei sitting figure

I'm with you on that. Freaking idiotic on Bandai's part to not give us that and a second Hikaru pilot figure. My 1D cockpit is empty because Hikaru is in the fan racer and of course no sitting Minmay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I'm with you on that. Freaking idiotic on Bandai's part to not give us that and a second Hikaru pilot figure. My 1D cockpit is empty because Hikaru is in the fan racer and of course no sitting Minmay.

So no one has seen a "Shapeways" Hikaru with no helmet but with goggles for the Fan racer?

And no sitting Minmay?

:(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai vs Yamato. Which do you prefer? :unknw:

52021154400_e4b3402d75_o.jpg

52020678088_c02c4900b2_o.jpg

Honestly, not fair. That yamato is panel lined and very well too, i'd add. Also waterslide decals have been applied, if i m not mistaken. I mean, it looks really beautiful! I wish i had one like yours...Although i am not a big fan of the shade of orange yamato used...too vibrant(same problem i have with the Ostrich).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai vs Yamato. Which do you prefer? :unknw:

52021154400_e4b3402d75_o.jpg

52020678088_c02c4900b2_o.jpg

I prefer the orange of the DX, but the white landing gears of the Yamato. But since the landing gears only affect 1 mode, the DX comes out on top.

And yes, the lack of a sitting Minmay with the DX is annoying.

Love your work on both!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

Honestly, not fair. That yamato is panel lined and very well too, i'd add. Also waterslide decals have been applied, if i m not mistaken. I mean, it looks really beautiful! I wish i had one like yours...Although i am not a big fan of the shade of orange yamato used...too vibrant(same problem i have with the Ostrich).

 

6 hours ago, TheLoneWolf said:

I prefer the orange of the DX, but the white landing gears of the Yamato. But since the landing gears only affect 1 mode, the DX comes out on top.

And yes, the lack of a sitting Minmay with the DX is annoying.

Love your work on both!

Hey thanks! Both actually have similar levels of effort to bring them to their current level of detail. Though less work on the DX since it has pretty much all the necessary markings already printed (even the ejection seat warnings!).

It looks really orange in the pics (probably my ad hoc light setup), but I think the Yamato orange is closer to the anime.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/22/2022 at 12:39 AM, Lolicon said:

I'm with you on that. Freaking idiotic on Bandai's part to not give us that and a second Hikaru pilot figure. My 1D cockpit is empty because Hikaru is in the fan racer and of course no sitting Minmay.

I am going to third this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/22/2022 at 6:13 AM, sqidd said:

So no one has seen a "Shapeways" Hikaru with no helmet but with goggles for the Fan racer?

And no sitting Minmay?

:(

Are you saying there is a Shapeways figures of these?  I'd love some.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think everything not Delta-related got shoved to the back of the line for a while so they can focus on getting out merchandise to go with the new movie. 

They're also probably hurting for options at the moment, and the quality control issues with the 31AX would seem to indicate they're farming out their product lines to cheaper alternative sources.  With shipping and manufacturing going as they are, they probably don't have the capacity to support a second product line right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dumb question but why does it seem like ever since Harmony Gold and Bigwest made an agreement and Bandai had that questionnaire about Macross related toys, is that they seem to have stopped doing original Macross in Chogokin? 😕  Anyone know when we might be looking at another announcement?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s is that teased 1/35 (?) version away back, unknown when Bandai is going to do it @rocketblast
 

All teases and no show, just like HT on their 1/6 stuff and it’s gets stuffed under the rug. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, rocketblast said:

Dumb question but why does it seem like ever since Harmony Gold and Bigwest made an agreement and Bandai had that questionnaire about Macross related toys, is that they seem to have stopped doing original Macross in Chogokin? 😕  Anyone know when we might be looking at another announcement?

Bandai is still focused I believe on the returns of the last Delta Movie since they can reach out fans outside Japan. And on its business stand point, that's the best thing to do.

Whereas any stuff related to the original series, it's still limited only to Japan despite of the new arrangement between the rights owners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, sqidd said:

It sure does seem like it's been a long time since the last VF-1 release.

It's because they're going to announce Max's VF-1S for the next WWM release.  :D  At least that's what I like to tell myself.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MKT said:

Meanwhile, the standalone GBP armors have dropped below MSRP, totally opposite from the other P-Bandai add-on stuff for the VF's..

Bandai DX Chogokin Super Dimension Fortress Macross VF-1J Compatible Armored Parts Set | Mandarake Online Shop

 

I think this is mostly down to the economy. And secondarily the GBP not boing the huge draw that other releases are. Mostly the economy though. Every release since the Focker has not has as much demand/been available longer for less money than the ones that proceeded it.

The scalpers are taking it in the pants for the past couple years. They're sitting on a ton of inventory that simply just didn't sell like past releases did. I just picked a new MISB Focker with Super Parts out of JP for retail plus shipping. The seller had 10+ of them.

Hopefully this puts a dent in the scalping market long term.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, MKT said:

Meanwhile, the standalone GBP armors have dropped below MSRP, totally opposite from the other P-Bandai add-on stuff for the VF's..

Bandai DX Chogokin Super Dimension Fortress Macross VF-1J Compatible Armored Parts Set | Mandarake Online Shop

 

bandai be thinking....

hmmm..did we flood the market a bit with 2.5 (as in 2 stand-alone armor and also a bundle set) releases?

*checks if all sold out....yup*

naaaah...all good! 😄

*meantime* .... WHERE ARE the VF-31 SUPERS FOR 31A/Arad/chuck Bandai!... :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, sqidd said:

I think this is mostly down to the economy. And secondarily the GBP not boing the huge draw that other releases are. Mostly the economy though. Every release since the Focker has not has as much demand/been available longer for less money than the ones that proceeded it.

The scalpers are taking it in the pants for the past couple years. They're sitting on a ton of inventory that simply just didn't sell like past releases did. I just picked a new MISB Focker with Super Parts out of JP for retail plus shipping. The seller had 10+ of them.

Hopefully this puts a dent in the scalping market long term.

Agreed that economy is likely the main cause, but I also wonder if the same situation is seen on other toy lines outside Macross DX Chogokins. I do not collect Metal Builds, but from what I heard, MBs were also hugely targeted by scalpers and if these scalpers are now also getting burned these days..

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, magicsp00n said:

 I'm hoping Bandai will rerelease the VF-1J or the VF-1S 

Incredibly unlikely.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

 from what I heard, MBs were also hugely targeted by scalpers and if these scalpers are now also getting burned these days..

I hope so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, sqidd said:

I think this is mostly down to the economy. And secondarily the GBP not boing the huge draw that other releases are. Mostly the economy though. Every release since the Focker has not has as much demand/been available longer for less money than the ones that proceeded it.

The scalpers are taking it in the pants for the past couple years. They're sitting on a ton of inventory that simply just didn't sell like past releases did. I just picked a new MISB Focker with Super Parts out of JP for retail plus shipping. The seller had 10+ of them.

Hopefully this puts a dent in the scalping market long term.

Good.  Scalpers can go screw themselves.  Some of those guys are smoking crack with those asking prices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Special Sauce said:

Good.  Scalpers can go screw themselves.  Some of those guys are smoking crack with those asking prices.

With the economy going the way it is and Macros stuff more plentiful I think their crack budgets will diminish. They may need to switch over to huffing glue.:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is this worth the price? been wanting a Bandai VF-1 DX Chogokin movie edition for so long (hopefully will find movie super parts somewhere). I'm new here and new towards the buying market for Macross merchandise, so I'm looking for tips too. Thanks.

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-57289?s_ssid=e35865627a0ca13cb9

I'm here in Toronto Canada so I'm wondering if that makes it anymore difficult to buy. Was hoping for something below scalper prices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Metaphor322 said:

Is this worth the price? been wanting a Bandai VF-1 DX Chogokin movie edition for so long (hopefully will find movie super parts somewhere). I'm new here and new towards the buying market for Macross merchandise, so I'm looking for tips too. Thanks.

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-57289?s_ssid=e35865627a0ca13cb9

I'm here in Toronto Canada so I'm wondering if that makes it anymore difficult to buy. Was hoping for something below scalper prices.

Maybe? If it's worth it to you, then it's worth it to you.

Cheapest would be to find someone here to buy from.

Next would probably be from Mandarake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...