Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

2 hours ago, F360 said:

The good Macross products are for Japan so you just need to spend your time on learning and figuring out how to get it from Japan to USA.   Yes , you will need to plan and wake up in the middle of the night and "try" to place the preorder , just like everyone else here.    If you think your time is worth more, then you can pay the extra to preorder it from a store or someone that is willing to do it for a extra fee. .. Either spend the time or the money :p.

Or like many of us: spend the time, come up empty handed, then spend the money anyway lol

21 hours ago, cosmic said:

What are the odds of bandai reprinting their DX chogokin line for USA now that the war is over between the rights holders?

I am not willing to spend $600 for a kairos or 400 for a chronos that looks like someone dipped it in middle school tomato soup. Should I just give up on macross entirely at this point?

Like people already said, use mandarake. They have an alarm function so you get notified when toys you’re looking for gets available. It may take a while but it will come in eventually. Sadly the toy part of this hobby is kinda infected, atleast the part of buying at release. I get the impression  there are, besides some few lucky,  a couple of greedy persons who buys up larger quantities and then scalps fellow hobbyist of cash. But, keep in mind it’s still not a cheap hobby but mandarake has quite fair prices :) 

10 minutes ago, Jesper77 said:

Like people already said, use mandarake. They have an alarm function so you get notified when toys you’re looking for gets available. It may take a while but it will come in eventually. Sadly the toy part of this hobby is kinda infected, atleast the part of buying at release. I get the impression  there are, besides some few lucky,  a couple of greedy persons who buys up larger quantities and then scalps fellow hobbyist of cash. But, keep in mind it’s still not a cheap hobby but mandarake has quite fair prices :) 

I don't think there are many collectors actually scalping. Not in any sort of scale. I think they're professional scalpers. 

17 hours ago, cosmic said:

Considering bandai tends to spit on the dirty american market, the ability to find decent macross stuff that isnt low quality trash specifically designed for us is difficult at best. Add in the re-seller market being how it is in modern times, many specific types and franchises end up on scalpers markets or inflated far beyond what they deserve to be worth.  Macross being one of these markets. A kairos, even being a limited run item of a limited run franchise, should not be sold for 4x its already high base price. Even more so when 8/10 times, these items are used, and damaged.

I would pay 300 for a Kairos, and a little less for a chronos. IMO, only way to deserve insanely inflated price points are to be new in box in absolutely mint condition. Not for used with broken parts and damaged boxes, and scratched like someone cleaned it with iron wool.

It's the Bandai limited release business model that feeds scalping...I don't like the prices too but if you do some research and put a bit of time, you can find great prices

on used ones from Yahoo Auctions Japan.  Mandarake is an option but I use Yahoo Auctions more than them simply because the competition is stronger for Mandarake.

Buying used is a gamble but out of countless purchases I have made on Yahoo Auctions Japan, only 1 had real issue.  Aside from that one purchase, all my used are in good to great conditions and prices were fair unlike US Ebay lol.

To put this into better perspective, I just purchased my VF-1D for $285 BNIB in Tamashii brown box off Yahoo Auctions with free domestic shipping and international shipping will be about $30 for me so $315 total.  MSRP for it from Japan was around 25000 yen so give or take $40 in premium which isn't bad at all.  

Edited by BroTaku79
adding more content

2 hours ago, BroTaku79 said:

It's the Bandai limited release business model that feeds scalping...I don't like the prices too but if you do some research and put a bit of time, you can find great prices

on used ones from Yahoo Auctions Japan.  Mandarake is an option but I use Yahoo Auctions more than them simply because the competition is stronger for Mandarake.

Buying used is a gamble but out of countless purchases I have made on Yahoo Auctions Japan, only 1 had real issue.  Aside from that one purchase, all my used are in good to great conditions and prices were fair unlike US Ebay lol.

To put this into better perspective, I just purchased my VF-1D for $285 BNIB in Tamashii brown box off Yahoo Auctions with free domestic shipping and international shipping will be about $30 for me so $315 total.  MSRP for it from Japan was around 25000 yen so give or take $40 in premium which isn't bad at all.  

I looked, yes you do need someone like Buyee.

What does "unopened/unused/unconfirmed" mean for condition. I see it on some boxed items. If its used, but sealed, how do you know what you are buying is even in the box and you arnt getting a box full of cicadas instead of a toy?

Edited by cosmic

22 hours ago, cosmic said:

I looked, yes you do need someone like Buyee.

What does "unopened/unused/unconfirmed" mean for condition. I see it on some boxed items. If its used, but sealed, how do you know what you are buying is even in the box and you arnt getting a box full of cicadas instead of a toy?

that means its BNIB and since it was never opened, they use unconfirmed.

You should buy used ones only if it displays some pictures of an item you are interested in.

On 7/22/2021 at 4:05 PM, BroTaku79 said:

that means its BNIB and since it was never opened, they use unconfirmed.

You should buy used ones only if it displays some pictures of an item you are interested in.

Well i guess its moot at this point because the dodos on that website are bidding more for it than other sellers have to outright buy.

Do we know what's happening after 1J+ armor parts? I'm on the fence hoping for either a Max 1J or 1A mass prod.

1 hour ago, troyness said:

Do we know what's happening after 1J+ armor parts? I'm on the fence hoping for either a Max 1J or 1A mass prod.

VF-31AX hayate immelman custom. VF31 with sharp points on the wings, an extra draken gun, and a different decal on the back.

Bandai DX VF-31AX - Toys - Macross World Forums

Edited by cosmic

5 hours ago, borgified said:

Who knows?? Maybe Bandai will do a curve ball and make a DX Max 1s. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

VF-31AX hayate immelman custom. VF31 with sharp points on the wings, an extra draken gun, and a different decal on the back.

Bandai DX VF-31AX - Toys - Macross World Forums

With regards to VF-1

We've had a few TV releases ...so my guess would be DYRL VF... not my favourite valks. ...... Unless we get a 1A mass prod DYRL version!!! But a Max 1S could probably be it. Hopefully there'll be an announcement in the next 2mths.

Hikaru was voted #1 fave Macross Saga character in Japan right? So far there are 4 Hikaru SKUs. 4 out of the 7...

I'm betting it will be Hikaru again. DYRL VF-1A Hikaru. 😂

Wishful thinking: re-release of the TWE DYRL Super/Strike pack to go with it.

Then it will be TV VF-1S Hikaru with bundled Supers.

Hikaru will be 66% of the DX VF-1 range! 6 of 9 releases!!! 😆

51 minutes ago, drumondo said:

I know I'm late to the game, but I'm feeling keen on acquiring an Armoured VF-1J. Anyone got any leads on one at or near RRP?

Am i best served just waiting for release day?

Release day

@drumondo - Check the "For Sales" thread if when members here are willing to let go of extra backup pre-orders when the DX 1j + GBP Full Set pics starts to surface on the boards sometime in September. 

You can try on Manda, during release the release week, however it's going to cost you (might be up to 40k yen to get a copy) a house mortgage or your first born kid.  

Sorry if this has been stated or asked before, but is the VF-1J gonna be reissued as a stand alone alongside the 1J+ GBP  or is it just a 1J+GBP release?

Just want the Hikaru 1J valk, not interested in the GBP.

7 minutes ago, troyness said:

Sorry if this has been stated or asked before, but is the VF-1J gonna be reissued as a stand alone alongside the 1J+ GBP  or is it just a 1J+GBP release?

Just want the Hikaru 1J valk, not interested in the GBP.

It's just the Valk+ GBP.

38 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It's just the Valk+ GBP.

Thanks sqidd.

Looking forward to the next DX VF-1 announcement after the 1J+GBP.

5 hours ago, troyness said:

Thanks sqidd.

Looking forward to the next DX VF-1 announcement after the 1J+GBP.

Given the way they have done their other valks, I'm pretty sure this will be a box for the valk, nearly if not identical to the original release box, plus a second box for the GBP parts, same box for the bundle and stand alone I'm guessing, bundled together in a cardboard sleeve like the Roy and Hikaru releases that came with special stands.  So if you buy the bundle, it should be easy to sell the armor on here if you don't want it. 

29 minutes ago, levzloi said:

Given the way they have done their other valks, I'm pretty sure this will be a box for the valk, nearly if not identical to the original release box, plus a second box for the GBP parts, same box for the bundle and stand alone I'm guessing, bundled together in a cardboard sleeve like the Roy and Hikaru releases that came with special stands.  So if you buy the bundle, it should be easy to sell the armor on here if you don't want it. 

You are probably right, but I hope they do go the extra mile and actually create an exclusive box for this "Armored Valkyrie"....like they did for their VF-25S Armored Messiah....

s-l640.jpg

...or more recently, the VF-171 EX Maruyama......although that is more of a fast pack I suppose...

1435396729391.jpg

I really prefer the bundle packs.....too bad Bandai does not offer them as much anymore......;)

@dragontype - Send your extra copy of the DX DYRL 1s and DX SSP/Fast Pack to LEK over in Thailand plus pay him maybe $700 USD to get it done, however its a two year wait.

or

Get @Red Comet (is he still on the boards anymore as his post was in May?) to customize one for $500 USD including the DX DYRL 1s only.  

32 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

Wow. Customs are expensive. :o

To be preise: Only well crafted/ painted/ modded customs are.

Mere mortals like me can create a custom, and the value of the item would absolutely tank! lol! 

3 hours ago, borgified said:

@dragontype - Send your extra copy of the DX DYRL 1s and DX SSP/Fast Pack to LEK over in Thailand plus pay him maybe $700 USD to get it done, however its a two year wait.

or

Get @Red Comet (is he still on the boards anymore as his post was in May?) to customize one for $500 USD including the DX DYRL 1s only.  

Can confirm the custom weathered DX Roy (+SSP) I got from @Red Comet is quite nice. Not cel-shaded like the LEK customs, but still a nice weathering job plus extra decals.