Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

8 minutes ago, jenius said:

The GBP sporting Max looked pretty standard. You know the supers will be Tamashii exclusive extras right?

What's the deal with Tamashii Nations?  How are they associated with Bandai and why do they get all these exclusives?

6 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

What's the deal with Tamashii Nations?  How are they associated with Bandai and why do they get all these exclusives?

They're associated with Bandai because Bandai owns them. ;) 

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

@F360 i finally recieved my proxy vf-1 dx kaki from CD japan. it came in 5 days

i put in a request to switch EMS to  air mail unregistered. they charged me 1000yen extra and shipped it out the same day. 

yeah, I think I will do that too. thx for the reminder

2 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

I can wait for 4/28.  Should be good.  I just don't know how many I'll buy, probably 2 if I can.  I will feel very fortunate if I get 1.

Me as well.  I just want 1 so keeping my fingers crossed I can get it. 

Got an email from BIJ requesting additional payment for DHL shipping for the super parts.. so I take it they are just about ready to ship. 

Totally forgot I even ordered these and got momentarily excited as I though we were getting the VF-1D a couple months early! 

Alas it wasn't to be.. super parts are still cool though! 

13 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Got a shipping payment request for TV Supers from AE last night. 4791Y or $44.56 USD - There is NO other choice. Ouch. Hopefully things are cheaper by the time the VF-1D/Fan Racer have to ship. 

Unfortunately they will probably go up. The cost of goods and services is creeping up little by little world wide. That's what happens when you shut the world economy down.:(

Big in Japan is trying to charge me an additional 5000 yen to ship my TV super parts set, that brings the shipping price for just 1 of those sets to $74 and some change. That seems a bit unreasonable.  Is that normal?  It isn't even a big valkyrie, and I think I have paid $50 for fedex for valkyries before too.

15 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

Big in Japan is trying to charge me an additional 5000 yen to ship my TV super parts set, that brings the shipping price for just 1 of those sets to $74 and some change. That seems a bit unreasonable.  Is that normal?  It isn't even a big valkyrie, and I think I have paid $50 for fedex for valkyries before too.

Shipping costs have gone up during the pandemic, though $74 is a bit steep. I wonder if they're using the same size box as they do for valkyries, since they're the same width. I imagine Fedex is like DHL where the size of the package (preemptive "teehee" for @sqidd) drives the cost up more than the weight.

There's always the possibility they're simply gouging on shipping and pocketing the difference, like a certain retailer that shall not be named, though I think that's unlikely.

14 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Shipping costs have gone up during the pandemic, though $74 is a bit steep. I wonder if they're using the same size box as they do for valkyries, since they're the same width. I imagine Fedex is like DHL where the size of the package (preemptive "teehee" for @sqidd) drives the cost up more than the weight.

There's always the possibility they're simply gouging on shipping and pocketing the difference, like a certain retailer that shall not be named, though I think that's unlikely.

Yeah I dunno, I'm contacting them to see if it is a mistake.  But yeah they did say DHL... I have had stuff come overseas DHL recently and the price wasn't really a lot.

55 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

Yeah I dunno, I'm contacting them to see if it is a mistake.  But yeah they did say DHL... I have had stuff come overseas DHL recently and the price wasn't really a lot.

Ask them to ship it in the brown shipper box it was delivered in instead of putting it in another box.

10 hours ago, sqidd said:

Unfortunately they will probably go up. The cost of goods and services is creeping up little by little world wide. That's what happens when you shut the world economy down.:(

That, and you make the money printers go brrrrrrrrt!!!!!.....  Sadly, I don't think we've yet seen the extent of the price hikes coming our way.  Many of the hobbies that help keep our collective sanity on the positive side of the ledger are about to get a whole lot more expensive.

On 4/21/2021 at 10:05 AM, jvmacross said:

Not sure if Takatoku had plans for actual 1/55 Super Max & Millia VF-1J's.....but you can see some mock-ups in this old school Takatoku commercial for the 1/55 Super VF-1S.....

Love the old school commercial. If only we could get a DX with fast packs at that price today.:D As for Max and Milia, it is only a matter of when. Knowing Bandai though, they will make them TWE.

On 4/21/2021 at 8:21 PM, F360 said:

yeah, I think I will do that too. thx for the reminder

i'm a bit ticked off. CDjapan took kaki out of brown p-bandai box and shipped it to me. i proxied it directly from p-bandai's site. i'll never use CDjapn for proxy again. 

at least i got it for free bc they gave me 350usd in points for the leg error on the sv-51 and let me keep the valk.  so i got kaki essentially for free.  

but now i have to order another one

Edited by davidwhangchoi

6 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i'm a bit ticked off. CDjapan took kaki out of brown p-bandai box and shipped it to me. i proxied it directly from p-bandai's site. i'll never use CDjapn for proxy again. 

at least i got it for free bc they gave me 350usd in points for the leg error on the sv-51 and let me keep the valk.  so i got kaki essentially for free.  

Oh no!

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Wow, all they did for me on the SV-51 leg error was tell me to pound sand. Haven’t used them since.

10 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Wow, all they did for me on the SV-51 leg error was tell me to pound sand. Haven’t used them since.

initially they told me to kick rocks but i told them i want to do a return, they offered a partial refund, then offered half refund and eventually it became the full refund in points. 

Got a request for additional shipping payment of 2500 yen for my TV super parts from MyKombini. The international shipping situation is really starting to hurt the pocketbook. Now I just need to find a way to get NY to at least give me store credit for my first batch TV super parts that they never fulfilled. Not going to be easy since they simply don't reply to tickets or emails.