Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That's how they roll, super-low pre-order price on the night of, and low quantities. Then every time more are available, they jack up the price.

Yep! It's not a bad business plan and explains how they can charge so much lower than everyone else initially.

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That's how they roll, super-low pre-order price on the night of, and low quantities. Then every time more are available, they jack up the price.

Good thing I was fortunate enough to get one during PO madness. Makes me feel bad for those who missed out.

12 minutes ago, jenius said:

I suspect there will be several available at launch. If I was riding the fence right now I'd risk it and hope to grab one on the 29th.

Agreed. There is always a surprise stash that appears at or around the release date.  Good luck to those who haven’t secured one yet.

21 minutes ago, Foblander said:

I'll wait for that Roy Focker as my one and only if it comes out.

I'm also in the same boat as I have the 1/48 Yammie Strike Hikaru, Low Vis 1A and will display the DX version alongside with it. Hands, missiles and the Super/Strike set will be picked up also.

Is there a possibility that the additional hands (TV movie version) will be bundled up with the Strike/Super armours if it gets made (I haven't been flowing this thread on a regular bases)?  

1 hour ago, Foblander said:

I'll wait for that Roy Focker as my one and only if it comes out.

Only a battle damaged DYRL VF-1S Max version for me. Let's see if they make that. Or I'll have to go the custom route that you guys told me about years ago.

Edited by JetJockey

This is one line I’m happy to collect hero units for. 

My list:

- VF-1J Hikaru in all 3 modes

- VF-1S Fokker TV in battroid mode

- VF-1S Hikaru TV in fighter mode with Super packs

- VF-1D Trainer in gerwalk mode

maybe:

VF-1A Max in battroid mode

I probably wouldn’t get the GBP unless it’s released as a bundle with the 1J.

I just wish Bandai would release new products for December in early December, so we could get them in time to have them under the Christmas tree to open for Christmas.

But yeah, understand Christmas is not that big a thing in Japan.

But still I like to have a Valk to open on Christmas morning, it's kinda one of my Christmas traditions. That's why the VF-2SS Nexx HMR has not been opened yet and is gonna be wrapped and put under the tree.

Fascinating cultural differences!  

1 hour ago, Graham said:

it's kinda one of my Christmas traditions. That's why the VF-2SS Nexx HMR has not been opened yet and is gonna be wrapped and put under the tree.

In North America, we traditionally give presents to others on Christmas.  The presents are wrapped so that the contents are a surprise to the receiver.

Didn't realize things were different in Hong Kong.  :p

4 hours ago, borgified said:

the additional hands (TV movie version) will be bundled up with the Strike/Super armours

There was a Macross TV movie?  :huh:

From amazon jp,

Dear Customer: We are pleased to report that the item(s) in your order indicated above will be sent sooner than expected. When your order is shipped you will receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of shipment.

16 minutes ago, F360 said:

From amazon jp,

Dear Customer: We are pleased to report that the item(s) in your order indicated above will be sent sooner than expected. When your order is shipped you will receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of shipment.

I got a similar message, it says arrival estimated 1st-4th.

Spoiler

English follows Japanese(日本語に続き、英語でのご案内があります)

Amazon.co.jpをご利用いただき、ありがとうございます。

ご注文いただいた商品が、予定より早くお届けできることになりましたのでお知らせいたします。
(注文日:2018-07-27) (注文番号:###############)

ご注文いただいた商品と新しいお届け予定日は以下のとおりです。
  "DX超合金 超時空要塞マクロス VF-1J バルキリー(一条輝機)(初回限定版) 約300mm(ファイター時) ABS&ダイキャスト&PVC製 塗装済み可動フィギュア"
    お届け予定日: 2019-01-01 - 2019-01-04

最新のお届け予定日は、アカウントサービス( http://www.amazon.co.jp/your-account )でご確認いただけます。

このEメールアドレスは配信専用です。ご不明な点は、下記のURLからカスタマーサービスまでお問い合わせください。

Translated:

Spoiler

English follows Japanese (Following the Japanese, where you will find a guide in English) 

Amazon.co.jp We available, Thank you. 

Items in your order is, we are excited to announce will be able to deliver ahead of schedule. 
(Order date: 2018-07-27) (order number: ###############) 

Products with the new delivery date in your order is as follows. 
"DX super alloy Macross VF-1J Valkyrie (Hikaru Hikaru) (First Press Limited Edition) about 300mm (when the fighter) ABS & die cast & PVC painted action figure" 
Delivery date: 2019-01-01 - 2019-01-04 

The latest delivery date, the account service ( http://www.amazon.co.jp/your-account You can check in). 

Dear Customer:. We are pleased to report that the item (s) in your order indicated above will be sent sooner than expected When your order is shipped you will receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of shipment. 

The E-mail address is delivered only. If you have any questions, please contact us from the following URL to customer service. 

2 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Amazon.jp is really nice. Shame they only ship selected Macross items overseas; I really wanted to PO a VF-4 from them but they won’t let me : /

I think it may be a matter of who the item is sold by. I've noticed that things sold or fulfilled by AMZ have the global shipping option. The global priority shipping is really fast once it ships. I'm a bit peeved right now since I ordered a VF-31F yesterday afternoon PST and it still hasn't shipped. Won't let me cancel either since it is preparing for shipping. I suspect that it is now going to prepare until Monday.

Even some items sold by amazon can’t be shipped overseas. I’ve added them to my cart but on the confirmation screen it says they won’t ship to the U.S. 

Seems a little random. I got the cat girl vf-31a and dx vf-1 from amazon but they wouldn’t let me PO the HMR VF-4. 

I’m 99.9% it was sold and shipped from amazon because it was during PO madness and they had plenty. 

On 11/28/2018 at 2:35 AM, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, that's my concern as well, and one they could completely alleviate by just including the darn things from the start.  If they do a single super/strike/missile/whatever release, and then they unleash the VF-1 flood gates, and the add-on packs are never seen or heard from again?  Not a happy thought, and it's the exact same situation they have with the HMR super packs and VF-25 armors, so it's not like they haven't set a precedent of screwing their customers that way.

Fortunately, there are enough weapons in one set to outfit a few valks, so I'll probably order doubles or triples, and just pray Bandai doesn't 31A the whole market, and drive the prices into the stratosphere.  At that point, I'll just use the Hasegawa weapons sets.. they're only about $15-$20.

I'll be honest, I don't like the big missile boxes anyway. :p  I just want what was seen on screen in the series, which is pretty much what every HMR release has provided thus far.

I know it's not Bandai's status quo to include any missiles.  Doesn't mean I don't think they should change that policy, and start throwing people a bone.  They've been adding hardpoints to everything since the 171.. the least they could do is consistently offer something to use them for.

Also.. I'm only comparing the 1/60 to the 1/48 in terms of included content, because comparing to the original Yamato doesn't account for the overall price increases across the market.  If we ignore inflation, the stand-alone DX VF-1 is more expensive than a super/strike bundle of the Yamato 1/48 as well. :p 

What Bandai should do is release the VF-1 missiles keyed specifically for one VF-1 so that they don't fit on all of them. This way everyone will stock up on the first version of the missile set without being able to use them. :P

45 minutes ago, Scyla said:

What Bandai should do is release the VF-1 missiles keyed specifically for one VF-1 so that they don't fit on all of them. This way everyone will stock up on the first version of the missile set without being able to use them. :P

Mean. Hahaha! :lol:

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

Shhh! Don't give Bandai any ideas. :angry:

Here's another example of the aileron getting accidentally knocked out, apparently during casual use.

image.png.d2e2ae6a72bd84a1c84e00a85c4eeac4.pngimage.png.656b540174f106d88f29ae15b9c5dd80.png

I realize this is obviously a test shot and they will hopefully improve tolerances for the final product, but given that this has happened twice in promotional shots, it doesn't bode well for how things will turn out for the rest of us.

And speaking of fragile, obnoxious gimmicks left over from the Yamato 1/48, it looks like the nose cone will still open. Although at least it won't be detachable:

image.png.bcfef1be32337edc101e1ff36bd09fb8.png

I was just checking up on my preorder on the VF-1J at HLJ and I noticed something on the summary page.  It says that the Currency Used is YEN.  I'm not using PayPal but instead my credit card.  Is it cheaper, or a good idea, to leave it as YEN or USD?   

HLJ.jpg

Edited by Muzaffar

14 minutes ago, Muzaffar said:

I was just checking up on my preorder on the VF-1J at HLJ and I noticed something on the summary page.  It says that the Currency Used is YEN.  I'm not using PayPal but instead my credit card.  Is it cheaper, or a good idea, to leave it as YEN or USD?   

HLJ.jpg

Depends if your CC charges currency conversion fees for making a payment in yen. 

Personally I always pay in the store’s native currency and let my CC do the currency conversion, as my CC doesn’t have any currency conversion or international transaction fees. 

4 hours ago, Muzaffar said:

HLJ.jpg

Even if your cc has foreign transaction fees, it’s usually about 3%, which still should work out to be less than PayPal or the shop’s conversion rate so I would always pay by cc. Plus, you get the added protection from your cc company to guarantee your purchases. But it’s still wise to look into a no foreign transaction fee cc if you buy a lot of imports. It will save you a ton. 

Edited by Slave IV