Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

For something that size, I'd probably scrape off the lower smudge with an exacto and call it a day.  The main marking doesn't look that badly fudged that it wouldn't pass as normal wear and tear, at least to my eye.

I think trying to remove the flaw with alcohol/thinner/some other liquid would be too hard to do without goofing up the rest of the paint in the vicinity.

As @Chronocidal mentioned, be careful with using thinner please because it will smudge and you will have to use even more thinner to get rid of that expanding smudge. The problem with that is thinner will ruin the factory semi-gloss finish, and the blemish left by thinner is quite unsightly. I've just done it on my Roy this weekend and the fix was to apply flat or semi-gloss coat over the area where thinner was used. 

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

If I have a daughter, I like the name "Valkyrie".

My grandparents on my dad's paternal side also want our children to have Korean given names. My grandparents on my mom's maternal side want our children to have Japanese given names too.

I swear, I think our kids will each end up having like 6 names when all is said and done.

Cool! I would love to hear some good Korean-Japanese combo names. ;)

By the way, I was told that if you're going to name your child, make sure you shout his full name first, like he was being scolded at or something, and see if it sounds right. :) I'm thinking of one of my favorite movie character before but when I added my surname and started shouting it... I was like 'No way his future teachers are going to shout his name like that.' :lol: 

1 hour ago, Alan Molina said:

never mind just seen he is 

thats awesome. love his videos

Oh, he's been here for years now. Just lurking actually. :ph34r:

Hahaha! :lol: Kidding aside, @jenius is one of the best here. :hail:

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Oh, he's been here for years now. Just lurking actually. :ph34r:

Hahaha! :lol: Kidding aside, @jenius is one of the best here. :hail:

I watched many of his videos and then he involved his GF/Wife not sur eand i was like ... wait a second is this the right you tube channel??? whats this

then he jumped in and told her that was his rodeo!! laughed so hard

In terms of paint scheme for the 1/48 DX Chogokin: TV version of the VF-1S Roy versus the Movie version of the VF-!S Roy - is there an official paint scheme listed somewhere that Bandai follows? In other words, is there some official reference image/design material that Bandai follows for choosing the paint scheme of the 1/48 DX Chogokin: TV version VF-!S Roy versus the Movie version of VF-1S Roy?

Edited by MWUser

39 minutes ago, Alan Molina said:

I watched many of his videos and then he involved his GF/Wife not sur eand i was like ... wait a second is this the right you tube channel??? whats this

I loved that episode, I think it was for the first DX? haha. Wish he involves her more lol

45 minutes ago, MWUser said:

In terms of paint scheme for the 1/48 DX Chogokin: TV version of the VF-1S Roy versus the Movie version of the VF-!S Roy - is there an official paint scheme listed somewhere that Bandai follows? In other words, is there some official reference image/design material that Bandai follows for choosing the paint scheme of the 1/48 DX Chogokin: TV version VF-!S Roy versus the Movie version of VF-1S Roy?

Bandai......official........Awwwww, that's adorable. :p

Bandai can barely get the base color of Valks right (and doesn't sometimes). When it comes to details who knows how they make decisions down there. Dart board? Lottery? Pin the tail on the donkey? What's the least expensive that week?

That said, the Macross animation isn't exactly the most consistent thing in the world. There is debate over what cannon really is most of the time.

1 hour ago, MWUser said:

Well... yes and no?  The design reference sheets (settei) that Kawamori and co. produced for the animators working on the series did include color guides that identified what inks and paints were to be used and where on a given character or mecha.  You can see several of them in the This is Animation books for the original Macross series.  Whether Bandai and other manufacturers use them as color reference or just eyeball it from published art and/or the animation itself is something only they know.  

51 minutes ago, sqidd said:

That said, the Macross animation isn't exactly the most consistent thing in the world. There is debate over what cannon really is most of the time.

Hand-drawn animation and all that... y'know?  

Most questions have answers, though Kawamori is notorious for his "broad strokes" approach to continuity and his official position that all Macross projects are stand-alone works.  Big West doesn't seem to completely agree, but they let it stand.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

1 hour ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

The Roy VF-1S release feels incomplete until @Saburo posts his magnificent pics!

:) Thank you @HayateAltoHunter!

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

3f2.thumb.jpeg.27d5a6f9fd2a729324681f8328917ab8.jpeg

:) Thank you @sqidd!

56 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Let's wait and see. I just bugged him to post some new stuff. :rolleyes:

Hey @no3Ljm :good:

50720726563_f527292f52_h.jpg

Edited by Saburo

11 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Love the shot as always @Saburo! :wub:  :good: 

Someone is hiding. :ph34r:

saburo_DX_VF-1_no3ljm.thumb.jpg.f763e610857933fc9e84590df6b12a83.jpg

Sneaky...

8 hours ago, Alan Molina said:

Glad you're finding the videos entertaining and informative! I think my wife would be happy to know her involvement doesn't just irritate folks but Youtube has gotten more strict when it comes to joking about adult content so I don't know how much I can get her involved going forward. I do have some ideas though...

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

large.3CC16DB8-4A5C-4308-A397-3CEA63E411C5.jpeg.45ae7a11d500b94a6353493407cedf8a.jpeg

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Remember to have your Valkyrie spayed or neutered.

Yeah, that gunpod makes it seem.....uncircumcised.  Ugh....

41665-teabag_pillow.thumb.jpeg.ff0d6f253665e9dc968de31b3733d85e.jpeg

Edit: By the way, in no way am I bagging (haha) on sh9000's pic. It's just, I never matured so it's also hilarious.  And the "Ugh" is because I put an image in my head of these valks that I'm not sure will ever go away.  Just thought I'd throw that out there in case the picture's poster thinks I was disrespecting him/her.  I'm just a child, is all.  

Edited by mantisfists

47 minutes ago, jenius said:

Remember to have your Valkyrie spayed or neutered.

29 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Yeah, that gunpod makes it seem.....uncircumcised.  Ugh....

41665-teabag_pillow.thumb.jpeg.ff0d6f253665e9dc968de31b3733d85e.jpeg

Guys you should really be thinking about other things.  Pretty sure that’s how the gunpod looks in that kind of positioning.

32F21F64-2DFC-44DB-9456-33898D6E04EA.thumb.jpeg.f5669d9555a317a46b71eddd14a331a2.jpeg

To have this post:

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Guys you should really be thinking about other things.  Pretty sure that’s how the gunpod looks in that kind of positioning.

32F21F64-2DFC-44DB-9456-33898D6E04EA.thumb.jpeg.f5669d9555a317a46b71eddd14a331a2.jpeg

Then have this post:

1 hour ago, NeoVanguard said:

I finally got a reply from nin-nin-game, saying the TV VF-1S package is too big

And now I'm here with @mantisfists sitting in the gutter.