Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


IXTL

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Draykov said:

No telling, but I'd steer clear of Nippon-Yasan.  Not sure what your experience with them may have been in the past, but they've been dropping the ball big time for the majority of this year.   More on that here: 

Hi Draykov, i purchased the vf-0D premium finish Last Year and took several Months but with the ups shipping method, and when they put it a available just took 1 Week to arrive!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rick dieck said:

Hi Guys!!!, do you know if the de vf1-d dx will be at preorder on NY or HLJ this december? I m a Yamato 1:48 plane mide fan but i cant pass this one!!!

If it's general release more than likely the usual places will have them.  If you try the NY route YMMV. POs for Bandai DX items vs Arcadia Premium items are completely different experiences for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do what you feel is right, Rick...my advice is to find somewhere else.  I had 3 separate orders of DYRL SSPs.  Two were canceled on their end and I was compensated with store credit (I went to my credit card to dispute the charges).  The one order of SSPs they were willing to send has been sitting in a "Preparation in Progress" status since 09/11/2020 (shipping JP Ferry)…release date was 04/30/2020.  

Edited by Draykov
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rick dieck said:

Hi Guys!!!, do you know if the de vf1-d dx will be at preorder on NY or HLJ this december? I m a Yamato 1:48 plane mide fan but i cant pass this one!!!

Since the DX VF-1D will be a Tamashii Webshop Exclusive, most regular online shops like HLJ, Amiami, etc. will not carry it. Yes, NY will carry it but we really do advice everyone not to use them anymore.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Draykov said:

Do what you feel is right, Rick...my advice is to find somewhere else.  I had 3 separate orders of DYRL SSPs.  Two were canceled on their end and I was compensated with store credit (I went to my credit card to dispute the charges).  The one order of SSPs they were willing to send has been sitting in a "Preparation in Progress" status since 09/11/2020 (shipping JP Ferry)…release date was 04/30/2020.  

Omg Draykov, i did nt know different releases have different difficulties because i just have the vf1-D experience, but if hlj release it i whould choose it better!!!

 

1 hour ago, Draykov said:

Do what you feel is right, Rick...my advice is to find somewhere else.  I had 3 separate orders of DYRL SSPs.  Two were canceled on their end and I was compensated with store credit (I went to my credit card to dispute the charges).  The one order of SSPs they were willing to send has been sitting in a "Preparation in Progress" status since 09/11/2020 (shipping JP Ferry)…release date was 04/30/2020.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, rick dieck said:

Hi Guys!!!, do you know if the de vf1-d dx will be at preorder on NY or HLJ this december? I m a Yamato 1:48 plane mide fan but i cant pass this one!!!

As @no3Ljm mentioned, it will be a Tamashii Web Exclusive (TWE), so big stores like HLJ and AmiAmi won't carry it. You have five options, if you live outside of Japan:

  1. Use a proxy service like FromJapan, DeJapan, Big In Japan, or ZenMarket. It's the most affordable option, but also the most complicated.
  2. Buy from smaller stores who will likely carry it, like Anime Export, MyKombini, Hobby Genki, or Nippon-Yasan. Be prepared for a markup. You are paying for convenience. In the case of Nippon-Yasan, given the current bad experiences of many board members, you might be paying for nothing except a giant headache.
  3. Buy a pre-order on the secondary market (Yahoo Japan/eBay/Amazon Japan) from someone who bought it in Japan. They will send the toy to you after release. This is the riskiest of the options because the toy isn't in hand and you don't necessarily know who you're dealing with.
  4. Buy one on the secondary market (YJ/eBay/AJ) after release. Your options increase once the toys are out there, so you can also check reputable stores like Mandarake and Jungle, whose prices are usually pretty reasonable, i.e., fair market value. Note that with rare exception, prices for TWE items go up by a lot after release, so this is often the most expensive option. Just look at the Hayao 1A, Super Strike Parts, and Missile Set.
  5. Find or make a friend in Japan and have them buy it for you
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chalk it up to Christmas Miracles?  I have an HMR Elintseeker that I ordered in FEB 2020 that just shipped from NY.  Of course, I still have 3 other orders with no movement, also ordered in FEB-MAR of this year.   Apologies for shifting this discussion to NY again though...the subject at hand is DX VF-1s.

Edited by Draykov
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Yes, that's true. On an undisclosed number of occasions, I've gone through the motions of purchasing an item at the SAHRA branch so I can get a sense for what shipping might be at other branches.

That wording is hilarious. :) 
SIdenote, I've done the something similar with eBay sellers: buy one item stand alone to see what their shipping/packing is like; before I decide to buy other items from them.

Edited by MWUser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

The post office finally managed to deliver my custom VF-1S Max from @Red Comet Apparently the postal service has a three week backlog on packages near where I live. I am just happy that this wasn't lost or destroyed! My photography doesn't do it justice.

IMG_20201211_105222800.jpg

IMG_20201211_105432506.jpg

That looks great! Glad to hear you got it in the end! In Canada the mail is so backed up Canada Post stopped accepting packages from retailers for 2 days just so they could clear some of the backlog. They've run out of space to store the parcels in the sorting facility yards!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

My roy has been sent by ups from nippon yasan.

Did you pay msrp or did you pay NY at their marked up price of 35k-ish jpn yen?

Edit:
It seems that all Roy orders NY is shipping out are the marked up prices. NY is probably going to wait for the paypal protection plan to expire on the msrp orders so they can force them into store credit.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Did you pay msrp or did you pay NY at their marked up price of 35k-ish jpn yen?

Edit:
It seems that all Roy orders NY is shipping out are the marked up prices. NY is probably going to wait for the paypal protection plan to expire on the msrp orders so they can force them into store credit.

 

1 hour ago, crackpot said:

Somebody from another forum has his MSRP Roy in preparation with NY. We should ask our resident NY honorary VP and best friend to the CEO @Slave IV to give a report. 

Haha yeah. The claims about NY in this case are completely untrue. My lower than MSRP order from them has shipped and I know of at least a few others. Yes, they seem to have delays on some items but again, they are still delivering sooner or later. Even the SSP situation, they are not flat out saying they are not going to deliver. I don't care what people want to do and absolutely understand why many do not want to and will not shop there. All good! I do think it's silly that people come up with their own imaginary stories and explanations and then spread that around and take it as fact. I also don't understand why people are so quick to demand refunds and chargebacks when they have a lowest price locked in without waiting a bit to see what happens. Either way, makes no difference to me other than possibly expediting my orders because of other people cancelling theirs. Sucks there are any issues at all but end of day to me, these are toys and not worth ANY headache so I don't let any of it bother me. I get my toys or I don't and save more money...win, win!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

 

Haha yeah. The claims about NY in this case are completely untrue. My lower than MSRP order from them has shipped and I know of at least a few others. Yes, they seem to have delays on some items but again, they are still delivering sooner or later. Even the SSP situation, they are not flat out saying they are not going to deliver. I don't care what people want to do and absolutely understand why many do not want to and will not shop there. All good! I do think it's silly that people come up with their own imaginary stories and explanations and then spread that around and take it as fact. I also don't understand why people are so quick to demand refunds and chargebacks when they have a lowest price locked in without waiting a bit to see what happens. Either way, makes no difference to me other than possibly expediting my orders because of other people cancelling theirs. Sucks there are any issues at all but end of day to me, these are toys and not worth ANY headache so I don't let any of it bother me. I get my toys or I don't and save more money...win, win!

Going to keep it short. You're right... not completely true, yet still holds very true. I too have an order at MSRP and NY still continues to play that game with fulfilling orders that came later at higher than msrp to fufill. I've been a customer with NY for about 8 or 9 years now and they still pull the same crap... not even responding to tickets and beating around the bush with their online chat. They should just cut the online support off and go 100% with supporting/answering their tickets instead... seems like NY can't do anything right except for those that want to put them on a pedestal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

The note I got from them says that they don't currently have the stock because they were shorted by their supplier. They say I can either cancel now or just wait to see what happens. Of course, I'm opting to wait.

@Slave IV you know I love you. But I think you're playing the semantics game.

NY needs to fill those orders right now. Or refund the money right now. This store credit or wait bull is just that. Bull.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

@Slave IV you know I love you. But I think you're playing the semantics game.

NY needs to fill those orders right now. Or refund the money right now. This store credit or wait bull is just that. Bull.

Yeah, like I said, I get it and totally agree with you for those who don't care to wait. I don't care if they deliver mine or not because I already have a few in hand and only ordered one extra from them as a backup. So just to get the technical facts straight...They did not say they will not deliver them, they just said they can't deliver them now and it is likely they won't be able to deliver but those who want to wait and see, can. If I didn't want to wait, I would be ok with store credit even though I also prefer refunds. Since I am still ok with doing business with them, I probably wouldn't fight for a refund in this case. If I was done with dealing with them, I would 100% get my money back one way or another. Even if it meant going the knee breaking route you suggested.:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got a response from NNG for my second ticket for an update on my preordered Roy x2 in the early round.   At this point they say they dont know when my order will be fulfilled.  They are hoping they get some stock delivered next week or latest the beginning of next.  Seems to me they are buying time, but at this point I dont have any choice but to wait.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paypal dispute length goes until the 30th for me so I dont mind giving them a bit of time to deliver. If they don't make it by then I'll have to file and look elsewhere People have continued to get shipping notifications out of them so no reason to believe they wont deliver yet 

Edited by yami4ct
Link to comment
Share on other sites

:yahoo:I got my Roy today from what seemed to be a reputable ebay seller.  They strained my patience waiting until Monday to give me a tracking number and then Wednesday to actually ship it, but Fedex got it here in RECORD time, even if NOT considering the current situation.  2 days international?! :shok:  My box - but not the packaging, - had a dented corner, so I was a little worried at first, but found no damage inside, so I'm ecstatic!

IMG_20201211_160716669.thumb.jpg.3ae527da2d11f286e8de39568fe6cdbd.jpg

You might notice the exacto knife and some plastic chips on the tray.  I didn't like that the flight stand adapter only fits into the holder one way, and I wanted the extreme angle seen above, so I took my knife to it.  It's a pretty easy mod that lets you pose it at a very sharp angle (perfect for my limited space).  What exactly is the point of this adapter if it limits you more than the stand and bracket alone?  I guess it allows for more fine adjustment of angle, but this way you get even more positions!  It's quite stable at this extreme angle too.

IMG_20201211_160050826.thumb.jpg.945ffbabe5859e92cd934f5068f182a2.jpgIMG_20201211_160130047_BURST000_COVER_TOP.thumb.jpg.bf5efaa98383e5297d9c197ca8241470.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Pontus said:

:yahoo:I got my Roy today from what seemed to be a reputable ebay seller.  They strained my patience waiting until Monday to give me a tracking number and then Wednesday to actually ship it, but Fedex got it here in RECORD time, even if NOT considering the current situation.  2 days international?! :shok:  My box - but not the packaging, - had a dented corner, so I was a little worried at first, but found no damage inside, so I'm ecstatic!

IMG_20201211_160716669.thumb.jpg.3ae527da2d11f286e8de39568fe6cdbd.jpg

You might notice the exacto knife and some plastic chips on the tray.  I didn't like that the flight stand adapter only fits into the holder one way, and I wanted the extreme angle seen above, so I took my knife to it.  It's a pretty easy mod that lets you pose it at a very sharp angle (perfect for my limited space).  What exactly is the point of this adapter if it limits you more than the stand and bracket alone?  I guess it allows for more fine adjustment of angle, but this way you get even more positions!  It's quite stable at this extreme angle too.

IMG_20201211_160050826.thumb.jpg.945ffbabe5859e92cd934f5068f182a2.jpgIMG_20201211_160130047_BURST000_COVER_TOP.thumb.jpg.bf5efaa98383e5297d9c197ca8241470.jpg

 

Are you sure you didn’t make the same mistake I did? You don’t need the middle piece for the 30 degree angle. The middle piece is only for the shallow angle. I can’t really tell by your pic but I’m pretty sure you can pull off a similar angle without mods. 

Edited by Paco Grande
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

Are you sure you didn’t make the same mistake I did? You don’t need the middle piece for the 30 degree angle. The middle piece is only for the shallow angle. 

Yeah, honestly, I didn't figure that out at first thinking, "Who tf designed this stupid thing?  You can't even mount it flat?  And there's 3 notches in the bracket, but you can't use them with this silly adapter? Oh... :crazy: yeah."  Anyway, that led me to this idea and now I have 2 extra positions that you can't get without this mod.

Edited by Pontus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the shallower angle is more for the super parts when they come, I tried putting the super parts with the 30 deg bank on my 1J and it will tip over easily without adding counter weights to the base

That said, I notice the skull on the heat shield of Roy’s 1S seems off center, are all copies llike that, as I don’t seem to have that issue with my Hikkie 1S

Also, do you think its possible to 3D print the extra adaptor piece to get the 15 deg bank angles, as I did not get a Roy, since I could not get it at MSRP, and most likely will never. but still would like the shallower bank angle, will a 3DP piece be able to work?

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Guyffon said:

That said, I notice the skull on the heat shield of Roy’s 1S seems off center, are all copies llike that, as I don’t seem to have that issue with my Hikkie 1S

In case you missed the discussion from Page 651, I'm quoting everything here.

On 12/9/2020 at 12:02 AM, Actar said:

Does anyone feel like the Skull Squadron emblem on the heatshield is slightly off center? Is it supposed to be like this?

20201209_155856.thumb.jpg.cccce3a6214469ac74a1469dc9e25ead.jpg

On 12/9/2020 at 12:27 AM, Chronocidal said:

So, something to keep in mind about that skull, it's not symmetrical, and the skull isn't actually centered in the design.  

What I suspect has been happening for a long time is that the logo is being centered by its longest and widest dimensions, which are not actually centered, or level.

1506166441_ss(2020-12-09at12_22.58).thumb.jpg.1fe3fb8c0dee8d45512418786ef01b17.jpg'

The bottom edge of the logo is not level at all, and trying to level it based on that will give you the infamous tilted skull we've had for years.  The bones are also not centered on the skull, so printing the logo based on centering it from the widest point will give you just about the same amount of off-centered-ness you see on your Roy.

On 12/9/2020 at 12:36 AM, jenius said:

That said, you want the eyes to be level with each other and in the middle of the chest with the crossbones being off to the side a bit. Not the X being centered with the skull being off a bit.

On 12/9/2020 at 12:42 AM, Chronocidal said:

You want that, yes, but if someone who doesn't care enough to look at it is punching "CENTER" into the computer, that's not going to put the skull where it needs to be.  We can fix it ourselves, but I don't really expect Bandai to manually center it where it should be.

On 12/9/2020 at 4:56 AM, Anasazi37 said:

The skull is definitely asymmetrical in its design. Not by a lot, but by enough to cause alignment problems if you're not careful, as others have said. I ran into this when I re-drafted the skull for my DX decal sheet (will hopefully have time this afternoon to reply to all of the PMs I've received about it).

Something you can't "unsee" on the Roy DX, once you know it's there, is the brighter yellow vertical stripe just behind the air brake flap on the chestplate. At first I thought it was a small defect with my Roy, but I checked my Hikaru 1S and the exact stripe is on it, too, but it's more subtle. I'm betting it's on my Hayao as well, but haven't checked it yet. My best guess is that it's an artifact of how Bandai paints the stripes. Something about the yellow paint, or the color yellow in general, might make it more noticeable on Roy than on the other ones. Click on the picture below to embiggen it and reveal the stripe in all its yellow glory.

image.thumb.png.45b228943e67425ec559d78efd389fd8.png

On 12/9/2020 at 5:41 PM, Lolicon said:

If you don't want to see how off center it is, I suggest not looking at it from this angle. :unknw:

20201209_193843.thumb.jpg.c65df69724da4c0ee63fb7eb31d4df38.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...