Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Yeah, who knows if that guy ordered all of those on pre-order night. 

Maybe he paid the mark-up like I did on release date and he needs 16 of these things.

All I know was a bunch of us were here, up all night trying to snag one for MSRP on pre-order night, some scored one or more, but many like me got jack $hit.

25 minutes ago, peter said:

How does one guy get so many, when I stay up in the middle of the night and can't even get one?  

Not going to lie, I'm a little peeved about seeing this sort of thing.

be ready on all site.  preorder what you can on preorder night.

subscribed to macross threads from forums

have page monitor app that will run in the back ground when you  computer is on.

be ready to be able to order anytime anywhere. lol

check near release date all the above if all else fails.

If you are in Japan you should be able to walk to physical stores to place preorder too,. 

Anyway, trying to think about the VF-1D TWE preorder in a few weeks' time.  Are these the only companies who will deliver to the US and offer TWE pre-orders?

Okini Land

Nin-nin Game

Amazon Japan (?)

(not including Nippon-Yasan of course)

are there any others?  AFAIK the other usual suspects like CDJ, Amiami, HLJ do not offer TWE preorders.

10 minutes ago, F360 said:

have page monitor app that will run in the back ground when you  computer is on.

If you are in Japan you should be able to walk to physical stores to place preorder too,. 

Did all of the above except the monitor app and be in Japan (I missed the Hikaru release date by a day or so, left just a bit too early.

I had 4 or 5 websites up, hitting refresh on a rotation, for three straight hours, no dice pre-order night.  Even had one in my cart at one point but two sites crashed on me.

In the end, I paid the mark up and got one on release date, but it's not about the money, I make a decent living and I'm not crying about the difference of about $50.  It's just seeing the greed in people that's off-putting.

Oh well, to each their own.  Some people hoard toilet paper and Lysol wipes during a pandemic, I guess others hoard Valkyries, lol!

Edited by peter

4 minutes ago, peter said:

Did all of the above except the monitor app and be in Japan (I missed the Hikaru release date by a day or so, left just a bit too early.

I had 4 or 5 websites up, hitting refresh on a rotation, for three straight hours, no dice pre-order night.  Even had one in my cart at one point but two sites crashed on me.

In the end, I paid the mark up and got one on release date, but it's not about the money, I make a decent living and I'm not crying about the difference of about $50.  It's just seeing the greed in people that's off-putting.

Oh well, to each their own.  Some people hoard toilet paper and Lysol wipes during a pandemic, I guess others hoard Valkyries, lol!

The profit margin is the part that I am still struggling to understand about these "resellers".   Even if they can make $100 or even $200 on each PO, is it really a good return for the time and effort required to secure those POs?  Personally I'm not sure I would go into such lengths for a few hundred dollars.

2 hours ago, Paco Grande said:

Possibly a dumb question, but how are you getting the plane tilted so much on the stand? On mine if I try to use either of the tilting slots on the adapter that fits on the jet the adapter interferes with the rest of the stand. If I push it on all the way it will break something for sure. So I'm tilting my jet at 15 degrees or whatever the first angle is because the 15 degrees in the other part won't work. It's not even close. Following the instructions is not helping either. Are you just not pushing the adapter on all the way? Thanks!

The new roy has a 3 part on the special edition stand which allows you to tilt it even further than the  1J ..   its a little peg that connects the clip to the plane to the base

7 hours ago, Alan Molina said:

and thank you @no3Ljm  for my awesome Avatar

You're welcome! :drinks:

6 hours ago, Alan Molina said:

Sorry had to do it lol 

Awesome! :wub: 

34 minutes ago, F360 said:

You missed the important one, @F360:rolleyes:

DON'T EVER EVER SLEEP! So you will see all the notifications from all the listings above. :lol:

Because...

you-snooze-you-lose.jpg

:rofl:

49 minutes ago, peter said:

Not for 18,900 yen

What says that stack of Roy's was purchased for 18,900/?

What says that pic wasn't taken in the shipping/storage room of a store/retailer?

My point being you're upset about something that you may not be upset about.:hi:

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You're welcome! :drinks:

Awesome! :wub: 

You missed the important one, @F360:rolleyes:

DON'T EVER EVER SLEEP! So you will see all the notifications from all the listings above. :lol:

Because...

you-snooze-you-lose.jpg

:rofl:

so true, since many of the Japanese stores that reopen happen when most USA people sleeps.

unless you are a light sleeper or work graveyard shifts.  :wacko:

49 minutes ago, peter said:

All I know was a bunch of us were here, up all night trying to snag one for MSRP on pre-order night, some scored one or more, but many like me got jack $hit.

Do what I do. Don't mess with the PO madness and buy them on release day. I only paid about $20-30 more than people with PO's. Worth it!:good:

Just now, treatment said:

As per usual,

I hope nobody buys any from the  resellers scalpers capitalists if it's over way over MSRP and shipping is at least more than 3500y.

I hope they all just get stuck with them all unsold.

But then again, a sucker is born every minute...

:lol::lol:

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

My Roy finally showed.

129953745_10218549456432652_6175715522686043500_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=FZLd1CxRAh4AX9qDyXj&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=fbf0936047906ac54474683206fe8f1c&oe=5FEF53E0

Sam Raimi's Evil Dead series were far and away my favorite movies to watch as an early teen...only rivaled by Re-Animator.  You, sir, have my utmost respect!  Hail to the king, baby!

Edited by mantisfists

So, on the one copy I unboxed so far, the swivels at the gerwalk joint are super loose, as in the thing will do the splits on it's own if I'm not careful.

Anyone else having a similar issue? I've got a bottle of joint fixer I may use on it, or just display in fighter mode.

My first round (17.8k yen) PO from Nin-nin has arrived. Aside from the additional shipping charge they asked for to upgrade from EMS to DHL, no complaints at all, no damage to the corners as well from what I can tell. 

DHL shipping was super fast - Picked up from Osaka at 6 pm local time Thursday Dec 3, at my door just now in the US at 8:30pm Friday. That’s a door-to-door time of 39.5 hours!

Very pleased with NNG and DHL. For those who are still waiting, hope you will get yours very soon. 

FBC4E3AC-EB4C-46E0-87EF-09A9E3D8A4E1.jpeg

Edited by rdrunner

19 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Quick question about the special stand, is it the same as the one for the VF-1J execpt for the text, or the points of banking is more/different. I have not gotten mine as I don’t think I want to feed scalpers at this point, even for $30-50 more. 

It has an additional part “S ジョイント” (S joint) that’s new to this DX which allows for additional 15 degrees banking angles either way. See diagram and hopefully that explains it better than I can!

8CBBC478-9AC4-4F6D-ADAB-BE25F8DE8716.jpeg

4 hours ago, Alan Molina said:

The new roy has a 3 part on the special edition stand which allows you to tilt it even further than the  1J ..   its a little peg that connects the clip to the plane to the base

Yes I know. Mine does not fit.  I’m trying to figure out if I’m doing it wrong. I don’t own the 1J so it’s my first time with this type of stand. The centre position on the 3 position part fits but I cannot use the left or right slot without breaking something. I’ll try it again later. 

42 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Quick question about the special stand, is it the same as the one for the VF-1J execpt for the text, or the points of banking is more/different. I have not gotten mine as I don’t think I want to feed scalpers at this point, even for $30-50 more. 

15 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

Yes I know. Mine does not fit.  I’m trying to figure out if I’m doing it wrong. I don’t own the 1J so it’s my first time with this type of stand. The centre position on the 3 position part fits but I cannot use the left or right slot without breaking something. I’ll try it again later. 

https://hacchaka.net/archives/52064122.html

b7a1cab0-s.thumb.jpg.a36dbdaea7c498dda98e8a4664c4d93c.jpg

2ec0eb08-s.thumb.jpg.fbad4877c196347e5d84120cff2e9e32.jpg

309A20F4-A620-4D95-B740-538CE5E78450.thumb.jpeg.def444c3d98c7cf8d7cc719f61fa0bbb.jpeg

Picked up one so far.  The one from Amazon JP came in when I left the pick up location.

I’ll redo some poses that I’ve already done for HM and HMR like the Fighter to half Gerwalk transformation from SDFM.  The attachment is clear but too bad the stand is not clear.  I’ll figure something out.