Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 hours ago, Grimgerde said:

Well damn. Not liking what I am reading about NY. I have 3 Roys on PO with them. I did receive their email with the anticipated release date a week (or more) ago, but my nuts are creeping up into my throat after reading through some threads on here. :(

What I’d like to know is how you have 3 Roy’s ordered with NY when I’m pretty sure they limit 1. Might be stuff like this that causes even more problems with them. 

Even though I use NY less now too, I still would rather order from them than Nin-Nin or MyKombini. Only issue I’ve had with NY is still just that they have been slow on some orders but they still deliver eventually so that’s all I care. On some items, they ship out immediately. 

I had an order with Nin-nin that was supposed to be out and I waited months after release before I even bothered trying to contact them and they never responded after months of attempts. Nothing at all when I just wanted an update. They never responded to any disputes brought up by PayPal either so I got my money back. Will never want to deal with them again. 

Mykombini canceled my DX 31A order with a note that said they ran out of stock and then they had the same item available the next day at a much higher price. They can eat a male genital organ.

What Nin-nin and MyKombini do are unscrupulous imo and cannot be tolerated. My experience with NY makes me think they could have some incompetencies and bad policies but I never feel like they are purposefully trying to bend me over. Definitely not a great situation but I see incompetence in so many places, I can get around that and deal with it.

1 hour ago, Grimgerde said:

Not sure what the implication is re: my 3 Roys. I placed the order without issue.  So very sorry for besmirching their good name.

20201120_051243.jpg

Ah, I think @Slave IV thought you got 3 of the direct N-Y copies.   Those were pay later at msrp but is limited to 1 per customer.

The 3 that you preorder looks to be marked up ones that N-Y outsourced from other stores so they did not have a limit but require upfront payment. 

On 11/18/2020 at 11:11 PM, no3Ljm said:

I bought a few including some preorders some year and months ago with Nin-Nin. Didn't have any problems with them. And recently, I haven't read any bad things about them compared to NY's so my apologies regarding your VF-1S preorder. Was it Roy's?

Yes it is Roys, this is my first time ordering from Nin Nin, and i paid with a credit card not even paypal, so im gambling here... i did not pay msrp i had to pay a little extra i think total with shipping was 260, but that was regular shipping, im guessing i will have to pay extra for dhl once it releases

ive had no problems with AE but Ive only order from them once, i  have the SSP reserved with them

i did have 1 problem with NY out of the 2 orders ive had with them over the years, because of covid my figure couldnt ship regular mail which was 2000 yen, so i had to pay another 5500 yen to get it delivered through DHL (small packet, under 2lbs, no bigger than 8x8x8) it showed up like 3 weeks later

Edited by CzarAlko

10 hours ago, Slave IV said:

What Nin-nin and MyKombini do are unscrupulous imo and cannot be tolerated. My experience with NY makes me think they could have some incompetencies and bad policies but I never feel like they are purposefully trying to bend me over. Definitely not a great situation but I see incompetence in so many places, I can get around that and deal with it.

MyKombini banned me after I returned a valk because it had two of the same piece of armors in the box. They tried to claim that I didn't know what I was talking about.  I sent it back with a rubber band around the armor on the wrong side lol.

1 minute ago, rocketblast said:

Personally I would prefer the VT-1 with its super packs.  Though, I prefer the head on the VF-1D.  Well I would buy both :P

I bought a Yamato VF-1D kit partly so I could do that exact headswap. :lol:  If the colors match well, the 1D head really does look good on the VT-1. 

I really do hope Bandai gets around to making the VT-1, though I'm not keeping my hopes up, because despite how much screentime it got in DYRL, it never seems to sell all that well.

For the VF-1D, you will most likely see some magazine scans or mag photos popping up first and then a couple days later it will be on the tamashii site with more details and photos along with preorder dates.   Then and it will be preorder night in the next couple of days. 

just check this thread every couple of days and you will not miss it.    This thread will be on fire when the news breaks out. 

Edited by F360

1 hour ago, rocketblast said:

Personally I would prefer the VT-1 with its super packs.  Though, I prefer the head on the VF-1D.  Well I would buy both :P

@rocketblast I'll take one of each. :D

@Ryoma It's going to be the most epic night of PO disappointment in the history of Valkyries. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

2 hours ago, F360 said:

For the VF-1D, you will most likely see some magazine scans or mag photos popping up first and then a couple days later it will be on the tamashii site with more details and photos along with preorder dates.   Then and it will be preorder night in the next couple of days. 

just check this thread every couple of days and you will not miss it.    This thread will be on fire when the news breaks out.

That is spot-on. :good: The last few regular releases have followed that pattern, so I'd be surprised if Bandai does something different this time around.

On 11/14/2020 at 5:25 PM, Roy Focker said:

Mod Roy here.

Just cleaned up a bunch of stuff.  Maybe I remove too many posts.  Maybe I didn't remove enough.  Didn't have time to read and evaluate them all.  We have a no politics rule here.  It is one of the big rules.  Please don't force us to close this topic or force us to take any further action.   Please play nice.

Let's not go down this road again.......

4 hours ago, technoblue said:

Will some stores begin shipping Roy's VF-1S next Friday? I hope so. In any case, we're now 10 days away from November 30.

Yeah, it's possible. But those that do will have received their stock early. Many of them won't have the stock shipped to them on the 28th and then once received shipped to you.

5 hours ago, technoblue said:

Will some stores begin shipping Roy's VF-1S next Friday? I hope so. In any case, we're now 10 days away from November 30.

Mostly not , the release date is the 28th Saturday.   And it’s just right after thanksgiving and Black Friday .

2 minutes ago, F360 said:

Mostly not , the release date is the 28th Saturday.   And it’s just right after thanksgiving and Black Friday .

Hm. I didn't think about that, but then I wonder how much of an effect Black Friday will have given how odd this year has been so far?

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yeah, it's possible. But those that do will have received their stock early. Many of them won't have the stock shipped to them on the 28th and then once received shipped to you.

HaHa! Well, in that case I hope we all have good fortune and get the benefit of early shipping next weekend.

29 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Hm. I didn't think about that, but then I wonder how much of an effect Black Friday will have given how odd this year has been so far?

HaHa! Well, in that case I hope we all have good fortune and get the benefit of early shipping next weekend.

It’s will have some effects but it’s more so due to 28th being an Saturday.   Many stores do not ship out on Saturday or if they do it’s very limited.

Labor Thanksgiving Day (勤労感謝の日, Kinrō Kansha no Hi) is a national holiday in Japan celebrated on November 23 of each year,[1] unless that day falls on a Sunday, in which case the holiday is moved to Monday.[2] The law establishing the holiday cites it as an occasion to commemorate labor and production and give one another thanks.

Many countries have now implemented a Black Friday sale of their own: Canada, United Kingdom, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, Russia, India and Pakistan all celebrate Black Friday on their own soil.   Especially for online stores . sale sale sale. 

Yes it's in no way the craziness of Black Friday in America but it's still happening all over.  but in japan its a very orderly fashion of lining up.

What does this all mean. it mean that workers that work at the store that you preordered your valk will most likely be busier this week and the store will not have extra time to ship your valk out early.  

I'm pretty sure Amazon japan will have heavy outbound volume , so for them shipping out Roy early is not likely.  DHL might even delay their daily pickup or incomplete pickup, or bumped to next pickup time/date.

HLJ ......... yeah, they aren't going to ship early.:rolleyes:

CDjapan, (having a black friday sale this week).  many japan post shipping option is still suspended.  so expect a email about changing shipping service if you preordered with sal small packet. or ems for USA.   that will delay it somewhat.

Amiami..  I don't remember them shipping out stuff early because I don't normally get a email about payment until at or after release date.  

hobby search .. same as amiami.

Nin-nin-games... they'll never shipped early

N-Y?... ok.. maybe....... :rofl:

9 hours ago, F360 said:

Labor Thanksgiving Day (勤労感謝の日, Kinrō Kansha no Hi) is a national holiday in Japan celebrated on November 23 of each year,[1] unless that day falls on a Sunday, in which case the holiday is moved to Monday.[2] The law establishing the holiday cites it as an occasion to commemorate labor and production and give one another thanks.

Many countries have now implemented a Black Friday sale of their own: Canada, United Kingdom, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, Russia, India and Pakistan all celebrate Black Friday on their own soil.   Especially for online stores . sale sale sale. 

Yes it's in no way the craziness of Black Friday in America but it's still happening all over.  but in japan its a very orderly fashion of lining up.

What does this all mean. it mean that workers that work at the store that you preordered your valk will most likely be busier this week and the store will not have extra time to ship your valk out early.  

I'm pretty sure Amazon japan will have heavy outbound volume , so for them shipping out Roy early is not likely.  DHL might even delay their daily pickup or incomplete pickup, or bumped to next pickup time/date.

HLJ ......... yeah, they aren't going to ship early.:rolleyes:

CDjapan, (having a black friday sale this week).  many japan post shipping option is still suspended.  so expect a email about changing shipping service if you preordered with sal small packet. or ems for USA.   that will delay it somewhat.

Amiami..  I don't remember them shipping out stuff early because I don't normally get a email about payment until at or after release date.  

hobby search .. same as amiami.

Nin-nin-games... they'll never shipped early

N-Y?... ok.. maybe....... :rofl:

It's the same as any other weekend. They probably have some kind of Black Friday sales but none of the stampedes and madness and camping out we have in America. And most of those shoppers are probably not buying expensive anime toys, much less Macross toys.

Let's stop assuming the rest of the world is like America.

Worst case scenario is that your valk ships on Monday or Tuesday, which was going to happen anyway regardless of what weekend it was. Expect the usual COVID related delays we've been dealing with all year, which has nothing to do with Thanksigivng.

Edited by Lolicon

Hey, dont know where to post this, so if its not the right place, delete it or move it to the right section/topic.

The 2nd batch for APRIL REISSUE DX CHOGOKIN MACROSS TV VERSION VF-1 COMPATIBLE SUPER PARTS SET is up, second release will be in 2021 April, so if you missed the first batch, the 2nd if for you. :D

https://hobby-genki.com/en/dx-chogokin/419-dx-chogokin-tv-version-vf-1-compatible-super-parts-set.html?fbclid=IwAR1tMeBKKAuBwgKJTwNAhgdnQAJ3yqgTehW8QvEs-H8LR_5tOl9VGAjHWuc

Hobby Genki Team

6 minutes ago, Hobby Genki said:

Hey, dont know where to post this, so if its not the right place, delete it or move it to the right section/topic.

The 2nd batch for APRIL REISSUE DX CHOGOKIN MACROSS TV VERSION VF-1 COMPATIBLE SUPER PARTS SET is up, second release will be in 2021 April, so if you missed the first batch, the 2nd if for you. :D

https://hobby-genki.com/en/dx-chogokin/419-dx-chogokin-tv-version-vf-1-compatible-super-parts-set.html?fbclid=IwAR1tMeBKKAuBwgKJTwNAhgdnQAJ3yqgTehW8QvEs-H8LR_5tOl9VGAjHWuc

Hobby Genki Team

Perfect place to post!