Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

What a spectacular disaster. Happy for those who were able to navigate the chaos early this morning, but I crashed and burned--literally in some cases. <_<

My shenanigans started with CDJ where I got one into my cart after a bit of finagling, and then I immediately got the no stock notice when going to check out.  No worries, right? Plenty of shoppes left to visit. Well, AE was shut down and didn't come back until the pre-orders were sold out. Way to go AE! AmiAmi kept tossing each pre-order I tried to make out of my cart. I made at least five attempts with a live pre-order buttron. Anyway, since I was messing with Ami's site, I completely missed the AJ link until the last minute when that stock ran out. *deflated*

HLJ was my final stop and that was a particular happy sort of madness when that went live, teasing us with their add to cart button for minutes whereas the actual pre-order lasted mere seconds. My HLJ experience matched my CDJ one and I was able to get Roy's 1S into the cart but was blocked by that dreaded no stock notice. 

In a holding pattern now waiting to see if we get any more surprise in stock opportunities. Realistically, though, it looks like I'm waiting until November on this one. 

Edited by technoblue

12 minutes ago, ghostryder said:

https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/dx-chogokin-first-limited-edition-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-japan-ver

Not familiar with this store, but better than the current NIN^2 pricing and uncertainty.

What a clusterfck of a PO... not doing that again.

Thanks for the heads up.

2 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Looks like pay now. 31,500 shipped

Under $300 shipped, which is better than I was expecting upon missing AE, HLJ, CDJ, Ami Ami, etc. etc.

5 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Pay now. They seem legit. They have over 2000 feedback on eBay.

You know what, I pulled the trigger. 304.00 shipped to New York. Again through paypal and on my credit card. If it doesn’t ship by December, I’ll file claim with PP. so I got 1 through nin n one through Luna Park. 2 paid for. If one comes through I’m happy. If both super.

3 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

That’s Luna Park seller

might be same person.  loves to use the word "beautiful", if thats his tell. haha

same logo as well.

https://www.ebay.com/str/lunaparkjapanshop

anyway i ordered because i missed out not getting one anywhere.  was hopign ny wold mark up and relist...didnt happen.  giviing this guy's website a try.  paypal should have my back if in 6 months times nothing happens.

Edited by Mechapilot77

Nin Nin is a mixed bag based on other's experiences but I've received my orders from them. Kinda risky right now but keep your POs because you can get your money back within 6 months. The running theory with these stores that put up more PO's in increasing prices is that they buy up stock at retail from other stores (local or inaccessible to international buyers). 

7 minutes ago, VF-1 Modok said:

Bit the bullet and tried the lunar park store for 34,000 yen using credit card.

Hope it’s legit.

Well, their last 200 feedback only had one negative and one that was still positive rating but had a "negative" comment:

Negative:

image.png.fa8b37379a3057fc02f381810b39b19d.png

and the positive but with "neg" comment in there that likely doesn't apply here:

image.png.bfcbe2accb5f06507026f4eb27845309.png

I'm feeling good about this, especially since I got in on the slightly cheaper side. If they deliver I may keep them up there for next PO.

29 minutes ago, CzarAlko said:

Im thinking on cancelling my order at Nin Nin game and just wait for release, that website seems shady

What will the price be on release day, the same as now around $300?

3 minutes ago, moose said:

I am hoping these guys come through

https://okini.land/en/21236-dx-chogokin-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-bandai-spirits.html

They never did put up a preoder just a listing not sure what they intend to do

I think they may have opened at some point before PO, if you googled OKL_008863_N it showed as in stock, now of course it shows as out of stock

3 hours ago, Kyp Durron said:

Like I said, I'll start a thread on them near release date so we can see who got theirs and who had to get their money back. It should be very interesting. 

I'll be sure to add to that with my own report!

2 minutes ago, CzarAlko said:

I think they may have opened at some point before PO, if you googled OKL_008863_N it showed as in stock, now of course it shows as out of stock

Ok really I never saw that and I was watching for it so they are out of stock then?

1 minute ago, rdrunner said:

For me it's the TV Kakizaki and the 1D, but yeah.

do you think we'll get the two seaters?  if a 1D comes out I NEED it as much as this roy.  the 1D, roy's 1S, and hikaru's 1J are like the trio that mean the most to me as an SDFM fan.  sure completing vermillion would be nice as well as max and mirria's 1js and of course browies and brownie 1J but i don't want to repeat the 1/60 v2s and go for near completion. 

45 minutes ago, CzarAlko said:

Im thinking on cancelling my order at Nin Nin game and just wait for release, that website seems shady

you cant its all over the place in the internet  do a google cancel  nin nin  and you will see even with paypal they charge you 25% cancelation fee

Apparently in my rush to buy this crap, i used Adyen or some company that processes the payment, inthe NIN NIN website. This "adyen" site has a terrible history of fraud, and the transaction was cancelled. Now i tried it again with paypal, but at 300 bucks. I hope nin nin comes through and my invoce says roy focker vf-1s etc. I got effed last night.