Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


IXTL

Recommended Posts

Well, my missile sets from the 2nd run just arrived from Nin-nin-game.

My strike parts through Anime Export were stuck at Osaka since 4/16 managed to arrive last week as well.

Can't wait to finally get everything out and loaded up!

Hope everyone gets their shipments soon too, cheers.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, MacrossDYRL said:

Well, my missile sets from the 2nd run just arrived from Nin-nin-game.

My strike parts through Anime Export were stuck at Osaka since 4/16 managed to arrive last week as well.

Can't wait to finally get everything out and loaded up!

Hope everyone gets their shipments soon too, cheers.

 

I'm jealous! I pre-ordered missiles from Nin-Nin back in April and haven't seen any change to the order status at all :(

And I paid for FedEx/DHL FWIW

Edited by RedComet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Anyone interested on the AE update:  My missiles were delivered to Tenso so it's all good.  Looking forward to @Anasazi37's update, and if he has no issues then we'll know what address format to use.  Mine obviously created hiccups even though it eventually got delivered. 

Glad to hear that yours made it to Tenso! I received my shipping notification from AE last night. Nothing is showing up in the Japan Post tracking system yet. They're taking their sweet time with my sets, apparently. Maybe they just printed the address label so they could mark the order as shipped, and will actually mail it later, which is straight out of NY's playbook. I'll report back as soon as I have an update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RedComet said:

I'm jealous! I pre-ordered missiles from Nin-Nin back in April and haven't seen any change to the order status at all :(

And I paid for FedEx/DHL FWIW

April 2019 or April 2020? And was the company you ordered from JP based or otherwise? JUst getting the general situation. All of my orders are JP based and sent via DHL. The delays came from my local Customs clearance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/20/2020 at 5:43 PM, sil80jdm said:

Anybody know what’s up with ssp from nippon yasan?? Mines been bought and paid for since day 1 and won’t even reply to my messages :(

 

On 6/20/2020 at 6:00 PM, drumondo said:

Same here. 

They replied to me, apologised for the delay and said they'll ship when when they have them. That's about it.

 

I'm also in that boat with NY, although I haven't bothered to try and reach out to them as of yet.

With the state of the world today, I don't mind being patient, but I'm debating with myself if I should start worrying about NY not coming through at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

April 2019 or April 2020? And was the company you ordered from JP based or otherwise? JUst getting the general situation. All of my orders are JP based and sent via DHL. The delays came from my local Customs clearance.

April 2020 from Nin-Nin Games, I think they are Japan Based, but it's my first time using them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RedComet said:

April 2020 from Nin-Nin Games, I think they are Japan Based, but it's my first time using them.

Been reading general JP updates related to the beerbug and if accurate, Manda too has openned all their branches. Unless there is something the JP media aren't telling (same with Manda) or their shipments from China may have met delays.

I'm going for the latter. (I know how much sucktitude it cost me for my own country's customs delays which might also have something to do with the beerbug )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Glad to hear that yours made it to Tenso! I received my shipping notification from AE last night. Nothing is showing up in the Japan Post tracking system yet. They're taking their sweet time with my sets, apparently. Maybe they just printed the address label so they could mark the order as shipped, and will actually mail it later, which is straight out of NY's playbook. I'll report back as soon as I have an update.

Haha! I hear ya. The only option to ship was boat, so I made the request for DHL over email. Let you know the total of that if you care to hear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's a question I have had kicking around my head for a while, and this is as good a place as any to ask it I figure. I collected MP transformers for a while but that world is just lousy with knockoffs of varying quality. It made it difficult to get an MP TF from anyone except maybe a forum member with a sterling reputation. My question is this, with what Bandai DX figures (overall, not even just Macross) sell for, why haven't there been knockoffs?!? Don't get me wrong, I am GLAD there don't seem to be any as that's a huge headache for most collectors. But what is it that makes the difference? Are transformers just an order of magnitude more popular? Does Bandai just have really aggressive lawyers that Takara lacks? Any info, or even wild conspiracies would be great ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Here's a question I have had kicking around my head for a while, and this is as good a place as any to ask it I figure. I collected MP transformers for a while but that world is just lousy with knockoffs of varying quality. It made it difficult to get an MP TF from anyone except maybe a forum member with a sterling reputation. My question is this, with what Bandai DX figures (overall, not even just Macross) sell for, why haven't there been knockoffs?!? Don't get me wrong, I am GLAD there don't seem to be any as that's a huge headache for most collectors. But what is it that makes the difference? Are transformers just an order of magnitude more popular? Does Bandai just have really aggressive lawyers that Takara lacks? Any info, or even wild conspiracies would be great ^_^

It’s a combination of what you mentioned but if you look at the grey market thread, you’ll see there are KOs and the DX VF-31 KOs seem to be on the way. Also, there have been KOs of Macross since the beginning and I think if anything, the first time I’ve seen widespread KOs of figures were of Macross. But I think for the most part, Macross is too niche a market for it to be as widespread as we see for Transformers. As for not being able to get genuine MP Transformers, that’s odd. It seems to me to be very easy to choose between getting official and KO with many people, myself included opting for the cheaper KOs in many cases because they are often better, improved, offer different sizing or decos or a combination of all the above. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's a combination of Macross being more niche than Transformers, so there isn't as big a market for it, and the DX VFs having a ton of tiny little unnecessarily complicated parts.

There's a listing at a store for a KO of the DX VF-31J that's been in preorder for a couple years now. The price they list at is a little less than you find the legit figures on the secondary market. But that figure has thin pieces, little pieces that fold and rotate, tiny clips, a bunch of stuff where the tolerance needs to be right or the whole thing will flop and wobble or it won't compress right and hold together. And all the painted details.

If a KO company is going to make one and put in enough QC to make sure it all comes together and works (because if it was a floppy mess no one would pay $150+ for one), they might as well just be Bandai.

As far as getting MP TFs that aren't knockoffs - yeah, if you miss the normal availability window and you're trying to find something on ebay, it's a crapshoot. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RedComet said:

Here's a question I have had kicking around my head for a while, and this is as good a place as any to ask it I figure. I collected MP transformers for a while but that world is just lousy with knockoffs of varying quality. It made it difficult to get an MP TF from anyone except maybe a forum member with a sterling reputation. My question is this, with what Bandai DX figures (overall, not even just Macross) sell for, why haven't there been knockoffs?!? Don't get me wrong, I am GLAD there don't seem to be any as that's a huge headache for most collectors. But what is it that makes the difference? Are transformers just an order of magnitude more popular? Does Bandai just have really aggressive lawyers that Takara lacks? Any info, or even wild conspiracies would be great ^_^

TFs are hot in China. Molten hot. :lol:Macross isn't that hot. So the market for KO Macross' isn't to profitable for KOers. 

As for legit MP Tfs, go the JP way from you know where mentioned here a bouts (Jungle Planet, etc etc).;)

Avoid ebay like a plague!

Edited by fenrir72
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RedComet said:

Here's a question I have had kicking around my head for a while, and this is as good a place as any to ask it I figure. I collected MP transformers for a while but that world is just lousy with knockoffs of varying quality. It made it difficult to get an MP TF from anyone except maybe a forum member with a sterling reputation. My question is this, with what Bandai DX figures (overall, not even just Macross) sell for, why haven't there been knockoffs?!? Don't get me wrong, I am GLAD there don't seem to be any as that's a huge headache for most collectors. But what is it that makes the difference? Are transformers just an order of magnitude more popular? Does Bandai just have really aggressive lawyers that Takara lacks? Any info, or even wild conspiracies would be great ^_^

Bobby Skullface just posted a video about 3P and KO's. He went into the history of them getting shut down, raided, etc to give context to I can't remember what company just got raided (supposedly). Apparently companies like Bandai and Disney wield a lot of power and go after KO's HARD. I suspect it's a matter of them having more money for bribes than the KO company does.

I suspect that Macross stuff is not heavily KO'd because it's not actually that big of a market and that companies like Bandai that have a really big stick can do some damage. Watch this video. Some of these KO's are loosing massive amounts of money in seized/destroyed product, getting huge fines and higher ups are doing jail time. It's pretty interesting. I was shocked at how much inventory some of these places have. I imagined KO's to be smaller scale.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Knuckles7173 said:

I alreday have three (shipping soon) thanks to @RedComet. Thanks RedComet!:yahoo:

I'm going to have to pick a few more up though.;) It will be a bloodbath........that I'm not going to mess with. I'll wait for release day like I did the VF-1S Hikaru and scoop a couple up. Did I end up paying more in the long run? Sure. But not a ton. And I didn't need to worry about the stress. Heck, I had my Hikaru's faster than most people who PO'd them. A lot faster.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Knuckles7173 said:

Looks like it is a TV version with TV Roy pilot figure. Roy's figure also looks bigger, a nice touch. And great that it comes with the stand like Hikaru's VF-1J.

But is it going to be a normal release or Tamashii web exclusive?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Rogueload said:

Oh man a tv Roy!! Even better! I think this one might get me to get in the 1/48 game! 

What's the difference between TV and DYRL again? The pilot figure and a marking on the head or something???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't see any black arrows on the battroid head or ejection seat markings. Could just be because it's a prototype but considering it's just a repaint of an established mold, it sure looks like Bandai is once again taking a step back.

Maybe they'll throw in a movie pilot figure and some decals for the head arrows. That's all they would need to do to make it a movie version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t think Bandai’s gonna bother with a single tiny black arrow marking to differentiate between TV & movie.

But it will be nice if they include a movie Roy figure as well. Yet wouldn’t put it past them to make it as a separate Tamashii item. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I don't see any black arrows on the battroid head or ejection seat markings. Could just be because it's a prototype but considering it's just a repaint of an established mold, it sure looks like Bandai is once again taking a step back.

Maybe they'll throw in a movie pilot figure and some decals for the head arrows. That's all they would need to do to make it a movie version.

Yes, there's a yellow arrow :ph34r:

We need someone who can read Japanese.

It's a low resolution pic, but is Fockers 1S head slightly different??

IMG-20200623-WA0007.jpg

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Corrinald said:

The overall proportions and visor do look very slightly different.

Also, yay VF-1S Roy! This ought to be pleasant to try to buy :lol:

Oh jeez, it’s going to suck. I anticipate spinning wheels and getting cart jacked all night long. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Corrinald said:

The overall head proportions and visor do look very slightly different.

Also, yay VF-1S Roy! This ought to be pleasant to try to buy :lol:

I can spot a more pointy jaw in Fockers 1S head, and it also has bigger neck and softer edges.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Yes, there's a yellow arrow :ph34r:

We need someone who can read Japanese.

It's a low resolution pic, but is Fockers 1S head slightly different??

IMG-20200623-WA0007.jpg

Wow those yellow arrows were hard to see!

Yellow text at the top says the pilot figure and battroid head unit are all new.

The paragraph immediately below goes on to say that the head unit was created to match what's seen onscreen on the TV version (then why are the arrows yellow, Bandai?). Then it says again the pilot figure is newly created, and the last part says "as a 3D object it's an item without compromise!" :unknw:

So yeah, claiming to be the TV version while giving us the DYRL version is what I would expect from Bandai. :p

Edited by Lolicon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Wow those yellow arrows were hard to see!

Yellow text at the top says the pilot figure and battroid head unit are all new.

The paragraph immediately below goes on to say that the head unit was created to match what's seen onscreen on the TV version (then why are the arrows yellow, Bandai?). Then it says again the pilot figure is newly created, and the last part says "as a 3D object it's an item without compromise!" :unknw:

If that's the case and it's to match the TV version, then it's the TV version for sure. Pretty sure they'll change the Yellow arrows to Black before release. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...