Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

20 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

IMG_1918_zpsb7jgyb8o.jpg

King of Mint in Sealed Box in Sealed Shipper Box

ahhh, brings back memories. i have a few shipper boxes still sealed but i had to open this DX vf-1s since it was lost in the mail for a month. had to check if customs ripped the box open. (had that happen to me before once where customs delayed an item. find out they opened a sealed item then resealed it in shipper box...) 

19 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

:lol: Thanks Airborne 

Anytime!! I bought some Toynami Beta's a few years ago and both were sealed in the brown shipper box like your VF-0A's... that lased a few weeks before I took them out, couldn't fight temptation. :lol:

6 hours ago, rocketblast said:

Got my open box VF-1S from Mandarake today.  Been liking this model a lot more especially since there's no DYRL vf-1a hikaru anyways.  This one worked out fine.

In theory, there will be a Hikkie DYRL 1A as the display was shown a few months ago, but who knows when.  Better to swoosh and enjoy now than wait 2 years haha!  Plus, you know you've all recreated the end of DYRL with your 1S, SSP and missiles!!

19 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

In theory, there will be a Hikkie DYRL 1A as the display was shown a few months ago, but who knows when.  Better to swoosh and enjoy now than wait 2 years haha!  Plus, you know you've all recreated the end of DYRL with your 1S, SSP and missiles!!

I gotta say that up until very recently I didn't get the allure of having "one of everything". For example, the entire Vermilion squadron. I get toys based mostly on their aesthetics. If I like how it looks, I want it. Who the pilot was, etc was never much of a factor for me.

Then I got the big Macross box set a few weeks ago and finally sat down and watched Zero, DYRL and PLUS. Now I kinda get it. I already had pretty much everything from Zero because I think they're beautiful. But, once I saw Roy with the Reactive Armor guess what went on the "must have list"? After watching DYRL I now want a DX VF-1A Hikaru with Supers. And after watching Plus I want another 21 to display in de-limiter mode along side one in regular mode. And maybe one more with a Fold Booster.

So yeah, I get it now.

You can put a Yamato YF-21 in De-limiter mode correct?

58 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I gotta say that up until very recently I didn't get the allure of having "one of everything". For example, the entire Vermilion squadron. I get toys based mostly on their aesthetics. If I like how it looks, I want it. Who the pilot was, etc was never much of a factor for me.

Then I got the big Macross box set a few weeks ago and finally sat down and watched Zero, DYRL and PLUS. Now I kinda get it. I already had pretty much everything from Zero because I think they're beautiful. But, once I saw Roy with the Reactive Armor guess what went on the "must have list"? After watching DYRL I now want a DX VF-1A Hikaru with Supers. And after watching Plus I want another 21 to display in de-limiter mode along side one in regular mode. And maybe one more with a Fold Booster.

So yeah, I get it now.

It really is hard to collect just one of each or a few select pieces.  Macross collecting can fill a cabinet or garage very quickly.

And yes, the Yamato YF-21 can perform delimiter mode. As a side note, so can the VF-22 M&M and Gamlin.

DX 1a Max up for grabs on Manda.

One unit for 19k yen and the other is 20k yen.

This one is 20k yen, the 19k yen is at the other branch.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1129232545&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Edit: The 19k yen unit has been taken as of Feb 8, 12:41am PST.

Edited by borgified

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

So yeah, I get it now.

Yeah, I hear ya!  There's just something about the different series and the nuances of each aesthetic.

7 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

It really is hard to collect just one of each or a few select pieces.  Macross collecting can fill a cabinet or garage very quickly.

Pretty much this.  One Detolf turns into five...turns into a retail case...turns into I better keep this boxed in the garage or basement until I can rotate because my wife will kill me if I take over any more space.  (Unless you're @tekering and have a museum built in your home; in which case you are one lucky dude or dudette.)

5 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yeah, I hear ya!  There's just something about the different series and the nuances of each aesthetic.

Pretty much this.  One Detolf turns into five...turns into a retail case...turns into I better keep this boxed in the garage or basement until I can rotate because my wife will kill me if I take over any more space.  (Unless you're @tekering and have a museum built in your home; in which case you are one lucky dude or dudette.)

Don't forget @Kicker773 as well (King of 1/48 Yammies). Him and @tekeringhave crazy display cases to show their collection. ;)

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

Sealed VF-1S Hikaru is available on Jungle for ¥27,500

https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/products/detail/351443

Cheaper than Amazon Japan at the moment

Just remember, at AJ you can reduce the listed price by 10% because we don’t pay tax. At Jungle, you need to add 5% to the listed price for their surcharge. 

Edited by Slave IV

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Just remember, at AJ you can reduce the listed price by 10% because we don’t pay tax. At Jungle, you need to add I think 5-10% to the listed price for their surcharge. 

It's 5% on top of the listing price for Paypal fees etc, then the S+H fees once everything is done. 

So that interns 1,350 yen additional to make a total of 28,850 yen.

24 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Just remember, at AJ you can reduce the listed price by 10% because we don’t pay tax. At Jungle, you need to add 5% to the listed price for their surcharge. 

Unless you're shipping to a Tenso or other package forwarding address, which is domestic (pretty sure that's correct). Yes, Jungle does seem to include a handling fee that is roughly equivalent to the tax. Shops on Rakuten tend to do the same thing. That happened when I ordered a 1/60 VF-11B recently.

Yeah, just wanted to clarify to anyone who didn’t know the differences when comparing prices with Jungle or AJ.
For Jungle, sure you can send to a Japan address but then don’t you get the 10% tax instead? Even if not, you get additional fees and shipping for the middleman.  

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, just wanted to clarify to anyone who didn’t know the differences when comparing prices with Jungle or AJ.
For Jungle, sure you can send to a Japan address but then don’t you get the 10% tax instead? Even if not, you get additional fees and shipping for the middleman.  

I was thinking about AJ, not Jungle. Sometimes, like with the VF-1S Hikaru I purchased, reasonably-priced stuff is only available domestically, so you get hit with the tax when you ship to a Tenso address, and then Tenso takes a little bit more when you ask them to ship an item individually or consolidate it with others. For AJ, Jungle, Mandarake, and Rakuten: yes, it's definitely better to have them ship directly to you if that's an option. Bypasses some or all of the tax and you don't have to deal with Tenso's fees. I feel like I sometimes have to use advanced calculus to figure out where the best deals are.... :blink:

Edited by Anasazi37

4 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I was thinking about AJ, not Jungle. Sometimes, like with the VF-1S Hikaru I purchased, reasonably-priced stuff is only available domestically, so you get hit with the tax when you ship to a Tenso address, and then Tenso takes a little bit more when you ask them to ship an item individually or consolidate it with others. For AJ, Jungle, Mandarake, and Rakuten: yes, it's definitely better to have them ship directly to you if that's an option. Bypasses some or all of the tax and you don't have to deal with Tenso's fees. I feel like I sometimes have to use advanced calculus to figure out where the best deals are.... :blink:

Haha, that’s why I just preorder from NY whenever possible and forget about worrying about anything. It’s almost always significantly cheaper there.