Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Tenbatsu said:

It seems that there are alot of cancellation going on atm. VF-1S weekly ranking in Hobby Search jumped from no.4 to No.1.

Weekly ranking is by the number of visits to the item page .   It just shows there’s a lot of people looking at that item page , most likely refreshing very 1 minute , 5 minute , etc .   
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, F360 said:

Weekly ranking is by the number of visits to the item page .   It just shows there’s a lot of people looking at that item page , most likely refreshing very 1 minute , 5 minute , etc .   
 

 

I see, thanks for the heads up. As it stated that it's the ranking for selling the most hence am not very sure.

"Anime Robot/SFX Weekly Ranking Selling the most (Updated at 10:00 and 22:00 (GMT-5))"

Edited by Tenbatsu
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tenbatsu said:

I see, thanks for the heads up. As it stated that it's the ranking for selling the most hence am not very sure.

"Anime Robot/SFX Weekly Ranking Selling the most (Updated at 10:00 and 22:00 (GMT-5))"

Ah, I might have confuse it with another site.

But since the release date was on the 11/23,,.. . it could just that one time long reopening (couple of minutes)  adding with the rest of the preorders.  :unknw:

 

Edited by F360
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Any of the more experienced modelers around here know a way to strip the "100" tampo off the stabilizer without messing up the paint underneath?

Let's hope Bandai doesn't give us mirror images of 011, 012, and 013 later on. <_<

I'm wondering if no one caught it on the production quality control side because the first two releases were 101 and 111, so mirroring the numbers was perfectly fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I emailed NY a couple of days ago regarding the lack of shipping updates since the toy was already in shelves and they responded by next day.

They apologized and told me their supply didn’t arrive in time. My guess is that product to them arrives in waves and not all at once. They ensure they would try to fulfill my order as soon as they could and thanked me for my patience.

so waiting I am, but glad I got an encouraging email from them.

i also think this is the appropriate way for them to keep their international customers. Maybe the bad rap they got from the 31’s conundrum got them thinking it wasn’t in their best interest to keep people in the void and eventually lose those potential customers for future sales

Edited by 007-vf1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to give everyone a heads up that if you were planning to order Missile Sets through the proxy service FromJapan, you won't be able to. I placed an order for two yesterday and they cancelled the order today, immediately refunding my payment, with this is as the reason:

Quote

The seller/store has set a limit on the number of units that a single customer can purchase for this item and FROM JAPAN has already reached it.

I'd never run into that problem before with them. Makes me wonder if proxies are caught up in Bandai's response to what happened with the first round of SSP sets, which sold out almost instantly. Maybe Bandai is taking the scalping situation more seriously than we thought? (HA!) Setting the limit low for individual customers would definitely slow down the people causing problems for the rest of us, but it won't stop them.

I'm more surprised that FJ is viewed by Bandai as a single customer. You'd think they'd have a bunch of accounts set up on the P-Bandai site, one per employee, to deal with this situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Wanted to give everyone a heads up that if you were planning to order Missile Sets through the proxy service FromJapan, you won't be able to. I placed an order for two yesterday and they cancelled the order today, immediately refunding my payment, with this is as the reason:

I'd never run into that problem before with them. Makes me wonder if proxies are caught up in Bandai's response to what happened with the first round of SSP sets, which sold out almost instantly. Maybe Bandai is taking the scalping situation more seriously than we thought? (HA!) Setting the limit low for individual customers would definitely slow down the people causing problems for the rest of us, but it won't stop them.

I'm more surprised that FJ is viewed by Bandai as a single customer. You'd think they'd have a bunch of accounts set up on the P-Bandai site, one per employee, to deal with this situation.

They've always had a limit to how many orders they can place for TWE. It just means somebody has placed their order ahead of you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Any of the more experienced modelers around here know a way to strip the "100" tampo off the stabilizer without messing up the paint underneath?

Let's hope Bandai doesn't give us mirror images of 011, 012, and 013 later on. <_<

Not an expert, but what I will do with mine is I will cover the “I” with black and paint a new one on the other side. It won’t look perfect, but at least not inverted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 007-vf1 said:

I emailed NY a couple of days ago regarding the lack of shipping updates since the toy was already in shelves and they responded by next day.

They apologized and told me their supply didn’t arrive in time. My guess is that product to them arrives in waves and not all at once. They ensure they would try to fulfill my order as soon as they could and thanked me for my patience.

so waiting I am, but glad I got an encouraging email from them.

i also think this is the appropriate way for them to keep their international customers. Maybe the bad rap they got from the 31’s conundrum got them thinking it wasn’t in their best interest to keep people in the void and eventually lose those potential customers for future sales

I emailed them a few days ago about if they were going to be able to fill my orders. And then again the next day. They haven't gotten back to me (yes, I checked my spam;)). They have until tomorrow morning and I'm filing a PayPal chargeback.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crackpot said:

They've always had a limit to how many orders they can place for TWE. It just means somebody has placed their order ahead of you.

I know that there's always been a limit, but FJ either hit it a lot faster than usual or the limit has been lowered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Any of the more experienced modelers around here know a way to strip the "100" tampo off the stabilizer without messing up the paint underneath?

Let's hope Bandai doesn't give us mirror images of 011, 012, and 013 later on. <_<

I'm actually curious if you'd be able to just strip the numbering and leave the black like on the YF-19.  I forget if it was you or someone else who removed the white lettering from the left wing with some kind of alcohol, and the black underneath was left untouched.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

I was years ago.  The golden rule is to rotate and move joints as close to the joint itself as you can.  For example: if you want to lift the arm, don’t grab it by the hand and lift, turn it by the shoulder.  
 

but as the other member stated, the VF-1 is solid.  Enjoy it.
 

It’s normal to feel the way you do when you drop $300 and know in your heart that if it breaks you likely can’t get another one.  
 

Don’t get like me, I’ve let my fear of ruining valks lead me to buying two of every release so the Tyler Durden in me is always ok

“ no matter what, I’ve got That lime green stripe couch situation checked off”

 

I have the same problem. I was buying 3 of everything for that same reason. Lately I've cut down to 2 and usually just 1 of Arcadia products (because they are so expensive).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

I know that there's always been a limit, but FJ either hit it a lot faster than usual or the limit has been lowered.

When did the PO open for the missile reissue? In my mind, it has been up for a while now and FJ's limit on how many TWE orders they can place have always been on the lower side compared to other proxies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Any of the more experienced modelers around here know a way to strip the "100" tampo off the stabilizer without messing up the paint underneath?

Let's hope Bandai doesn't give us mirror images of 011, 012, and 013 later on. <_<

The only way I would try it would be to paint over the entire 001 and then lay down a water slide decal from a 1:48 Hasegawa and then top coat it.  Honestly, I would leave it alone.  There are just too many unknowns, you don’t know if they used laquer or acrylic paints, the top coat may not match, a lot could go wrong that would make it look worse.

its really not that big of deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crackpot said:

When did the PO open for the missile reissue? In my mind, it has been up for a while now and FJ's limit on how many TWE orders they can place have always been on the lower side compared to other proxies. 

Looks like 15 Nov at 4pm JST, so two weeks. They might have hit their limit sooner than that, but I'm not sure. Something to keep in mind for the future when ordering through proxies: even if the P-Bandai site says that orders are still being accepted for an item, weeks or months after the initial offering date, you might be out of luck if you don't pull the trigger within a few days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! I haven't transformed my other DX's yet. These are SOOOOOOOO nice! Yamato what?:rofl:

First of three showed up today. Come one other two! COME ON STRIKE PACKS!!!:yahoo:

Hopefully some GBP Armor some day too......

 

VF-1S DX 1.jpg

VF-1S DX 2.jpg

VF-1S DX 3.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I know that there's always been a limit, but FJ either hit it a lot faster than usual or the limit has been lowered.

When I ordered the Metal Build Gernsback they had the same issue, some lines/items just reach the limit faster. Metal Builds in particular are a very low number.

I suspect the second set of strike packs they did limit the number per address lower than the first due to how quickly that one sold out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...