Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

4 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

I had HLJ, Amiami, NY, CDj, Nin nin, AmazonJp, and even Mandrake open, 2 to 3 hours from the exact moment the pre-order started. This might explain some of my frustrations...

Mine too....especially when all of them get cartjacked every single freaking time!

In fact, do you know i am still trying to proceed with my CDJ order? I keep pressing proceed to order button from my cart(its still there!), even tho everytime it ends up with unable to order due to bla bla bla....

Edited by seti88

Just now, vlenhoff said:

I had HLJ, Amiami, NY, CDj, Nin nin, AmazonJp, and even Mandrake open, 2 to 3 hours from the exact moment the pre-order started. This might explain some of my frustrations...

I cycle thru AmazonJP, AmiAmi, HLJ, HobbySearch. Nippon Yasan, CD Japan, Anime Export, Loopaza, MyKombini, Nin-Nin, and BandaiOnline every time pre-order madness comes to maintain shopping links.  

If people have other store suggestions to include for future pre-orders, please let me know.

5 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Mandarake's online store never lists pre-orders. 

2 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Did loopaza list? Didnt quite see them on the list this time....

Nope I just checked when Shizuka mentioned them.  I'm so steamed at myself, I had a chance to get one at AJ but I forgot my password and by the time I reset it all gone...

7 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Mandarake's online store never lists pre-orders. 

Yeap, i was that desperate. I also used all the links you kindly provided, thanks!

I may have to hunt down a 1/48 Yammie Max TV, and paint one of my 1/48 CF into a Kakizake. My vermilion dream has once more, disintegrated...

You know what, much respect to Yamato for keeping a proper supply of Valkyries. :hi:

Edited by vlenhoff

Just now, vlenhoff said:

Yeap, i was that desperate. I also used all the links you kindly provided, thanks!

I may have to hunt down a 1/48 Yammie Max TV, and paint one of my 1/48 CF into a Kakizake. My vermilion dream has once more, disintegrated. .

You are welcome.

There is always the 1/60 scale, if you really want vermilion.

20 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

You are welcome.

There is always the 1/60 scale, if you really want vermilion.

i do have a vermilion squad in Yammie 1/60, but the shoulder stories have kept them in their boxes. One day , when i reorganize my shelves, i will set them free. I think Hikkie is the one who has the weak shoulders, but as i read, they are all shoulder challenged.

I do have about 9 1/48 CF and multiple other main characters, but i never got a kakizaki or a max in that scale. Which has always been my fav scale for a VF-1 valkyrie.

Edited by vlenhoff

2 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

i do have a vermilion squad in Yammie 1/60, but the shoulder stories have kept them in their boxes. One day , when i reorganize my shelves, i will set them free. I think Hikkie is the one who has the weak shoulders, but as i read, they are all shoulder challenged.

Thank goodness for Shapeways shoulder replacements

16 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

The big question there is whether hunting down the old Yamato releases would actually be cheaper than the current prices for the DX. :huh: 

Yamato 1/48s are going pretty cheap in Japan right now and you can get any Vermillion V2 for 25,000 or less.

Edited by jenius

10 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Thank goodness for Shapeways shoulder replacements

Oh i Know, i am planing on getting some Kanzen henkei shoulder replacements(fixes).

https://www.shapeways.com/product/DV3KRQCTN/kanzen-henkei-1-60-scale-fighter-variable-hinge?optionId=3675956&li=marketplace

I  should hurry, before they quit making it, for some reason. 

Edited by vlenhoff

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

raises hand:unsure:

Hey David. Congrats on getting 3. :good:  Sorry again if my order didn't push thru and I didn't stay super late to wait for other stores. Which I think I will if Bandai announce the other Hikaru rides. :unsure:

57 minutes ago, UN Spacy said:

Are people THAT desperate?!

Depends on which people you're referring to. The sellers whose desperate to earn big bucks? Or the buyers whose desperate to get one? :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, moose said:

So is it safe to assume that bandi will make more valks and we are going to go through this everytime

Arcadia rarely has this problem.  They also seem more comfortable having their stuff available at retailers a while after release.

Bandai seems to despise shelf warmers with a blazing fury.  I don't see them changing the practice of pre-order madness anytime soon.

1 minute ago, easnoddy said:

But the DX is SO much better than Yamato 1/48...

I agree but the Yamato 1/48 has the best fighter mode in any of the transforming valks I have seen.  But of course the downside is that battroid mode looks weird.  Another thing going for the Yammies is the custom paint schemes - woodland, low vis, stealth... all very sexy!

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey David. Congrats on getting 3. :good:  Sorry again if my order didn't push thru and I didn't stay super late to wait for other stores. Which I think I will if Bandai announce the other Hikaru rides. :unsure:

no worries! at the time, i didn't have any so i was pretty bummed out. hlj amiami and cdjapan all timed out on me. 

i lucked out at the end, thanks mate for trying to help 

9 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I agree but the Yamato 1/48 has the best fighter mode in any of the transforming valks I have seen.  But of course the downside is that battroid mode looks weird.  Another thing going for the Yammies is the custom paint schemes - woodland, low vis, stealth... all very sexy!

I am very fortunate to have all the 1/48 variations with all the armors, except for Max TV, and DYRL Kaki.

This is the way the universe balances itself. No 1/48 Max TV for me.

The 1A Max and 1S were my favorites from Robotech when I was a kid. I probably liked the 1A more just because of the Max scenes. Never thought it would come this early in the DX line, if at all. I had to secure it. 

Edited by gingaio

14 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Arcadia rarely has this problem.  They also seem more comfortable having their stuff available at retailers a while after release.

Bandai seems to despise shelf warmers with a blazing fury.  I don't see them changing the practice of pre-order madness anytime soon.

I am just thinking if we could not get them there must an army of people in Japan who also missed out . I wonder what the boards are saying. I would have thought they would have judged the volume right after the first release and increased it or something . I stopped collecting bandi stuff after macross frointer partley because the designs were getting repetitive just changing the color, but more so because of this madness its hobby but this joke. I am fan not some dude looking to cash out on Ebay. And this is how bandi treats its fan base pathetic.  It's a no wander my display shelfs are getting more and more filled with hot toys stuff.

2 minutes ago, moose said:

I stopped collecting bandi stuff after macross frointer partley because the designs were getting repetitive just changing the color...

If it makes you feel better, the VF-1's are pretty much this too. Just a new head, same toy otherwise. It's why I'm going to limit myself to just a few more key valks from the TV show, if they're made. 

Also, I don't know how many more of these nights I have in me. I feel like a punch-drunk fighter in the morning.