Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

2 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

They know it's going to be a hot item and sell out fast, so what's the incentive for discounting it?

Wasn't the Hikaru a pretty much guaranteed hot seller?  And discounting it means I'm more likely to buy it from them and not some other retailer...

They can do what they want, ofc, just a bit disappointing.

4 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

It must've been promotional pricing that Bandai offered to Amiami for the 1J, which probably also attributes to why they allowed a preorder limit of 2 for 1J, when normally it is always 1.

The 1A Max is limited to 1 this time as usual. My feeling is a lower production run. and It's going to hard to secure a preorder this time.

Occam's razor, people.

3 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Wasn't the Hikaru a pretty much guaranteed hot seller?  And discounting it means I'm more likely to buy it from them and not some other retailer...

They can do what they want, ofc, just a bit disappointing.

Given the nature of Bandai preorders, people will buy it wherever they can get it, discount or not. You may not have a choice.

7 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

in before someone asks if amiami charges upfront:diablo:

:5:

5 minutes ago, ps99042 said:

After all the craziness the past few preorders, I'm just going straight to CDJ for this.  I always end up going to them after all the other sites crash when I'm on the order confirmation page.

I think amazon JP was looking good for US folks last time for hikkie's 1J....

6 minutes ago, ps99042 said:

After all the craziness the past few preorders, I'm just going straight to CDJ for this.  I always end up going to them after all the other sites crash when I'm on the order confirmation page.

Yeah but hth does anyone find the preorder listings at CDJ? I’ve never been able to get the search on that site to turn up anything until it’s too late. 

2 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

The 1/48 is just soooo big.  I don't know. It is Max, but....

since you're posting links, my's well grab one at a non payment upfront site and then donate the pre-order if you end up not wanting it. 

better than regretting since you're staying up late. 

5 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

since you're posting links, my's well grab one at a non payment upfront site and then donate the pre-order if you end up not wanting it. 

better than regretting since you're staying up late. 

I actually enjoy posting links.  If it helps MWF members secure valkyries for themselves, I am happy to do it.