Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

9 hours ago, spanner said:

I made a new gun strap!  Though this is only a prototype. Will need some refinements such as smaller rings. Initially wasn't sure about using the red colour strap but I think it suits Hikaru's Valkyrie nicely the more I look at it. 

If this gets enough positive vibes I might just start making more of them to sell.. what are you guys thoughts?

20190223_221902.jpg

20190223_221851.jpg

Looks awesome !

Other colors would be cool!

Edited by Bolt

Hey Guys, I found this site with VF-1J, but have not used them before. It seems fishy as they have 2 version of the VF-1J on their site. One for 149, and another for 249.

https://www.jpfigures.com/product/1-48-dx-chogokin-limited-edition-vf-1j-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijyo-type/

https://www.jpfigures.com/product/macross-vf-1j-valkyrie-ichijou-hikaru-machine-dx-chogokin-1-48-bandai/

Can someone tell me if this site is legit? I came late to the game, so it was either Nin-Nin or pay extra through Amazon Japan. But these sites looked too good to pass up on. Thanks.

33 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

Hey Guys, I found this site with VF-1J, but have not used them before. It seems fishy as they have 2 version of the VF-1J on their site. One for 149, and another for 249.

https://www.jpfigures.com/product/1-48-dx-chogokin-limited-edition-vf-1j-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijyo-type/

https://www.jpfigures.com/product/macross-vf-1j-valkyrie-ichijou-hikaru-machine-dx-chogokin-1-48-bandai/

Can someone tell me if this site is legit? I came late to the game, so it was either Nin-Nin or pay extra through Amazon Japan. But these sites looked too good to pass up on. Thanks.

On 1/17/2019 at 9:51 AM, ralliart209 said:

just wanted to say dont order from jpfigures dot com.  Placed an order on the 12th for the dx vf-1j and got a shipping notification a day after and email told me it will take 3-5 business days to show up on japanpost. Today it still hasnt showed up on japan post and i sent a email to them yesterday morning and still no response. Gonna have to contact paypal to get my money back. 

On 1/17/2019 at 10:31 AM, spacemanoeuvres said:

Here’s a review of jpfigures

Could not find a ton of info on them but the above is not promising. 

On 2/4/2019 at 9:47 AM, ralliart209 said:

Update on my order from JPfigures . Com. I sent 2 emails with no response so i did a claim on paypal and got a email from paypal today saying they ruled in my favor since they got no response from jpfigs and will get my money refunded. I posted on blacklist thread so yeah stay away from them.  Sucks i didnt get my dx :/. Guess all i can do is wait for a reissue, havent had no luck finding a seller from amazonjp to ship to US, not gonna pay no more than 250 bucks for one..........

Edited by no3Ljm

Thank you guys so much for helping dodge the bullet!! Now to get it at a decent price or in a trade. I did put in the wanted threads. I've always had good interactions and purchases with people on here, so I always like to check with you all first.

7 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I would grab one for sure !

Sure thing, if you wanna send me a PM we'll discuss further.

I think I'll only make a couple with what materials I have rather than trying to mass produce them.

$10 USD shipped each will cover them.

Edited by spanner

Having Starfire  Jetfire as a kid.. this is the update/reboot I've always wanted.  The feet and overall weight of the thing is kind of orgasmic.  Yamatos were a great, precise engineering feat, but this feels like a deluxe Toy on every front.

Dat nose cone though. So perfect.

d1fyuJ4.jpg

SuZJG8Y.jpg

Edited by Capedbaldy

21 minutes ago, tekering said:

You mean Jetfire?  :huh:

33144641028_c2e4cdc542_b.jpg

Ah man, I remember playing with my copy of Jetfire until the shoulders disintegrated and the arms fell of lol

Anyone remember this Autobot Air Guardian I saw on Twitter the other day :lol:

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

41 minutes ago, beatsing said:

this vf1j that had the exclusive first release stand, then is there a regular release without the stand?

No the exclusive first release is the only game in town (at the moment). 

On 2/22/2019 at 2:32 PM, F360 said:

The dx vf-1j is heavy , it’s around 2600 grams with shipping box .  So you should select EMS shipping .  I cant  log in since I forgot my password but shipping from most other stores will be around 5200 yen base on that weight .  

I see, mykombini charged me 2,595 yen for shipping...

I want to know what do you guys think about the Macross: Do You Remember Love? 1/60 Complete Transformation VE-1 ELINT Seeker Premium Finish by Arcadia.

I did preordered it, but I consider canceling it since I’m broke and it’s different scale from the only one I own. The only Macross that I own is he new DX VF-1J 1/48 and I haven’t opened it yet.

Is mixing scale really bad?

Should I wait and stick with the 1/48 scale only?

Thanks

17 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

I want to know what do you guys think about the Macross: Do You Remember Love? 1/60 Complete Transformation VE-1 ELINT Seeker Premium Finish by Arcadia.

I did preordered it, but I consider canceling it since I’m broke and it’s different scale from the only one I own. The only Macross that I own is he new DX VF-1J 1/48 and I haven’t opened it yet.

Thanks

It is essentially the same as the Yamato 1/60 VE-1, only with more tampo printing.  So if you go look at existing reviews for the Yamato version, you'll have a good idea of what you'll be getting.

As far as mixing scale goes, that is up to you.  I collect 1/60 and HMR (1/100ish), and I have the DX 1/48.  It doesn't bother me; I like them all, but some people only want one scale.  What's "good" or "bad" is up to you entirely.

I will say, if you really like the design of the VE-1, I doubt Bandai is going to make it in 1/48 scale (anything is possible, but I'd say it is unlikely), so 1/60 is your best bet any time soon.  There is also a HMR VE-1 that is still readily available, if you want to go smaller for that particular design.

18 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

Thanks

@Lockdown I myself had to sell most of my Macross collection due to a messy divorce back in 2006. I was more then upset about it. I walked away from MW at that time because it hurt once I started to get back on my feet and saw that I might have been able to keep a few more things rather then selling them.

Now that my children have become more independent and I am back in a place to start again, I to purchased the DX VF1J. This thing is amazing. The Delta collection seems amazing but I cannot at this time justify the costs. Maybe if some reissues happen I may reconsider.

I myself decided to stay away from the Arcadia line. At least for now. I have been getting the HMR 1/100 Bandai line. I have to say, they are really fun! But just those 2 lines for me, for now. Always put your financial responsibilities first. If that purchase is going to cause you some difficulty,  I would say save your money. 

Still haven't figured out how to get my old account back. Because it had been almost 13 years..maybe more. Neither here nor there though as I am happy to see MW still buzzing and teaming with life!

Rune aka Alphahorizon.

41 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

Thanks

Well, you say you're broke.

That should be the end of any discussion about it.

41 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

It is essentially the same as the Yamato 1/60 VE-1, only with more tampo printing.  So if you go look at existing reviews for the Yamato version, you'll have a good idea of what you'll be getting.

As far as mixing scale goes, that is up to you.  I collect 1/60 and HMR (1/100ish), and I have the DX 1/48.  It doesn't bother me; I like them all, but some people only want one scale.  What's "good" or "bad" is up to you entirely.

I will say, if you really like the design of the VE-1, I doubt Bandai is going to make it in 1/48 scale (anything is possible, but I'd say it is unlikely), so 1/60 is your best bet any time soon.  There is also a HMR VE-1 that is still readily available, if you want to go smaller for that particular design.

Ok thank you, I appreciate the input.

Is $227 USD,  for a 1/60 scale with super/fast pack and armor/radar accessories, a reasonable price?

I like the awkward design and the grey color of the VE-1. But the yamato VF-1J stealth (black edition) looks super cool and crazy expensive too lol!

Thanks

55 minutes ago, treatment said:

Well, you say you're broke.

That should be the end of any discussion about it.

I wonder whatever happened to that guy who posted here that he had 20-30k in CC debt, needed a new truck for work among other things; and wanted to know if he should cancel his preorders for upcoming valks. 

I hope he got his finances in order.