Jump to content

Countdown until the Shogakukun Macross Package Art Collection Book is released! 
image.png.ceb942b112c95453f3925263e118f68b.png

The countdown has finished!

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


IXTL

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

It's not true and pure unless they will include:
- Retractable Antennae
- Small manipulators for emergency repairs
- Folding Side Cover
- Integrated Intake Covers
- Rotating Cockpit with the option to slide it out on the head area in Battroid Mode.

Let me know if I miss anything. :rolleyes:
 

Heat shield that can extend in fighter mode. 

Removable nosecone that can be stowed on the arm of another VF. 

Fowler flaps on the inner wings with separate ailerons instead of one big moving flap. 

Dual arrestor hooks. 

Ab crunch. 

Geared VG wings. 

Integrated gunpod strap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Heat shield that can extend in fighter mode. 

Removable nosecone that can be stowed on the arm of another VF. 

Fowler flaps on the inner wings with separate ailerons instead of one big moving flap. 

Dual arrestor hooks. 

Ab crunch. 

Geared VG wings. 

Integrated gunpod strap. 

Double jointed knee like the elbows

Fatter cross section of the wings (more airfoil) with flush ordinance connectors

Magnets for fast pack additions instead of rectangular holes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/14/2019 at 4:42 PM, spanner said:

Possibly yes. Now that I have three of these big beauties I'm liking and finding them quite a bit more exciting toy than the 1:60 v2.. 

Will give things a little more thought of course..

And while I'm here, here's a photo of my three on display!

 

20190114_163657.jpg

I don't know how I missed this but I just noticed that the VF-1J I have in Gerwalk has the leg fins fitted back to front with the "101" markings showing towards the inner side of the legs! I was just admiring them on display and it caught my eye. Has anyone has the same issue? I had a quick scan through the thread and didn't notice it on any of the photos others have posted..

A super easy fix and a slight pose adjustment..

 

20190117_145527.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, spanner said:

I don't know how I missed this but I just noticed that the VF-1J I have in Gerwalk has the leg fins fitted back to front with the "101" markings showing towards the inner side of the legs!

Mine are all correct on my 3, but on one of mine there is a ghost image of the 101 on the inner side! It's a faint tampo 101. Very mysterious!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I opened and transformed my second one and I noticed that in Battroid mode, the wings are not straight (flat) flushed in parallel with each other.

 

Mine has that issue also.  If you look on the Amazon Japan reviews, there are some pics of a someone else's with the same problem. It may be an issue of one of the actual wings being slightly warped, vs something at the wing pivot point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

how come no one is using armpit covers, everyone's valks are so exposed. cover yourselves up:angry:

I find it unnecessary. My love of the VF-1 design started with Jetfire and seeing the chest and back fold around the nose has always been something I've really liked about the design.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, CF18 said:

I can't be the only who always attempt (usually successful) to perfect transform it.  From G to B: keep the swing bar connected, attach the hip bar to nose, don't lock the chest, disconnect the swing bar and fold it into chest, lock hip bar and chest.

 

So far, I'm only successful  with PT when going from B to F.  

F to B, tho, always a fail since the t-bar is somehow still tight to turn even after already loosening the screws a bit, and the legs-connector will always detach on me when positioning it to have a flushed connection with the nosecone-housing. 

I understand the intent and all, but it's just really becoming a very annoying chore right now to be subjected to this kind of partsforming on a DX. 

Obtw, the chest on mine is getting floaty and insecure again even with the sideboobs installed.   :5:

 

Edited by treatment
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can go from fighter to battroid as perfect transformation. I don't think I've managed to go back to fighter without the bar disconnecting. It's funny because I have the same problem as treatment but the disconnect always happens as I go to seat the hips back into the Gerwalk/fighter position. I can probably avoid this by getting the hips twisted to the PERFECT spot before getting them close to the seated position but instead I get them "close enough" and try to fine tune as I'm about to apply pressure. The moment I twist the hips for some fine tuning the bar disconnects. It's not a big deal but it means that, if I try to transform it back the other way, the legs will fall off the moment I disconnect the hips. Usually, once I know the hips are in the perfect spot, I unseat them, reattach the bar, then seat everything again. 

I really wish they had just put a screw/lock in that housing and made us unscrew it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ghostryder said:

Mine has that issue also.  If you look on the Amazon Japan reviews, there are some pics of a someone else's with the same problem. It may be an issue of one of the actual wings being slightly warped, vs something at the wing pivot point. 

Thanks for confirming it, ghostryder. Hope there's an easy way to fix it if ever it's a little bit warp. Maybe I can use a hairdryer, perhaps? 

55 minutes ago, jenius said:

*snip*

I really wish they had just put a screw/lock in that housing and made us unscrew it. 

I second to this since they already incorporated a 'tool' to remove the tab.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

just wanted to say dont order from jpfigures dot com.  Placed an order on the 12th for the dx vf-1j and got a shipping notification a day after and email told me it will take 3-5 business days to show up on japanpost. Today it still hasnt showed up on japan post and i sent a email to them yesterday morning and still no response. Gonna have to contact paypal to get my money back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ralliart209 said:

just wanted to say dont order from jpfigures dot com.  Placed an order on the 12th for the dx vf-1j and got a shipping notification a day after and email told me it will take 3-5 business days to show up on japanpost. Today it still hasnt showed up on japan post and i sent a email to them yesterday morning and still no response. Gonna have to contact paypal to get my money back. 

Sorry to hear about that.

Did you bought it on the 12th of January or December? If it's January, give atleast a week of leeway before you complain to Paypal. Just so you know, I've received a number of packages from time to time (International and Domestic) that didn't even showed up in my tracking app only to show up in my app 2 days after I received the actual package. Not all systems are 100% perfect for tracking and updates to show up instantly. We also have to consider some weather changes so sometimes there's no updates.

Anyways, if you're still not happy, you can add them along with the URL link to the Blacklist thread in the For Sale & Thread section:

But do update here and the Blacklist thread, for any decisions you're going to take so members here are aware of the said online store.

Thanks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Sorry to hear about that.

Did you bought it on the 12th of January or December? If it's January, give atleast a week of leeway before you complain to Paypal. Just so you know, I've received a number of packages from time to time (International and Domestic) that didn't even showed up in my tracking app only to show up in my app 2 days after I received the actual package. Not all systems are 100% perfect for tracking and updates to show up instantly. We also have to consider some weather changes so sometimes there's no updates.

Anyways, if you're still not happy, you can add them along with the URL link to the Blacklist thread in the For Sale & Thread section:

But do update here and the Blacklist thread, for any decisions you're going to take so members here are aware of the said online store.

Thanks.

 

Oh ok, sorry new to the site but will give it time and it was purchased jan 12th.  If it still does not show up then i will post on blacklist thread. Thank you 

Edited by ralliart209
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, ralliart209 said:

just wanted to say dont order from jpfigures dot com.  Placed an order on the 12th for the dx vf-1j and got a shipping notification a day after and email told me it will take 3-5 business days to show up on japanpost. Today it still hasnt showed up on japan post and i sent a email to them yesterday morning and still no response. Gonna have to contact paypal to get my money back. 

Very curious how this turns out. Seems to good to be true at $135 shipped. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ralliart209 said:

Oh ok, sorry new to the site but will give it time and it was purchased jan 12th.  If it still does not show up then i will post on blacklist thread. Thank you 

No apologies needed sir. We're all good here. ;)

By the way, welcome to MacrossWorld. :drinks:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It's $135 each if you're buying a quantity between 22 to 100. ^_^

It's this one, right?

https://www.jpfigures.com/product/1-48-dx-chogokin-limited-edition-vf-1j-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijyo-type/

 

Nah there’s a 10% off code for first time customers. 

Either way $300 shipped from a reputable shop or $135-$150 from jpfigures seems to good to be true (see the vid I posted). 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Nah there’s a 10% off code for first time customers. 

Either way $300 shipped from a reputable shop or $135-$150 from jpfigures seems to good to be true (see the vid I posted). 

Just saw your video post. Thanks. ^_^ 

Yeah, I already learned my lesson the hard way on that 'too good to be true' DX YF-19 prices months ago. So yeah, I guess consumer beware on JPFIGURES dot com.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...