Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Doing a quick inventory of what has been released, I think we are quite strong on the TV series, with only 2 from the movie front.
What is left on the TV side? Max & Milia VF-1J , VF-1A brown, VF-1A Kakizaki
On the Movie side we have VE-1 and VT-1, VF-1A brown, Max VF-1A, Hikaru VF-1A, Max VF-1S, and the VF-1J GBP Yellow Tip Missiles
Did I miss any?
We did see the custom colored GBPs in Max and Focker styles at the toy show a couple years ago...maybe those will be in the list?
And the Mechanic Special Clear Fast Packs

I think they'll do a VF-1A Cannon Fodder with combo TV and Movie Heads now that we are all about exchangeable parts next.
The 40th DYRL anniversary is coming next year(2024), so maybe they'll do something special for that one (VE/VT)

image.png.bedcae688650fd4d2c6a4c226f7df740.png

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Not yet @orbitalharvest in the 1/48 scale. 

Arcadia has done only the 1/60 PF VE-1 so far, 1/60 PE VT-1 is up next but unknown when it’s going to be made. Most of us will possibly in our graves if and when Bandai does a 1/48 DX VE-1 or a DX VT-1. 

hey bandai, if you're listening... with the various retooling i image would be needed, and not sure what the roi would be...  seems like dx vt-1 and ve-1 would $$$ell!

19 minutes ago, orbitalharvest said:

hey bandai, if you're listening... with the various retooling i image would be needed, and not sure what the roi would be...  seems like dx vt-1 and ve-1 would $$$ell!

Unfortunately, those two tend to be shelf-warmers, at least from past experience.  The VE-1 seems to have something of a cult following for its unique role, but both the 1/60 Yamato and HMR VT-1 really didn't make any waves.  The Yamato was easily acquired on clearance not long after it was released, and the HMR was one of the few I seemed to have no trouble getting extras of on pre-order night.

In any case, I would never expect Bandai to do anything other than a TWE release for it, if they ever do get around to it, and that's just fine with me.  But honestly, it wouldn't really surprise me if Bandai never even considered making their DX VF-1 capable of working with those design changes.  Considering how many specialized re-releases they have had to produce over the years to make their valks capable of mounting super and armor packs that they should have known people would want to buy, and yet made no attempt to design valks that would even be capable of mounting them if they were produced, they don't have the greatest track record when it comes to planning their product lines for forward-compatibility. <_< 

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

Doing a quick inventory of what has been released, I think we are quite strong on the TV series, with only 2 from the movie front.
On the Movie side we have VE-1 and VT-1, VF-1A brown, Max VF-1A, Hikaru VF-1A, Max VF-1S, and the VF-1J GBP Yellow Tip Missiles
Did I miss any?
We did see the custom colored GBPs in Max and Focker styles at the toy show a couple years ago...maybe those will be in the list?

I think they'll do a VF-1A Cannon Fodder with combo TV and Movie Heads now that we are all about exchangeable parts next.
The 40th DYRL anniversary is coming next year(2024), so maybe they'll do something special for that one (VE/VT)

Missing TV side:... VF-1D VR, alaska base (?) and what @Slave IV mentioned...cavaliers.

Also is the TV VEFR-1 different enough to warrant a seperate VE-1 release?

Missing DYRL side: seems as what you mentioned...

On the custom GBP's i would put it down as a 50/50 odds of a release. More like to get fans salivating on the DX line....
who knows...but i must say the odds seem to be better nowadays for bandai mold re-release/paint jobs compared to a decade ago...

11 hours ago, Shawn said:

Did I miss any?

Wouldn't be surprised if Bandai pulls a Alaska Base VF-1A or a VF-X out from the hat.

I would ask Bandai for a 100% TV accurate TEST VF-X tho. LOL

Screenshot_20230210-0915042.png.d22838a4edf16a3fb6780dfd232ba488.png

Edited by Froy

OT, for a sec...

Have there been any alternative manufacturing sources for 1/48 DX compatible missiles? I'd guess someone probably did 3D-printed copies (any for sale?), but was there any KO sets like Valkyrie Factory has done for 1/60 strike parts?

Like I mentioned before, non-canon it may be, but I feel like my Angel Bird should have the option. The official set is pricey, though, and something I think I'd only lay out for if I actually lost original missiles from a valk or obtained a loose valk 2nd hand.

Anyhow, was curious.

Edited by Radioguy

19 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Unfortunately, those two tend to be shelf-warmers, at least from past experience.  The VE-1 seems to have something of a cult following for its unique role, but both the 1/60 Yamato and HMR VT-1 really didn't make any waves.  The Yamato was easily acquired on clearance not long after it was released, and the HMR was one of the few I seemed to have no trouble getting extras of on pre-order night.

In any case, I would never expect Bandai to do anything other than a TWE release for it, if they ever do get around to it, and that's just fine with me.  But honestly, it wouldn't really surprise me if Bandai never even considered making their DX VF-1 capable of working with those design changes.  Considering how many specialized re-releases they have had to produce over the years to make their valks capable of mounting super and armor packs that they should have known people would want to buy, and yet made no attempt to design valks that would even be capable of mounting them if they were produced, they don't have the greatest track record when it comes to planning their product lines for forward-compatibility. <_< 

sure, there's some precedence...  i have zero metric data, but i really think the x-factor is that this would the very first dx / 1/48 scale versions.  maybe beyond 1st releases, who knows how well they'll do.  but i do think the initial batch esp the ostrich will do very well.  again, totally biased and anecdotal pov.

Got mine from nin-nin. New, sealed. They asked additional fee for shipping but actual weight is just as i paid originally. "Great" business!

I wanted this scheme for a looooong time, i like it. There is tiny scratches almost invisible, bright white plastic that will yellow quiet soon, tiny pilot (not from Focker VF-1S) and some little build defects. Overall, i'm happy

PXL_20230215_144745941.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my ass in gear and tracked down a GBP armor set. Surprising the price hadn't skyrocketed.

I need to get another Valk now. I just have the Hikaru VF-1J. I love the Bandai 1/48s but don't really feel the need to collect them all and would have to get rid of other things to make room. Angel Bird is tempting but I'd also love a brownie (which they haven't made yet right?) or a 1S. I have no idea if you can still get a 1S for retail...just looked around, that's a negative.

Edited by danth

9 hours ago, danth said:

Finally got my ass in gear and tracked down a GBP armor set. Surprising the price hadn't skyrocketed.

I need to get another Valk now. I just have the Hikaru VF-1J. I love the Bandai 1/48s but don't really feel the need to collect them all and would have to get rid of other things to make room. Angel Bird is tempting but I'd also love a brownie (which they haven't made yet right?) or a 1S. I have no idea if you can still get a 1S for retail...just looked around, that's a negative.

I've only the Angel Bird and VF-1D for DX. Yep, don't look at me. I hang my head in shame. ;)

But I sure as hell would have room for more, not to where I would buy 4 more AB's for a squadron, but a standard VF-1A/J/S, a VE-1, VT-1...well, guess I could do that AB squadron...

On 2/10/2023 at 9:16 AM, Froy said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Bandai pulls a Alaska Base VF-1A or a VF-X out from the hat.

I would ask Bandai for a 100% TV accurate TEST VF-X tho. LOL

Screenshot_20230210-0915042.png.d22838a4edf16a3fb6780dfd232ba488.png

Maybe it was: Take our daughters and sons to work day.  You know, let your kid help with the animation frames day.

On 2/9/2023 at 7:42 PM, Slave IV said:

Strike Set with clear parts and actual internal details to see?

My hope is the DYRL Max 1S or any CF.

+1 for DYRL Max, and a Miria too please & thanks. I'd also love to see a VF-0S as a 1/48 DX Chogokin, but I doubt that'll ever happen; I feel like the Hi-Metal R is the closest we'll get :(

4 minutes ago, Kinjin said:

+1 for DYRL Max, and a Miria too please & thanks. I'd also love to see a VF-0S as a 1/48 DX Chogokin, but I doubt that'll ever happen; I feel like the Hi-Metal R is the closest we'll get :(

If you would like a Bandai DX Chogokin VF-0S, I would like a VF-0D or VF-0S/A Final Battle set with the Ghost Booster! I can dream, can’t I?

Twich

15 minutes ago, twich said:

If you would like a Bandai DX Chogokin VF-0S, I would like a VF-0D or VF-0S/A Final Battle set with the Ghost Booster! I can dream, can’t I?

Twich

From your mouth to Bandai's ears!

I want Mechanic Clear Fast Pack (@$55 max) special web order, then a Cannon Fodder tan VF-1A regular release in mid year to round out the 1/48 VF-1 TV lineup.

They SHOULD have started out with a generic VF-1 template valkyrie.
You then sell chestplates and heads and ventral fins and circle thingies on the legs and tailfins.
Maybe even a little magnetic plate for the fuselage side for the 001/011/012/013 numbers or any other combo you want.
Didn't someone already do that in the Robotech toy world?

Then everyone will need to buy 6x of the same basic core valkyrie, and you then sell nothing but Livery packages.
Someone mock that up in photoshop already 😛

I mean hasegawa did the chest thingy...Bandai an follow it up and make a million of them.
I'll sacrifice the air brake gimmick to keep it simple.
image.png.48814899aa19d764fee07debedef1005.pngimage.png.85eb365fbcdd66e82990bce8c33dbc91.png

Yamato had it close with their No-Paint...its just NO ONE wants to do their decals and stickers...but PLUGIN items? Pretty sure people would be interested.

image.png.f38c0c396c9ec18aa901c640223938df.png

image.png.85c5297559bee2839bf8403374ef5871.png

image.png.b3026b148e96792b01e33c65346eaecc.png

21 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I want Mechanic Clear Fast Pack (@$55 max) special web order, then a Cannon Fodder tan VF-1A regular release in mid year to round out the 1/48 VF-1 TV lineup.

They SHOULD have started out with a generic VF-1 template valkyrie.
You then sell chestplates and heads and ventral fins and circle thingies on the legs and tailfins.
Maybe even a little magnetic plate for the fuselage side for the 001/011/012/013 numbers or any other combo you want.
Didn't someone already do that in the Robotech toy world?

Then everyone will need to buy 6x of the same basic core valkyrie, and you then sell nothing but Livery packages.
Someone mock that up in photoshop already 😛

I mean hasegawa did the chest thingy...Bandai an follow it up and make a million of them.
I'll sacrifice the air brake gimmick to keep it simple.
image.png.48814899aa19d764fee07debedef1005.pngimage.png.85eb365fbcdd66e82990bce8c33dbc91.png

Yamato had it close with their No-Paint...its just NO ONE wants to do their decals and stickers...but PLUGIN items? Pretty sure people would be interested.

image.png.f38c0c396c9ec18aa901c640223938df.png

image.png.85c5297559bee2839bf8403374ef5871.png

image.png.b3026b148e96792b01e33c65346eaecc.png

You make a compelling case@Shawn  but Burgers King , Bandai is not.:lol: And you make it sound so easy. :rolleyes: