Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I am curious as to why Bandai would not extend the clear parts to the Strike cannon and the arm missile launchers. Or even the calf covers.

Would be great to have see through covers on  everything.

Exactly....this is just a lazy copy of what Yamato already has done....Bandai should go beyond the minimum....imagine a fully detailed VF-1 with removable panels and other gimmicks....for not only the SSP...but the entire frame of the VF-1....

As of now, this will be a re-issue with some clear parts tossed in and detailed up SSP engines and leg armor...hopefully they would have the decency to also include the normal cover parts....knowing Bandai'd they will release the Special SSP set later as web exclusives

Bandai nickel-n-dime tactics for DYRL DX VF-1...

• release and sell DYRL VF-1xx via TWE with "symmetry" tail-fin numbers
  • release and sell Super/Strike Packs via TWE with non-removable/glued-in covers and stuff in extremely limited numbers.
  • re-release DYRL VF-1xxx with correct tail-fin numbers with new "Mechanic" SSPs bundle via TWE. More likely just including the separate "corrective" decals sheet like with Kakizaki release since it's even cheaper for Bandai that way...
  • re-release to re-sell Super/Strike Packs again as Mechanic Edition as TWE standalones again, with the removable covers and clear stuff
  • Both will most likely be in extremely lmited numbers yet again...

Edited by treatment

On 11/19/2022 at 12:15 PM, treatment said:

• release and sell Super/Strike Packs via TWE with non-removable/glued-in covers and stuff in extremely limited numbers.
  • re-release DYRL VF-1xxx with correct tail-fin numbers with new "Mechanic" SSPs bundle via TWE. More likely just including the separate "corrective" decals sheet like with Kakizaki release since it's even cheaper for Bandai that way...
  • re-release to re-sell Super/Strike Packs again as Mechanic Edition as TWE standalones again, with the removable covers and clear stuff

That's a whole lotta RE's RERERERERERERERERRRRR:crazy:

On 11/20/2022 at 1:15 AM, treatment said:

re-release with effect parts like missile trails and exhaust flames...and call it ver A.N.I.M.E

else bandai consider doing a PF version...

2 hours ago, Froy said:

Club M ultimate detail kit

More picuteres here

images (18).jpeg

I wonder, with all the state of the art technologies Bandai owns today, will they ever release anything as beautiful as this. And still make it transform.

Dreaming never stops at MW.

32 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

This is what the next level in "detail" for toy SSP should be...what Bandai unveiled at the recent Tamashii event has already done by Yamato....in 2 scales!....shame Bandai...you can do better!

My thoughts exactly. Even the GBP was a little step back on what Yamato delivered long ago. Tampo is nice, but why not give tampo and gimmicks at the same time?

This is a Minmay Red Dress pilot figure for your valks.  Free download here https://www.patreon.com/arbitscalemodels

This is scaled for 1/72, I hope some of you can test and let me know what scaling works for your 1/48.  An accurate rescale would be 150%, however I suggest you test 145%, 150% and 155% during the same print, and let me know if any adjustments are needed.

1215623503_Screenshot2022-11-1721_11_37.png.0faebae59d11e117c05b7311d6aa7506.png

Edited by arbit

Another accessory for your VF-1Ds and Fan Racers.   This is scaled and tested for 1/72.  The correct upscale for 1/48 would be 150%, but I have not tested.  I would also try +- 5%. Feedback appreciated on scaling if you get a fit. 

Patron Downloads here. https://www.patreon.com/arbitscalemodels

108065424_Screenshot2022-11-1716_28_46.png.d2b618dd1a92c915e81d5d47f9b7e4e6.png

1589284448_2022-11-1713_47_48.jpg.07f5f33ad7a3d3830210618975de79e4.jpg

Edited by arbit

• 3 weeks later...

Hikaru heading off to a secret mission...

One of the things I like about the DX VF-1, is how much more improved the pilot figures are over their 1/60 efforts. The molding is not only much sharper, but the paint has noticeably less bleed too. I do think it trumps Arcadia's efforts which always have the nicest pilot figures, though one can argue the DX VF-1 pilots have the benefit of being larger..

934349402_VF-1JHikaruFighterv1.0NRM2Ent.jpg.8562ef25ffea5fa9129183a9660104af.jpg

Edited by MKT

On 12/20/2022 at 1:27 PM, Chronocidal said:

I mean, of course they're better.  Bandai finally moved from 1/100 scale into 1/60. :lol: 

Now if they'd just make a 1/48 pilot for their 1/48 VF-1....

Haha wonky scaling aside, I'm just happy Bandai made the pilot figures of better quality. And now only realized that Roy's figure is a totally different mold than Hikaru's. He appears to be physically bigger as well. This another difference from others who tend to use generic mold repaints.

Roy blasting after Hikaru to provide backup..

1456269594_VF-1SRoyfighterv2NRM2Gnt.jpg.28ef572a0ce7003e08e0bdb4feb9ad5b.jpg

On 12/23/2022 at 11:35 AM, sh9000 said:

D2EBB0F3-BFAC-447C-9DBA-AA253CD4E845.jpeg.34e4b22d29379344df469442b1dca48c.jpeg

Looking back on this pose, I must have used the Bandai promo pic as reference instead of Tenjin's art.  I just finished doing the pose over again and I'm happy with it.  I'll post it later.

Isn’t this Tenjin art from the Macross Chronicles.

Looking good!

13 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Isn’t this Tenjin art from the Macross Chronicles.

Looking good!

Thanks.  Yes but Tenjin's art has some slight differences in the pose.  I'll post an updated one in the Strike a Pose thread.

• 2 weeks later...