Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

45 minutes ago, borgified said:

Now the next question for @twich.. Are you going to stop at the DX 1j & GBP combo after getting it or are you going to get more if your funds allow you to? You know that we’re all enablers here and we want to see your diversity of DX VF-1 valks to grow in size. :D

I'm pretty sure he's going beyond the GBP. It's inevitable. :spiteful:

I would certainly want to, but time and price will tell.  I am getting this as a birthday present from the wife, but ordered it myself because she can’t stand Japanese websites.  Thanks everyone!

Twich

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Astralith said:

😎

image0 (6).jpeg

Great posing and nice angle!:lol: Comparing with the still shot from the movie, wish it had a shoulder pivot up and down and out. fairly complicated to achieve though considering the construction around transformation I suppose..

Edited by Angesdad

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

The pose is close due to limitations in the toy but the DX would need additional articulation in the arms for the position of the arms, shoulders, and gunpod to be exact.

I think the KC implemented a joint like that on the newer versions, makes you wonder if they’ll ever release a DYRL 1S in that line 🤔

Edited by Astralith

1 hour ago, Angesdad said:

Great posing and nice angle!:lol: Comparing with the still shot from the movie, wish it had a shoulder pivot up and down and out. fairly complicated to achieve though considering the construction around transformation I suppose..

Thanks, I’m thinking about getting into toy photography at some point. Just need proper equipment 😅

1 hour ago, Astralith said:

I think the KC implemented a joint like that on the newer versions, makes you wonder if they’ll ever release a DYRL 1S in that line 🤔

On 12/17/2019 at 3:43 AM, sh9000 said:

06D86EB6-7904-4C53-9B3F-738999FD380B.png.080d4cc45a6c616ffcfd50cc1299cacd.png

Some day this pose can be exactly achieved in toy form.

Someday this pose can be exactly achieved in toy form.

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Love the pose, @Astralith. :good: 

Did you use tack on the Strike Cannon to have turn it that way?

Kind of yeah! I used double-sided tape. What's funny is that I sat there for a while fiddling with it, trying to get the gunpod and the head lasers to line up with the strike cannon. But then I realized that the strike cannon actually is rotated slightly in the animation. 

I wish we could get strike parts with a ball-jointed cannon, that would make since practically in-universe and help with playability.     

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ShadowerV2 said:

Does this mean they will reissue the VF-1S Hikaru or is it just a set of clear strike / super parts?

As the card specifies "Strike Valkyrie" this could be a bundle, like the reissued VF-1J with the GBP.

3 hours ago, Chunky001 said:

If they do one it would finish Vermilion Squadron. And since it against Bandai's core business principles to finish sets/squads it won't happen. Actually according to Japanese lore if Bandai finishes a set/squad the entire company will be spaghettified and sucked into an alternate dimension through a spontaneous black hole. I don't think they're ready to take that risk.

Do you mean Skull Squadron since I mentioned Hikaru's VF-1A? ;)  Assuming they do release Hikaru's DX Super VF-1A, all the squadrons (Vermillion and Skull) are still not finish. For Vermillion, they haven't made Kakizaki VF-1A. For Skull, there's no Max VF-1A and Hikaru VF-1A. So Bandai is still safe to get sucked to the black hole if they released Hikaru's Super VF-1A and hold back with Max's Super VF-1A. Right? :spiteful:

40 minutes ago, MKT said:

Why do I feel Bandai intentionally half-assed the original Strike parts so they can release this to milk us? :p

"Milking" would imply they actually intend to make enough of these to lure buyers in. :lol: 

Happily, I could not give less of a crap about these parts.

1 minute ago, Duymon said:

a lot of us who got screwed out of fast packs by NY might pick these up as an alternative to movie packs on the aftermarket :o

Yup. Still don't have any Bandai DX fast packs due to NY.

However if this release doesn't come with opaque parts for both sides I'll be skipping. 

5 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

If these are specific to Hikaru, per label. Does this mean the skull insignia is affixed permanently and now no longer have the ability to switch out to another USE? 

Early to tell. Bandai might do it permanently. Or it still going to be the same since they probably just replaced the whole interior with a complete mechanical detail. Keeping the blue plastic housing part intact where the insignia attaches.