Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

31 minutes ago, orbitalharvest said:

no kiddin'...  i'll pick up any dx vf-1  

as an aside, what do you guys think the odds of dx versions of the elintseeker and/or super ostrich actually ever happening?  was there ever any news or speculation to fume about?

I think it going to be pbandai from the pattern they releasing.

19 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, since they did the D, they have the 2-seater mold already, but yeah P-Bandai/TWE.

That would still require a different mold, no?  The VT-1/VE-1 have the stepped style tandem seating

Pattern thus far (for original Macross) has looked like this, barring any sneaky/exclusive re-releases:

Wave 1
Hikaru VF-1J TV
Missiles
Max VF-1A TV
Wave 2
Hikaru VF-1S Movie
SSP Movie
Kakizaki VF-1A Movie
Wave 3
Roy VF-1S TV
Super Parts TV
VF-1D TV
Wave 4
GBP
Hikaru VF-1J w/ GBP

My money would be on a Max VF-1A DYRL? as the MOST likely candidate.  Particularly since they teased one when they released the original SSPs.

Edited by Draykov
expanded upon original post

51 minutes ago, Draykov said:

My money would be on a Max VF-1A DYRL? as the MOST likely candidate.  Particularly since they teased one when they released the original SSPs.

Both Max's and Hikaru's VF-1A were both teased with the Super Packs on. ;) 

27 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i want weathered max 1a or 1s

bandai ever do weathered valks? they  probably won't do it

14 minutes ago, borgified said:

Do you want Bandai to be another Arcadia and charge you 3x the amount for a Weathered valk @davidwhangchoi:shok:

No need to pay 3x. Dip it in mud. Once it dries, topcoat it. ;) 

Phhhttt.. David’s got enough cash to pay off a complete brand spanking new Greedy, Enkei, BBS, Turbocharge, Endless, Brembo, Cross  Drilled Rotors, Braided Stainless Steel Brake line with DOT 3 Brake Fluid, LSD Differential, All Time Four Wheel Drive RB26DETT. :lol:

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

No need to pay 3x. Dip it in mud. Once it dries, topcoat it. ;) 

6 hours ago, borgified said:

Phhhttt.. David’s got enough cash to pay off a complete brand spanking new Greedy, Enkei, BBS, Turbocharge, Endless, Brembo, Cross  Drilled Rotors, Braided Stainless Steel Brake line with DOT 3 Brake Fluid, LSD Differential, All Time Four Wheel Drive RB26DETT. :lol:

:lol:

15 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

VF-1A Cannon Fodder is still on my wish list.

It's on mine too! First position actually! I do have one concern though...Bandai is probably going to print the number of the aircraft(well, the variable fighter) pretty much all over the piece...that would make it kinda weird to have more than in your collection. I hope bandai finds a way to give us some freedom and let us choose to apply different numbers to every single VF.

12 minutes ago, Robin-11 said:

It's on mine too! First position actually! I do have one concern though...Bandai is probably going to print the number of the aircraft(well, the variable fighter) pretty much all over the piece...that would make it kinda weird to have more than in your collection. I hope bandai finds a way to give us some freedom and let us choose to apply different numbers to every single VF.

Maybe they can do the same thing like what they provided with Kakizaki's DYRL VF-1A. A modex number stickers sheet. Who knows, maybe this time instead of a sticker, it's waterslide decal. ;) 

But then, this is Bandai we're talking about. They're predictably unpredictable. :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

But then, this is Bandai we're talking about. They're predictably unpredictable. :rolleyes:

The only guarantee is that whatever decision they make, it won't make sense to anyone but Bandai. :p 

Seriously, I just picture this as Bandai's executives when someone comes to them with a problem to solve:

"What, fix our backwards modexes before release?  No.. that would make too much sense.. I KNOW!  WE'LL MAKE ALL THE OTHER ONES BACKWARDS TO MATCH!"

"And we can even include extra stickers for people who want them all to be wrong!"

"BRILLIANT!!!"

Edited by Chronocidal

2 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

No worries there. Bandai has given us optional numbering decal sheet before for mass production models. They'd leave it out so that you choose what number. An example comes to mind is the GFFMC green Zaku II. 

44 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

No worries there. Bandai has given us optional numbering decal sheet before for mass production models. They'd leave it out so that you choose what number. An example comes to mind is the GFFMC green Zaku II. 

Yeah. But the example is Gundam. They should've done that atleast with the Nightmare and Kairos. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Yeah. But the example is Gundam. They should've done that atleast with the Nightmare and Kairos. :rolleyes:

Exactly. I don't remember Bandai ever doing something like this for a Macross toy....what about the CF VF-25 from Macross frontier? 

22 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Both Max's and Hikaru's VF-1A were both teased with the Super Packs on. ;) 

I keep forgetting Bandai hasn't released a DX Hikaru VF-1A yet.  That seem as likely as the Max if not more so. 

On 3/31/2022 at 4:51 PM, no3Ljm said:

Bandai did a new version of the VF-17? Last I heard, Yamato/ Arcadia had done one. O.o

(kinda out of the loop here)

8 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Bandai did a new version of the VF-17? Last I heard, Yamato/ Arcadia had done one. O.o

(kinda out of the loop here)

If you re-read the whole conversation, we're talking about Bandai's inserting modex sticker sheet for cannon fodders. That's why I said they should've done that with Nightmare (VF-171) and Kairos (VF-31A). :hi:

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

If you re-read the whole conversation, we're talking about Bandai's inserting modex sticker sheet for cannon fodders. That's why I said they should've done that with Nightmare (VF-171) and Kairos (VF-31A). :hi:

Ah, gotcha; I missed that part. At my age, it's everything I can do to remember where I put my glasses last!

14 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Ah, gotcha; I missed that part. At my age, it's everything I can do to remember where I put my glasses last!

My solution is to have five pairs.8)

I use the same logic for utility knives, tape measures, Sharpies and flashlights.:D