Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

50 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Sorry to hear about that.

What you can do probably is to recast your upcoming TV Part set in case you want to display it both at the same time. Hope that helps.

Sorry I meant stand adapter where I wrote stand :)

I don’t really like the TV strike parts that much to be honest, so I’d rather not buy them just for the stand.  The person I got these parts from is helping me out, which is really appreciated.  

Up until now I’ve been really lucky with my VFs…no loose joints or issues.

15 minutes ago, Digitalfiend said:

Sorry I meant stand adapter where I wrote stand :)

I don’t really like the TV strike parts that much to be honest, so I’d rather not buy them just for the stand.  The person I got these parts from is helping me out, which is really appreciated.  

Up until now I’ve been really lucky with my VFs…no loose joints or issues.

Nice! :good: 

16 minutes ago, betocc said:

Does someone knows if a new batch for the Super Strike Parts Movie Edition was released? Yahoo Auctions Japan is flooded with listings.

Maybe people who've been hoarding them are finally unloading.  Probably the guys who use Bots to make online purchases.

1 minute ago, Chronocidal said:

That's a curious thing, how are the prices trending for them?

A few weeks ago they were around 18,000 - 20,000 yen like Mandarake current price but now they are around 12,000 -14,000 yen, it is a good moment to get one of those. It is just weird everybody is selling them right now, I didn't hear of of a new release.

On yahoo shopping, a few days ago I kept seeing strike parts listed for about 13000 yen with 'feb delivery' which made no sense..so Ii bought one as a test and ithe transaction completed to my surprise.

There is nothing posted on Tamashi....but yeah, I think bandai either found a pallet in their warehouse, or they did a quiet re-release, as they are now flooding YJ at 13000-14000 yen.
Same for some sv-262 lil drakken sets..seeing more of those up at 13000ish too (finally bought one at that price)

So not complaining, but I'd jump on those if you get a chance and missed out before.

yeah-its got to at least both of those...this auction even sells them both which is an odd combo
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u1037924699

Now I  regret selling my damaged 262! could have just overed it up with the leg missile packs 😛

now seeing missiles too..maybe bandai is prepping the market for the next valkyrie release...so suspect it might will be the movie versoin of something

In many of the auctions I see stated some variation of "It was won by lottery of Premium Bandai."

Here is the lil drakken info, so suspect there is a VF-1 version out there somewhere

https://hobby.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1379466.html

Lineup items include "DX Chogokin VF-31F Lil Draken Set for Siegfried", "DX Chogokin Sv-262Hs Draken III (Keith Aero Windermere) Lil Draken & Missile Pod", "DX Chogokin" There are three types of "Super Parts Set for VF-31C Siegfried (Mirage Farina Genus Machine)".

doh...too fast!
https://hobby.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1379453.html

BANDAI SPIRITS will sell two types of DX superalloys from the "Macross" series by lottery on the online shopping site "Premium Bandai". Both will be sold by lottery from 11:00 on January 21st to 23:00 on 27th, and the price is 4,070 yen for the "DX Chogokin VF-1 Compatible Missile Set" and the "DX Chogokin Movie Version VF-1 Compatible Strike /" "Super Parts Set" is 8,800 yen.

The lottery sale will be carried out from "Super Dimension Fortress Macross" to "DX Chogokin VF-1" compatible missile set. It is an item that can reproduce the AMM-1 missile equipment specifications that appeared in the opening and the play, and a large anti-ship reaction bullet and a micro missile pod are set.

On the other hand, "DX Chogokin Movie Version VF-1 Compatible Strike / Super Parts Set" is an item linked to the VF-1 series. This can reproduce the strike Valkyrie by combining with "DX Chogokin Movie version VF-1S Valkyrie (Ichijo Kaiki)". In addition to the strike pack set, the HMMP-02 micro missile pod, 4 types of skull mark parts, etc. are included in the set.

Maybe we should start watching this for some news in the future....it was apparently posted in Jan
https://hobby.watch.impress.co.jp/category/figure/chogokin/

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

doh...too fast!
https://hobby.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1379453.html

BANDAI SPIRITS will sell two types of DX superalloys from the "Macross" series by lottery on the online shopping site "Premium Bandai". Both will be sold by lottery from 11:00 on January 21st to 23:00 on 27th, and the price is 4,070 yen for the "DX Chogokin VF-1 Compatible Missile Set" and the "DX Chogokin Movie Version VF-1 Compatible Strike /" "Super Parts Set" is 8,800 yen.

The lottery sale will be carried out from "Super Dimension Fortress Macross" to "DX Chogokin VF-1" compatible missile set. It is an item that can reproduce the AMM-1 missile equipment specifications that appeared in the opening and the play, and a large anti-ship reaction bullet and a micro missile pod are set.

On the other hand, "DX Chogokin Movie Version VF-1 Compatible Strike / Super Parts Set" is an item linked to the VF-1 series. This can reproduce the strike Valkyrie by combining with "DX Chogokin Movie version VF-1S Valkyrie (Ichijo Kaiki)". In addition to the strike pack set, the HMMP-02 micro missile pod, 4 types of skull mark parts, etc. are included in the set.

Thanks for the info!

Now we are just paying 5,000 yen more than retail price instead of 10,000 yen :) That´s a big deal :D 

Sheesh.. yeah, suppose if they're offering them by lottery only, they must have found extra stock somewhere, or something.

I'd actually be curious to see how their sales for the VF-1J/GBP-1 bundle went, and whether that could be influencing their thoughts on selling bundles in the future.  I think that was the first time since the v.1 VF-25 that they've offered any sort of valk+armor bundle?*

*That's not counting the VF-27 bundle (which was never released separately), or the YF-29 Alto re-release (since the YF-29 parts were so utterly insignificant, they should never have been separate in the first place).

Jeez. Seems like a lot of effort for lottery winners to be limited to one set and still find it's worth getting one to scalp. What are they making? $50?  I'd wager if they clocked the exact amount of time it took them to enter the lottery. Follow up on it. Receive the package. List the item. Deal with the sale. Ship the item.  And most importantly incur the risk of it getting damaged in shipping and having to deal with that.. They would have made more money going to work for the same amount of time.

If they had 8+ sets you amortize your effort/risk and it makes more sense.

Time is money.

When they were selling for 19000 yen 1 weeks ago it made sense, now not so much at 12000-13000 since the market got resaturated.
Maybe you could put in a unique CC# for each 'entry' or something to get around the limitation, but yeah..with just one now are getting a couple decent lunches out of it when everything is done.

3 minutes ago, Shawn said:

When they were selling for 19000 yen 1 weeks ago it made sense, now not so much at 12000-13000 since the market got resaturated.
Maybe you could put in a unique CC# for each 'entry' or something to get around the limitation, but yeah..with just one now are getting a couple decent lunches out of it when everything is done.

IIRC you need a unique (japanese) phone number for each P-Bandai account, which also requires ID.

11 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

IIRC you need a unique (japanese) phone number for each P-Bandai account, which also requires ID.

Who knows how advanced some of these scalpers are. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to have a bunch of burners or even more than one number per phone.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Angesdad said:

Nice. I gotta admit all my DX VF-1's gettin' no love right now all boxed up in the dark collecting dust. BANDAI REKINDLE MY FIRE...with the same toy...again.:rolleyes:

no kiddin'...  i'll pick up any dx vf-1  

as an aside, what do you guys think the odds of dx versions of the elintseeker and/or super ostrich actually ever happening?  was there ever any news or speculation to fume about?