Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

6 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I do it for the thrill.  My wife thinks it’s her order, but BAMMMM…it’s mine.

My wife tried to discourage my collecting by starting to order stuff from overseas as well (mostly yarn for her knitting projects, which can be surprisingly expensive). I was like, "excellent, now UPS/FedEx/DHL has *two* reasons to come to our house!" She was not amused. End result is that she now has some really nice-looking sweaters and blankets and I have even more valks.

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

My wife tried to discourage my collecting by starting to order stuff from overseas as well (mostly yarn for her knitting projects, which can be surprisingly expensive). I was like, "excellent, now UPS/FedEx/DHL has *two* reasons to come to our house!" She was not amused. End result is that she now has some really nice-looking sweaters and blankets and I have even more valks.

LOL you're most certainly a glass half full kind of person.

3 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Did the wife started on doing some UNSpacy Kite pattern sweaters for you? Or any Valk-related patterns? That would be awesome. ;) 

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

He's an engineer. He's a "Someone designed that glass to be twice as big as it needs to be" kind of person.:D

:lol: I can relate.  I'm a mechanical engineer.  Though honestly prefer civil engineering.  I chose the wrong discipline LOL.

8 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

LOL you're most certainly a glass half full kind of person.

In the face of Bandai's manufacturing and distribution decisions for Macross, it's the only way I stay sane

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

He's an engineer. He's a "Someone designed that glass to be twice as big as it needs to be" kind of person.:D

he's right you know - Morgan Freeman He's Right You Know | Meme Generator

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Did the wife started on doing some UNSpacy Kite pattern sweaters for you? Or any Valk-related patterns? That would be awesome. ;) 

I've been trying to get her to do that for a few years now. I'm slowly wearing her down. Soon now. Soon....

13 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Get her to knit the zentradi jacket for your vf-1 max valk.
Or ask her to teach you to knit it. Do things together. 🥰🤪

Seems there is quite a number of relationship advice in this forum lately. 

Probably its just me. 😄

9 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

Our wallets are probably ok with the slowness of releases now though.😁

A small part of me is kinda okay with the Sheryl and Ranka microphone releases in June because it does give our wallets a break (seriously...who wants those?), but only a small part. I want more DX valks as soon as possible. And more HM-R releases like the remaining Destroids and enemy mecha.

27 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

A small part of me is kinda okay with the Sheryl and Ranka microphone releases in June because it does give our wallets a break (seriously...who wants those?), but only a small part. I want more DX valks as soon as possible. And more HM-R releases like the remaining Destroids and enemy mecha.

I'd like the release schedule to be double what it is now. It will still be forever before we get the main VF-1's. 

On 2/2/2022 at 1:32 PM, sqidd said:

Oh, I don't mind her thinking I'm goofy because I buy toys (she doesn't though). If she gave me flack about the money front..........buh bye!;)

And yeah, compared to my decade of roadracing motorcycles toys are NOTHING in comparison. A racing season was $150K+. Even if you include my new hobby of riding supper Gucci mountain bikes........still not close!:rofl:

Don’t you have a Lamborghini - or am I thinking of someone else?

Hi guys, not sure whether it’s already covered in this thread but do hear me out:

I recently decided to do some cleaning on my DX VF-1 line and wanted to remove the strike/fast pack attached to my VF-1S Hikaru. When trying to remove the arm armor clips I had some difficulty removing it, even with a bit of wobbling, with fear of breaking the armor clips holding the armor and and arm.

I had bad experience breaking the Yamato 1/48 arm armor piece so just want to check with you guys as to how best to remove the arm armor part on my DX VF-1S.

Thanks in advance!

15 hours ago, Kanzaki said:

Hi guys, not sure whether it’s already covered in this thread but do hear me out:

I recently decided to do some cleaning on my DX VF-1 line and wanted to remove the strike/fast pack attached to my VF-1S Hikaru. When trying to remove the arm armor clips I had some difficulty removing it, even with a bit of wobbling, with fear of breaking the armor clips holding the armor and and arm.

I had bad experience breaking the Yamato 1/48 arm armor piece so just want to check with you guys as to how best to remove the arm armor part on my DX VF-1S.

Thanks in advance!

I don't have a Yamato 1/48 Valkyrie but seeing that the DX Arm armor is the same as how the Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 were built, the way of removing it is basically by wobbling one side, kind of un-snapping it. The tolerance of the DX and the Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 armor clips are higher than the previous 1/48 model due to the clips are a separate plastic part than the armor itself. It's kind of a bracket. Whereas on the 1/48, it's part of the side armor mold. So the chances of getting it snapped is higher than the latter models.

Here's a comparison pic from @jenius' Anymoon website showing the armor parts. Hope that helps.

Bandai-DX-Strike-Parts-10-1.jpg

19 hours ago, Kanzaki said:

Thanks in advance!

You have to remove them the same way as the Yammies.

The Yammies are getting fragile. They're up to about 20yrs old now, I've had one break. Never had an issue with the DX's.

1 hour ago, Froy said:

Got curious about this. Just tried removing them from my Fockker. No issues. 

I remember having trouble back then with the 1/48 Yammies. 

DX is way easier, or is just my copy.

Thanks for the video Froy! Guess i just need to move on from my bad experience with the 1/48 yammies. Will try it out later after work!

44 minutes ago, Kanzaki said:

Thanks for the video Froy! Guess i just need to move on from my bad experience with the 1/48 yammies. Will try it out later after work!

That is also same as Yamato/Arcadia's 1/60. Like I mentioned above, Yamato's 1/48 has a big chance of snapping due to how the armor was made. Where the DX and the 1/60 is not, since the part is a bracket. So the tolerance are higher. Anyways, good luck.

47 minutes ago, Kanzaki said:

I haven't looked at them in a while, but the tab on one side might be angled to let the pack rock one direction easier?  I might be thinking of one of the Yamato versions, wither 1/48 or 1/60.  I remember sometimes having to pry up one side with something like a guitar pick back in the day.

Edited by Chronocidal

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That is also same as Yamato/Arcadia's 1/60. Like I mentioned above, Yamato's 1/48 has a big chance of snapping due to how the armor was made. Where the DX and the 1/60 is not, since the part is a bracket. So the tolerance are higher. Anyways, good luck.

Hi no3Ljm, thanks for the details. After my experience with Yammies' 1/48, i normally unscrew the screws holding the arm armors and loosen the bracket, so its easier to just detach them. However the DX VF-1 line are glued together not being held by screws, hence my concerns. 

Hey guys, I got my Strike Parts today and while the armour parts themselves are good, I discovered that one half of the flight stand is misformed and the tab on top broken.  It looks like it must have come out of the mold that way as there is no deformation in the plastic packaging and no bits of plastic in there. Both the Bandai shipping box and the inner product box it came in were pristine and sealed. So not a shipping issue.

This obviously prevents me from displaying the VF in fighter mode with the armour.  I doubt there is anyway I can ask Bandai to send me a replacement.  Any suggestions?

Rhr4YAc.jpg

rbrE5dz.jpg

I might be able to heat the plastic and bend it into shape but then the VF will only be held by one tab.  I could possibly cannibalize part of another mount and try gluing the upper arm onto this defective one.

Alternatively, I assume the TV strike parts (which I don’t have yet) come with the same flight stand?  If so, I guess I could buy TV strike parts and use the stand from that set.

Not the end of the world, just bad luck. :(

Edited by Digitalfiend

27 minutes ago, Digitalfiend said:

*snip*

I might be able to heat the plastic and bend it into shape but then the VF will only be held by one tab.  I could possibly cannibalize part of another mount and try gluing the upper arm onto this defective one.

Alternatively, I assume the TV strike parts (which I don’t have yet) come with the same flight stand?  If so, I guess I could buy TV strike parts and use the stand from that set.

Not the end of the world, just bad luck. :(

Sorry to hear about that.

I believe the cradle stand adapters from both sets are the same. Just so you know that these sets doesn't come with stand. They only comes with stand adapters. The stand came with the VF-1's.

What you can do probably is to recast your upcoming TV Part set in case you want to display it both at the same time. Hope that helps.