Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

I'm actually hoping we get a bit of a break for the VF-1s because it's been an expensive year. But I would still like TV Max & Miria VF-1Js and a TV Kaki.....pretty soonish.... I originally planned to get the movie Skull squad, but after getting the TV Roy and 1D I'm hooked on the TV versions now. I like the variety of colours.

On 10/11/2021 at 8:34 PM, rsvictor1976 said:

I broke one of the hands on my VF-1J Trainer. The ball joint was too tight and when I tried to twist it, it ripped off. Is there anyone selling replacements? Maybe 3D printed replicas?

20211011_171701.jpg

I'm a little late to the game here.. but it looks like that fist has a removeable rectangular part with the connector on (now broken off) it. Do any of the fists you like less have the same part and you could carefully cut it out and swap in a non broken one? I'd answer myself but i don't have a set of non-tv sets handy they are all in the storage room in box

1 minute ago, lavinrac said:

I'm a little late to the game here.. but it looks like that fist has a removeable rectangular part with the connector on (now broken off) it. Do any of the fists you like less have the same part and you could carefully cut it out and swap in a non broken one? I'd answer myself but i don't have a set of non-tv sets handy they are all in the storage room in box

Update.. I dragged it out of storage.. The hands do all have an insert piece. but they are slightly different sizes. If you don't mind a little shimming with some plastic sheet styrene sheets, (pla plate for gundam'ers out there) and you dont mind using one of your other many valk hands as a donor... this might be the best way to get a truly 'sturdy' solution.  see pic...

IMG_1742.jpg.a2981021b52a6c744d404714deee514a.jpg

1 minute ago, lavinrac said:

Update.. I dragged it out of storage.. The hands do all have an insert piece. but they are slightly different sizes. If you don't mind a little shimming with some plastic sheet styrene sheets, (pla plate for gundam'ers out there) and you dont mind using one of your other many valk hands as a donor... this might be the best way to get a truly 'sturdy' solution.  see pic...

IMG_1742.jpg.a2981021b52a6c744d404714deee514a.jpg

I'd second this, soak that movie hand in googone for a day or so, pull it apart, and dremmel out an area on the TV hand to fit the Movie hand block, then glue it using plastic welding superglue.  Alternately you could try as has been suggested before, and us a VERY small screw to remove the ball from the arm socket,  then use plastic welding superglue to glue the ball back on the broken hand, once it's thoroughly set, drill a VERY small hole through the ball into the hand and place a screw or rod joining the two pieces. 

In the beginning I had laid out the DX VF-1s that I planned to collect, but I know once Bandai show off the 1J Max and Milia promo pics desire will kick in and they’ll be added to the want list.

I can imagine promo shots from Bandai like this:

image.png.14eb2c7de5f8f37e461db0a431978114.png

image.png.3d8d3070f815800997aae4aaa41fc1cc.png

image.png.c9d9d1fdd22960b5d59e55072969ee83.png

On 10/20/2021 at 8:32 PM, ValkAddict said:

^ Famous last words. LOL. Once you get one, you'll get sucked into the valkyrie collecting vortex ....

No kidding, 2 years ago I was valk less, except for a few chunky monkeys I picked up 20 years ago, now I think I'm just short a few DX releases.

Edited by weiser21

14 hours ago, Paco Grande said:

I'm actually hoping we get a bit of a break for the VF-1s because it's been an expensive year. But I would still like TV Max & Miria VF-1Js and a TV Kaki.....pretty soonish.... I originally planned to get the movie Skull squad, but after getting the TV Roy and 1D I'm hooked on the TV versions now. I like the variety of colours.

You hit the nail on the head, on the variety of valk (or even every mecha) colors in SDFM. That had a big impression on me.

On the wait, i wouldnt mind a brownie release next.

If Bandai could turn the 1/48 VF-1 into a christmas release valk only, I thk that would be a nice change....sort of having that special VF-1 expectation every year end..

that would be setting up a whole new generation of christmas valks under the tree....

......or the same christmas picture but now with grown women/men opening presents...🤣😂

Edited by seti88

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

You hit the nail on the head, on the variety of valk (or even every mecha) colors in SDFM. That had a big impression on me.

On the wait, i wouldnt mind a brownie release next.

If Bandai could turn the 1/48 VF-1 into a christmas release valk only, I thk that would be a nice change....sort of having that special VF-1 expectation every year end..

that would be setting up a whole new generation of christmas valks under the tree....

......or the same christmas picture but now with grown women/men opening presents...🤣😂

Valentines Day Valk?

34 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Valentines Day Valk?

haha...giving or receiving? :rolleyes: can only think of 1 valk that has a romantic theme..😁

but to that special someone, who gifts valentines day valks........remember to tell her/him abt your b'day and anniversary day's too.🤣

🥰🥰 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Angesdad said:

I was browsing Kijiji for any good local finds and came across probably “the LEK custom Jetfire” featured on Youtube a few weeks back for $2k :ohmy:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/mississauga-peel-region/macross-chogokin-vf-1s-custom-cell-shaded-transformers-jetfire/1592542920

That's a beautiful custom.  Wish I could spare that kind of cash but it's too rich for me.

18 minutes ago, sqidd said:

$750 plus the figure. So still optimistic.........................by about $750.:p

Yeah I'd consider paying about $650-$700 altogether figure included because I can respect the amount of time the artist spent painting it but that's where my limit would be and that's only if I was totally in love with it.  

It's in CAD so around 1.6K USD. $750 for the work plus cost of purchasing the Valk and strike pack plus shipping and duties to Canada. If for argument's sake everything cost at retail and Canadian duties/taxes were assessed which seems to be unavoidable for the most part in that country: $240 for the VF-1S shipped + $110 for the SSP shipped + Canadian duties/taxes which I don't know how much would that be but I'll put it down to $40 total + shipping cost to LEK + shipping cost going back. Not sure if the final product going back to Canada is assessed again for duties/tax. It's 1.1K USD without any of the duties/tax and shipping cost to and from LEK. It might be 300-400 USD additional. You don't have to wait 2 years as well.

5 hours ago, crackpot said:

It's in CAD so around 1.6K USD. $750 for the work plus cost of purchasing the Valk and strike pack plus shipping and duties to Canada. If for argument's sake everything cost at retail and Canadian duties/taxes were assessed which seems to be unavoidable for the most part in that country: $240 for the VF-1S shipped + $110 for the SSP shipped + Canadian duties/taxes which I don't know how much would that be but I'll put it down to $40 total + shipping cost to LEK + shipping cost going back. Not sure if the final product going back to Canada is assessed again for duties/tax. It's 1.1K USD without any of the duties/tax and shipping cost to and from LEK. It might be 300-400 USD additional. You don't have to wait 2 years as well.

I didn't notice it was in Canadian. That's different math for sure.

I’ll give you a hint @sqidd as I’m also a Canuckle Head.. 

Usually any listings that is on kijiji/Craigslist or any web listing that has a .ca on the end, it’s most likely that it’s from Canada. 

On a side note, I had a hunch that you will be possibly interested in it. 

48 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Not exactly optimistic. But "in the realm of possibility".

I messaged him. He won't ship it, so it's a non starter.

I think he better ship it to your door 'cause not everyone can cough up 2k, LEK or LED, not in this economy. The inflation has hit us up here in Canuckland like a b@#$%.

1 minute ago, Angesdad said:

I think he better ship it to your door 'cause not everyone can cough up 2k, LEK or LED, not in this economy. The inflation has hit us up here in Canuckland like a b@#$%.

I was thinking the same thing. There probably isn't a big demand for a $2K CAD Jetfire locally. Heck, there probably isn't a big demand if you include the whole world. There are only a few dummies like me.:fool:

8 hours ago, That one dude said:

What do you guys think, Official overseas sales announcement?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CV4lBftL1N6/
image.png.77bd9996b7a8c5089b882fafbc746f03.png

If 'special guests' means people from HG and Bandai announcing stuff together, why not?

I really do want to be positive about the current situation of the dealings. But still at this point, I'm not putting my hopes up. I'm taking it as it goes.

37 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

If 'special guests' means people from HG and Bandai announcing stuff together, why not?

I really do want to be positive about the current situation of the dealings. But still at this point, I'm not putting my hopes up. I'm taking it as it goes.

I don't see it changing much for those of us in North America. Even if Bandai starts selling directly to us it will still be PO madness.

On 10/21/2021 at 6:56 AM, lavinrac said:

Same.. i intended to be very selective. But max is arriving tomorrow which means I’ll have all but kakizaki dyrl

it does help the wallet that the releases seem like 6 months apart   

I just bought a 2nd Roy. Six month releases didn't stop the buying. 

Help.  Where's the stop buying button.  🥺

23 minutes ago, crackpot said:

The bosses are POing also.

That's very true. I'm a boss and I participate in PO Madness. I'd much rather not do that during the middle of the night. Happy to knock off a bit early and fire up my browser at 4pm local time instead of 4pm Japan time.

There really isn't a PO madness in the US for regular Bandai releases through retailers. They go up on random times so you're not camping in front of the computer waiting for 4PM, 12 midnight, or 3AM. Stores just announce on their social media it's up and access is not bogged down like Amiami. PO is much smoother here. Get in, get out, 5 minutes tops.