Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

10 hours ago, eggy99 said:

We all know that Bandai have a penchant for Hikaru, and based on 2 straight Hikaru releases I’m going to speculate it will be more Hikaru 😂

VF-1S TV Hikaru with Super Pack bundle TWE 

VF-1A DYRL Hikaru

VF-1J TV Trainer with Hikaru pilot TWE

VT-1 with Hikaru and Minmay pilot

😅

That first one is what I have been speculating on, one of the reasons I was a bit reluctant to pick up the Roy -1S at all.

Besides... Roy dies twice, who wants someone like that in their display :D

3 minutes ago, Black Valkyrie said:

You are not the only one, I too want the VF-1A CF, thats the only VF I like to have. 

Maybe it can include both TV and DYRL heads so it could be either one. Some of the markings would have to be generic or include stickers though.

Edited by Corrinald

21 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

Maybe it can include both TV and DYRL heads so it could be either one. Some of the markings would have to be generic or include stickers though.

Yes! I would be completely happy with that. And after they included the grey goggles head in the GBP set it is now a realistic option.

2 hours ago, Corrinald said:

They did this with the HMR release, so I think it's entirely possible, and hope they do it, but I would definitely rather skip the stickers personally.  I think the only ones they would need would be ship names (Prometheus vs SDF-1/ARMD nameplates).  Maybe a selection of pilot names, if they want to let people be creative.  I know the escape system markings on the chest plate are different on the TV releases, but I'd just as soon stick with the simpler DYRL version since it looks less busy.  The ejection seat markings should never be missing. :p 

Parts-wise, a TV/DYRL version would need two pilots, two heads, two sets of hands, and two cockpit console pieces, all of which are readily swappable on all of my DX VF-1s.  The cockpit console sometimes gets held in by glue, but for the most part I've been able to wiggle them all loose with very little effort.

A nice bonus would be including a couple sets of tampo-printed strike pack inserts with DYRL squadron markings to use on strike packs, since I know one or two were shown in the movie.

Edited by Chronocidal

9 hours ago, lechuck said:

That first one is what I have been speculating on, one of the reasons I was a bit reluctant to pick up the Roy -1S at all.

Besides... Roy dies twice, who wants someone like that in their display :D

Tread carefully sir. I know someone here who has a Roy shrine. :rolleyes:

65249153644__48AD2603-D1C8-41D5-8D6A-ED4D28B3CB99.JPG

So, now that VF-1J combo packs are popping up for around 32000-ish on Mandarake, I wonder what effect that will have on the Standalone VF-1J Prices (between 34000-42000 on Mandarake) other than to go down

hmmm.png.46fa1e59e0e11339fe6fcb73365251b5.png

Edited by Duymon

4 hours ago, Duymon said:

So, now that VF-1J combo packs are popping up for around 32000-ish on Mandarake, I wonder what effect that will have on the Standalone VF-1J Prices (between 34000-42000 on Mandarake) other than to go down

It will probably go higher? 

i dont know, dont @ me..😂

5 hours ago, borgified said:

I think the the solo DX 1J will drop in price (how much unknown) as the combo pack is now out. 

Makes sense. Maybe. That is unless the ones with the combo pack all get used for GBP which would make the net supply the same.

If someone wanted some 1J's now would be the time. Buy combo packs and sell the armor.

On 2/1/2019 at 6:54 PM, nightmareB4macross said:

That painted cockpit really completes the DX. Fantastic touches!

On 2/1/2019 at 5:12 PM, takatoys said:

Got my DX VF-1J and this is the toy I always wanted. It is so pretty!. Almost no need for mods, but I had to add some detail to the gun and laser cannons as someone already did. Anybody already detailed the cockpit? I've always been a fan of a good cockpit for the VF-1. Here is mine and looks great. I will try gerwalk mode next.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 2/4/2019 at 9:36 AM, takatoys said:

The HUD decal was part of one of my first custom stickers for the Yamato 1/48 toy. Those are long sold out, I'm no longer making stickers. I was lucky to keep one that had that display sticker.

Agree.

I really wish decals are available.

Any help in this way will be fantastic!

11 hours ago, Duymon said:

Unfortunately, the "32k" yen pricing for the Armored-VF1J DX only seems to be avaialble for the local japanese market. 

I saw a couple that was avaialbe on their japanese-site, but not-available when I switched to their english-site.

Same japanese-market-only shenanigans seems to be similarly happening on Ami and Amzn-jp. 

Oh, well.

At any rate, how's the valk on the Armored-VF1J combo?

Does it have the Max-1A improvements wrt the nosecone?  Does it still have misaligned wings?

Or is it some qc-rejects that Bandai's trying to move?

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Unfortunately, the "32k" yen pricing for the Armored-VF1J DX only seems to be avaialble for the local japanese market. 

I saw a couple that was avaialbe on their japanese-site, but not-available when I switched to their english-site.

Same japanese-market-only shenanigans seems to be similarly happening on Ami and Amzn-jp. 

IMO they should be taking care of their own people first. Membership has its privilege's. 

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Makes sense. Maybe. That is unless the ones with the combo pack all get used for GBP which would make the net supply the same.

If someone wanted some 1J's now would be the time. Buy combo packs and sell the armor.

if bandai came out with a detachable box gimmick for the armor as well, that would price the combo set even better! :rolleyes:

Eject armor box display!😁

For now, once box detached with x-acto knife gimmick, reattachment with UHU glue/cellotape gimmick!

Edited by seti88

Amiami finally sent me the payment link after another email for any other members who are still waiting. Now just wait for them to ship. With this I am finally done with this line. Hikaru's 1S, Roy's 1S and this 1J armoured is a good way to say goodbye to this line.  😄

Edited by eXis10z

1 hour ago, eXis10z said:

Amiami finally sent me the payment link after another email for any other members who are still waiting. Now just wait for them to ship. With this I am finally done with this line. Hikaru's 1S, Roy's 1S and this 1J armoured is a good way to say goodbye to this line.  😄

You'll be back.:p

On 10/3/2021 at 6:24 AM, Duymon said:

One brand new VF-1J was sold for 34,035 yen in YJA. If they have a low starting price I think that´s how the market will behave in YJA.

Mandarake will probably keep same prices, the 34,000 yen one was a used item with some details.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u1008095237

One used for 27,500 yen

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r1008542449

12 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Until they announce a VT & VE lol!