Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

22 hours ago, cosmic said:

I looked, yes you do need someone like Buyee.

What does "unopened/unused/unconfirmed" mean for condition. I see it on some boxed items. If its used, but sealed, how do you know what you are buying is even in the box and you arnt getting a box full of cicadas instead of a toy?

that means its BNIB and since it was never opened, they use unconfirmed.

You should buy used ones only if it displays some pictures of an item you are interested in.

On 7/22/2021 at 4:05 PM, BroTaku79 said:

that means its BNIB and since it was never opened, they use unconfirmed.

You should buy used ones only if it displays some pictures of an item you are interested in.

Well i guess its moot at this point because the dodos on that website are bidding more for it than other sellers have to outright buy.

1 hour ago, troyness said:

Do we know what's happening after 1J+ armor parts? I'm on the fence hoping for either a Max 1J or 1A mass prod.

VF-31AX hayate immelman custom. VF31 with sharp points on the wings, an extra draken gun, and a different decal on the back.

Bandai DX VF-31AX - Toys - Macross World Forums

Edited by cosmic

5 hours ago, borgified said:

Who knows?? Maybe Bandai will do a curve ball and make a DX Max 1s. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

VF-31AX hayate immelman custom. VF31 with sharp points on the wings, an extra draken gun, and a different decal on the back.

Bandai DX VF-31AX - Toys - Macross World Forums

With regards to VF-1

We've had a few TV releases ...so my guess would be DYRL VF... not my favourite valks. ...... Unless we get a 1A mass prod DYRL version!!! But a Max 1S could probably be it. Hopefully there'll be an announcement in the next 2mths.

Hikaru was voted #1 fave Macross Saga character in Japan right? So far there are 4 Hikaru SKUs. 4 out of the 7...

I'm betting it will be Hikaru again. DYRL VF-1A Hikaru. 😂

Wishful thinking: re-release of the TWE DYRL Super/Strike pack to go with it.

Then it will be TV VF-1S Hikaru with bundled Supers.

Hikaru will be 66% of the DX VF-1 range! 6 of 9 releases!!! 😆

51 minutes ago, drumondo said:

I know I'm late to the game, but I'm feeling keen on acquiring an Armoured VF-1J. Anyone got any leads on one at or near RRP?

Am i best served just waiting for release day?

Release day

@drumondo - Check the "For Sales" thread if when members here are willing to let go of extra backup pre-orders when the DX 1j + GBP Full Set pics starts to surface on the boards sometime in September. 

You can try on Manda, during release the release week, however it's going to cost you (might be up to 40k yen to get a copy) a house mortgage or your first born kid.  

Sorry if this has been stated or asked before, but is the VF-1J gonna be reissued as a stand alone alongside the 1J+ GBP  or is it just a 1J+GBP release?

Just want the Hikaru 1J valk, not interested in the GBP.

7 minutes ago, troyness said:

Sorry if this has been stated or asked before, but is the VF-1J gonna be reissued as a stand alone alongside the 1J+ GBP  or is it just a 1J+GBP release?

Just want the Hikaru 1J valk, not interested in the GBP.

It's just the Valk+ GBP.

5 hours ago, troyness said:

Thanks sqidd.

Looking forward to the next DX VF-1 announcement after the 1J+GBP.

Given the way they have done their other valks, I'm pretty sure this will be a box for the valk, nearly if not identical to the original release box, plus a second box for the GBP parts, same box for the bundle and stand alone I'm guessing, bundled together in a cardboard sleeve like the Roy and Hikaru releases that came with special stands.  So if you buy the bundle, it should be easy to sell the armor on here if you don't want it. 

29 minutes ago, levzloi said:

Given the way they have done their other valks, I'm pretty sure this will be a box for the valk, nearly if not identical to the original release box, plus a second box for the GBP parts, same box for the bundle and stand alone I'm guessing, bundled together in a cardboard sleeve like the Roy and Hikaru releases that came with special stands.  So if you buy the bundle, it should be easy to sell the armor on here if you don't want it. 

You are probably right, but I hope they do go the extra mile and actually create an exclusive box for this "Armored Valkyrie"....like they did for their VF-25S Armored Messiah....

s-l640.jpg

...or more recently, the VF-171 EX Maruyama......although that is more of a fast pack I suppose...

1435396729391.jpg

I really prefer the bundle packs.....too bad Bandai does not offer them as much anymore......;)

@dragontype - Send your extra copy of the DX DYRL 1s and DX SSP/Fast Pack to LEK over in Thailand plus pay him maybe $700 USD to get it done, however its a two year wait.

or

Get @Red Comet (is he still on the boards anymore as his post was in May?) to customize one for $500 USD including the DX DYRL 1s only.  

3 hours ago, borgified said:

@dragontype - Send your extra copy of the DX DYRL 1s and DX SSP/Fast Pack to LEK over in Thailand plus pay him maybe $700 USD to get it done, however its a two year wait.

or

Get @Red Comet (is he still on the boards anymore as his post was in May?) to customize one for $500 USD including the DX DYRL 1s only.  

Can confirm the custom weathered DX Roy (+SSP) I got from @Red Comet is quite nice. Not cel-shaded like the LEK customs, but still a nice weathering job plus extra decals.

7 hours ago, borgified said:

or

@Red Comet approached me last year about making a set of Jetfire decals for the DX, with the idea that he'd offer customs. He stopped replying to emails months ago, so the project is in a holding pattern.

12 minutes ago, physioguy said:

I'm guessing this is old news, or perhaps just someone's custom job, but i took this screen cap from the Tamashi Nations .jp site.  It was from the 2020 show, but I couldn't find any info on this.

Anyone know the story behind this GBP-1S

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 12.08.15 AM.png

Bandai tease / concept.

Since Bandai seem to be sticking to canon TV and DYRL VF-1 valks so far, there is a very low chance we will see this one come to market. Same with the VF-1J Max GBP.

1 hour ago, physioguy said:

I'm guessing this is old news, or perhaps just someone's custom job, but i took this screen cap from the Tamashi Nations .jp site.  It was from the 2020 show, but I couldn't find any info on this.

Anyone know the story behind this GBP-1S

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 12.08.15 AM.png

That scheme is based on an old 1980’s model kit box artwork.

0495C81A-C811-4215-9E8E-7F785024CE94.jpeg.82e75d6bb6a7be6c9c0e6079d6a06361.jpeg