Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 hours ago, Zywll said:

That's great, may I know when you placed your order? I placed mine last year and never got mine in January, I've been creating tickets since then and no response at all.

I placed it 6 July 2020 (I think within a few minutes of it going up) so should have been in that initial round delivered in Jan as well. I also upgraded the shipping to the most expensive option in Dec because I'd noticed they were more likely to send out stuff with more expensive shipping (I got my missile sets that way) before sending out stuff that was using cheaper options. I got an apology note a few weeks ago about a change of management pasted below. 

image.png

26 minutes ago, orindlt said:

I placed it 6 July 2020 (I think within a few minutes of it going up) so should have been in that initial round delivered in Jan as well. I also upgraded the shipping to the most expensive option in Dec because I'd noticed they were more likely to send out stuff with more expensive shipping (I got my missile sets that way) before sending out stuff that was using cheaper options. I got an apology note a few weeks ago about a change of management pasted below. 

image.png

Thanks for your response. They didn't even bothered sending me an apology, haha.

I probably made the mistake of changing the shipping method to parcel when they reached out to me in Jan asking for more money for shipping, I paid the extra cost and that was the last time I heard from them.

I'll keep trying with tickets since it looks like they don't have the live chat option anymore.

Thanls!

On 5/7/2021 at 9:40 AM, Duymon said:

amazon.co.jp roys are dropping a bit. 

140089022_Screenshot_20210507-0847092.thumb.png.189b60d29fb4fb3294b9763263b6684e.png

using amazon's built in currency converter I was able to get this item shipped /w dhl to the US for under 300

Nice!

On 5/7/2021 at 9:40 AM, Duymon said:

amazon.co.jp roys are dropping a bit. 

140089022_Screenshot_20210507-0847092.thumb.png.189b60d29fb4fb3294b9763263b6684e.png

using amazon's built in currency converter I was able to get this item shipped /w dhl to the US for under 300

Cool.  Hopefully the GBP set drops like that when it comes out.

14 hours ago, Nerd-linger said:

My TV super parts arrived from Mykombini today via Fedex. No additional fees or duty which was a nice surprise.

Me too! I was expecting import taxes. But I heard sometimes they bill you later so I'm not 100% sure we are off the hook yet.

On 5/11/2021 at 8:51 AM, Nerd-linger said:

My TV super parts arrived from Mykombini today via Fedex. No additional fees or duty which was a nice surprise.

i never order from Mykombini before.  Is it reliable, right?

4 hours ago, Jumbo said:

This was only the 2nd time I have used them. First time was years ago for a Figuarts K-2SO and now with the TV super parts. K-2SO was uneventful since it was an in-stock item purchase. This time it went well enough I guess. I emailed a couple times to get an update on arrival date since people were getting their super parts from other sites, but I had heard nothing from Mykombini. I only got a response once the parts were in stock and they requested an additional shipping fee.  So I guess overall reliable but they may not have the best customer service when it comes to replying to emails, but again I have only used them twice so my experience is very limited. 

23 minutes ago, Nerd-linger said:

This was only the 2nd time I have used them. First time was years ago for a Figuarts K-2SO and now with the TV super parts. K-2SO was uneventful since it was an in-stock item purchase. This time it went well enough I guess. I emailed a couple times to get an update on arrival date since people were getting their super parts from other sites, but I had heard nothing from Mykombini. I only got a response once the parts were in stock and they requested an additional shipping fee.  So I guess overall reliable but they may not have the best customer service when it comes to replying to emails, but again I have only used them twice so my experience is very limited. 

Thank you very much for yr information ^^

9 hours ago, Jumbo said:

My observation is that this community generally puts a store into one of four groups, based on our experiences with them: reliable with great customer service, reliable with "okay" or limited customer service because they are probably pretty small operations, reliable but more than willing to jack up prices on collectors (at which point I don't care about your customer service), and unreliable. MyKombini is in the second group, as far as I know. There's an entire section of this site dedicated to where you can buy Macross stuff and sharing those experiences, which is really useful:

https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/13-where-to-buy-macross-auctions-amp-dealers-specials/

You can also check out the Blacklist in the For Sale forum:

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

My observation is that this community generally puts a store into one of four groups, based on our experiences with them: reliable with great customer service, reliable with "okay" or limited customer service because they are probably pretty small operations, reliable but more than willing to jack up prices on collectors (at which point I don't care about your customer service), and unreliable. MyKombini is in the second group, as far as I know. There's an entire section of this site dedicated to where you can buy Macross stuff and sharing those experiences, which is really useful:

https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/13-where-to-buy-macross-auctions-amp-dealers-specials/

You can also check out the Blacklist in the For Sale forum:

thx you very much

On 5/6/2021 at 11:24 PM, orindlt said:

image.png

i'm in same exact situation as you.  would love to hear how things go for you, and good luck!

And it arrived - so maybe the comment about "changing management" is actually true? I still have a 1D on order there - I was going to file a paypal dispute for that based on these parts not arriving, but I guess now that they have delivered, I'll have to see how the 1D turns out (went for a second 1D with Okini - but haven't used them before). Wish I had the nerves for this hobby - plastic toys cause more stress than work!

image.thumb.png.c0c781f12efa72bf86605c6e1f4d8c1a.png

13 minutes ago, orindlt said:

And it arrived - so maybe the comment about "changing management" is actually true? I still have a 1D on order there - I was going to file a paypal dispute for that based on these parts not arriving, but I guess now that they have delivered, I'll have to see how the 1D turns out (went for a second 1D with Okini - but haven't used them before). Wish I had the nerves for this hobby - plastic toys cause more stress than work!

image.thumb.png.c0c781f12efa72bf86605c6e1f4d8c1a.png

super funny!  and congrats!  

2 hours ago, uzernaem said:

I hope this doesn't sound like a blasphemy but has anyone tried adapting Hasegawa 1/48 weapon set for DX VF-1 yet?

Yes. Several folks here on MW have tried it, I believe. It can be done, but requires you to make some modifications to the weapons, the mount points on the wings, or both. I don't remember the specifics.

3 hours ago, uzernaem said:

I hope this doesn't sound like a blasphemy but has anyone tried adapting Hasegawa 1/48 weapon set for DX VF-1 yet?

Given Bandai's reluctance to give control surfaces proper clearance, the Hasegawa missiles are a huge improvement over Bandai's attempt. :p 

1 hour ago, uzernaem said:

Heh, this sounds interesting. Do you have any pics?

I'm not going to say that Bandai didn't copy the animation, but they chose to do so in a way that makes no sense in any universe.  The missiles all have such stubby pylons that the wing flaps are impeded.

I'm not kidding when I say that the HMR missile box pylons are actually physically longer than the 1/48 ones, despite the difference in scale.

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm not going to say that Bandai didn't copy the animation, but they chose to do so in a way that makes no sense in any universe.  The missiles all have such stubby pylons that the wing flaps are impeded.

I'm not kidding when I say that the HMR missile box pylons are actually physically longer than the 1/48 ones, despite the difference in scale.

I mean the pics of a DX Valk with Hasegawa 1/48 missiles. TBH they look nicer than Bandai ones while being cheaper as well, although assembling/glueing is needed.

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/mc04/

Edited by uzernaem

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Can we look forward to convention exclusive pylons that are the proper size? 3000Y for the set, limit one. :diablo:

And it will be a lottery item, so even if you attend the convention, you're not guaranteed to walk away with even one, let alone four. Because they'll be sold individually, not as a set.

I will say that I was pleasantly surprised with how Bandai handled the GBP release. It's the most considerate they've ever been to DX collectors, in my opinion. If you already have a 1J, you can just get the armor with a replacement head through TWE. If you missed out on that first run, they immediately did a second run and limited sales to one per person to counter scalpers. If you don't have a 1J or want to keep your current one armor-free (like me), there's the gift set/combo pack. Yes, the combo sold out fast, but as many here have speculated, it will probably be available for a "decent" price around release time, with healthy amounts of stock showing up after release on Amazon Japan, auction sites, and secondary market sites like Mandarake (which has seven Roys for sale right now). While I'd love to have Arcadia-like availability of Bandai valks, where we don't have to worry about PO Madness and scalpers, it's not going to happen. If this is Bandai's compromise in terms of how they'll handle releases from now on, I can probably live with it.

4 hours ago, uzernaem said:

Hey, does everyone have pics of Roy VF-1S with DYRL strike parts with black jolly roger insignia applied? I am thinking of doing ghetto DYRL Roy until the real one is released but I have no strike parts yet, looking for a good deal.

Not exactly. I have three DYRL VF-1S Hikaru's that were custom'd into three Roy's that have Strike packs and some naked SDFM Roy's.

IMO it seems really nit picky to not put Strikes on the SDFM Roy if you like the Strike look.

IMG_8680.thumb.JPG.58e58b268d636137d6acee6fe1f7b598.JPG

IMG_7960.thumb.JPG.53bb22a80b5c84a42d3e001919c16c5d.JPG

Edited by sqidd

7 hours ago, uzernaem said:

Hey, does everyone have pics of Roy VF-1S with DYRL strike parts with black jolly roger insignia applied? I am thinking of doing ghetto DYRL Roy until the real one is released but I have no strike parts yet, looking for a good deal.

I tried the Strike Parts:

20210217_105714.jpg

20210217_105915.jpg

20210217_112039.jpg

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Not exactly. I have three DYRL VF-1S Hikaru's that were custom'd into three Roy's that have Strike packs and some naked SDFM Roy's.

IMO it seems really nit picky to not put Strikes on the SDFM Roy if you like the Strike look.

IMG_8680.thumb.JPG.58e58b268d636137d6acee6fe1f7b598.JPG

IMG_7960.thumb.JPG.53bb22a80b5c84a42d3e001919c16c5d.JPG

Now that's a dedication!

21 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I tried the Strike Parts:

20210217_105714.jpg

20210217_105915.jpg

20210217_112039.jpg

Looks good! I really should give it a try, thanks!

TV Roy with TV super parts is just as cartoon inaccurate anyway :)

1 hour ago, uzernaem said:

Now that's a dedication!

Looks good! I really should give it a try, thanks!

TV Roy with TV super parts is just as cartoon inaccurate anyway :)

Exactly!! I'm waiting for DYRL Roy.