Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Everything?  

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

ban960342box.png

All we know is that there has never been a Japanese M&M "DX" type PT toy release that did not include the Super Parts since Takatoku released the 1/55 Max and Millia VF-1Js.....but the Maruyama and other Bandai releases show that there are exceptions to eveything Bandai does....heck, if you want to include more recent releases than the Takatokus, you can also include the HM VF-1J Max, the Bandai re-releases of the Max and Millia VF-1J...or even the Toynami "Masterpieces"...for some non-Super-Packed releases....

My money is currently on naked releases...but would be very glad (would prefer) if they went with combo packs...one regular and one TWE, because why not....both methods are now getting just as difficult to acquire these days anyways....

On 4/29/2021 at 9:18 AM, treatment said:

Might as well put up the page-1 pics of that TD thread since it had lots of other interesting pics:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-466573-1-1.html

samples:

3VggfbU.thumb.jpg.f6769f30a75bebeb66d65224a3020bc4.jpg

6Hypfkq.thumb.jpg.52eafeed9a76e02f41db0a30fe4081de.jpg

Wish @Kurisama can update his previous Shapeways work to a 1/48 version of the Macross The First VF-1J head to fit the DX figure. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes! :yahoo::wub:

Teaser_DX_VF-1A_Hikaru.jpeg

It's the only one I've been waiting for. After this I'm done with this line. ;)

Hahahaha how many times have I said that same line.. after this I'm done.

13 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

Hahahaha how many times have I said that same line.. after this I'm done.

Yeah, I know what you mean. :lol: But that's how it is this time for me for this DX 1/48 VF-1 line. And it's why I only have Hikaru's VF-1J and VF-1S. I didn't PO his VF-1D nor planning on getting his VT-1 if ever there will be one. ;) 

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! :lol: Wrong pic to use, JVM. I also skipped Kaki's VF-1A. ;) 

oops...thought you said the DX VF-1A Hikaru would be the last one you'd get in the Bandai DX line?

Maybe Bandai will decide to sell it as a combo pack only! :good:

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

oops...thought you said the DX VF-1A Hikaru would be the last one you'd get in the Bandai DX line?

Maybe Bandai will decide to sell it as a combo pack only! :good:

Yup. That's the plan. :hi:

Unless I misunderstood the 'Gotta Catch 'Em All' phrase with the pic of the Skull Squadron implying I should get everything? :rolleyes:

Hopefully it's a combo since the DYRL SSP doesn't have Hikaru's VF-1A modex number.

Edited by no3Ljm

On 4/30/2021 at 9:34 PM, David Hingtgen said:

My only concern is if M&M have WHITE accents, and not the hideous grey like the latest HMR's.  

The gray/white is less important to me than Bandai taking "liberties" with the entire scheme based on individual animation frames.  I'm half expecting them to take another completely unique take on the entire scheme, just because they can. <_< 

Anyone else has a feeling that a Hikaru TV VF-1S with Super parts giftset is in the plans? I mean, that valk release itself is a must for a Macross toyline, while Bandai has to add an extra to differentiate it from Roy Focker version.

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm half expecting them to take another completely unique take on the entire scheme, just because they can. <_< 

If Tatsunoko hadn't done such a poor job establishing the color scheme in the first place, Bandai wouldn't have so much varied animation reference to work from. <_<

On 4/30/2021 at 6:32 PM, jvmacross said:

76177627_2626956417325018_73091399538022

gotta-catch-em-all-png.png

Damn..

Makes me wanna get SSP for all 3...I do have 1 SSP for VF-1S Hikaru and two TV sets that are currently on 1J and Roy 1S..gonna keep my 1J and Roy 1S vanilla with just missiles and just transfer two TV packs to 1A Max and Hayao lol

Oy vey.

I ordered some TV super parts from Okini land. I've heard nothing from them since. Those have been out for a while, right? I just bugged them about it, we'll see how they respond. But I assume it's going to be a cancelled preorder.

I'm so out of the loop. It sounds like the GBP armors were just recently on order and instantly sold out?

12 minutes ago, danth said:

Oy vey.

I ordered some TV super parts from Okini land. I've heard nothing from them since. Those have been out for a while, right? I just bugged them about it, we'll see how they respond. But I assume it's going to be a cancelled preorder.

I'm so out of the loop. It sounds like the GBP armors were just recently on order and instantly sold out?

It’s been Golden Week so a lot biz are on holiday. Okini is solid.

45 minutes ago, danth said:

Oy vey.

If your order is the 2nd batch then the release date was 04-23-21.  So it only released recently and then there’s the holiday so it will be shipped out soon . 

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

It’s been Golden Week so a lot biz are on holiday. Okini is solid.

1 hour ago, F360 said:

If your order is the 2nd batch then the release date was 04-23-21.  So it only released recently and then there’s the holiday so it will be shipped out soon . 

Okay, thanks you two. I feel better now!

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

I wanted to ask if anyone who ordered the 2nd release of Super Parts from Big in Japan have you received your sets via DHL?

I got mine in last week.  Think I remember a few others on here as well getting theirs around the same time from BiJ via DHL.

Edited by mantisfists

5 hours ago, uzernaem said:

Has anyone made a repro of Kakizaki's exclusive decals set yet? They are marvelous, but I don't feel like getting the whole toy for them.

To my knowledge, no. I've received a small number of requests to do one, but given the amount of time involved in making a new set, it's hard for me to justify right now.

11 hours ago, Saburo said:

I wanted to ask if anyone who ordered the 2nd release of Super Parts from Big in Japan have you received your sets via DHL?

Hi, I ordered from them and received mine at the end of last week.  They did send me a message asking for payment of shipping fees before sending out.

On 5/3/2021 at 3:12 PM, uzernaem said:

Anyone else has a feeling that a Hikaru TV VF-1S with Super parts giftset is in the plans? I mean, that valk release itself is a must for a Macross toyline, while Bandai has to add an extra to differentiate it from Roy Focker version.

Aside from the pilot, they only need to replace the name in the canopy.

Just now, orindlt said:

On the "I should have bought a lottery ticket" front - just got a shipping notification for the Roy parts from NY. Not going to believe it until I have them, but there's a tracking number even. 

wow congrats :clapping:

keeping my fingers crossed for my two SSP!

On 5/4/2021 at 10:23 PM, mantisfists said:

I got mine in last week.  Think I remember a few others on here as well getting theirs around the same time from BiJ via DHL.

On 5/5/2021 at 6:27 AM, sumyumgoy said:

Hi, I ordered from them and received mine at the end of last week.  They did send me a message asking for payment of shipping fees before sending out.

Thanks for the info, I called DHL told me they had a back up on processing at Cincinnati hub.  Package arrived today. :D

1 hour ago, orindlt said:

On the "I should have bought a lottery ticket" front - just got a shipping notification for the Roy parts from NY. Not going to believe it until I have them, but there's a tracking number even. 

That's great, may I know when you placed your order? I placed mine last year and never got mine in January, I've been creating tickets since then and no response at all.