Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

44 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

I'm still hoping the rest of the missiles will be 'somehow' removable. Even if the upper ones are just painted tips on a flat plastic base...

I'm holding out hope for a effects kit with itano circus type 'missile trails' .. that could include the missiles that don't come on the GBP.  *fingers crossed*  Actually I guess if they are not removeable the 'smoke cloud' could effectively just tab in over top.

That would be a pretty nice kit.  They really should do those.  The only one I've seen that had anything like that was the VF-19 punch effect.  There might be others but that's the only one I know of

56 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

That would be a pretty nice kit.  They really should do those.  The only one I've seen that had anything like that was the VF-19 punch effect.  There might be others but that's the only one I know of

There was a HMR add-on with missile launch effects.

9 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

There was a HMR add-on with missile launch effects.

I've seen those too.  They're pretty neat.  For what they cost it would be nice to see more accessories like that added.  Of course it would probably end up being a Tamashii Nations exclusive :lol:

1 minute ago, Ryoma said:

In the pictures of "next item?" i don't see a VF-1A Cannon fodder DYRL version...Yamato never released neither... is it going to be a cursed valk??

I really hope that one comes soon. I'm surprised they left that out and put instead a GBP with yellow tipped missiles... come on. The 1A CF DYRL is the only one I want after these GBP parts to be set and done. There were 1/60 and 1/48 releases from Yamato, they exist.

3 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

In the pictures of "next item?" i don't see a VF-1A Cannon fodder DYRL version...Yamato never released neither... is it going to be a cursed valk??

You misremember, Yamato did release a DYRL VF-1A Cannon Fodder during the 30th anniversary.

15-Yamato-V2-VF-1J-Mass-Production-7.jpg

6 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

Yamato relased both TV and DYRL? version as 1/60 v2. For the 1/48 line only DYRL?

jenius beat me to it :lol:

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Wait, i do own a yamato 1/60 V.2 VF-1A DYRL and i love it...but i wasn't aware we also had a 1/48 DYRL version. The only one i have clearly has a TV pilot. Am i missing something??? Please let me know!!!

Well you didn't specify 1/48!

Wait, i do own a yamato 1/60 V.2 VF-1A DYRL and i love it...but i wasn't aware we also had a 1/48 DYRL version. The only one i have clearly has a TV pilot. Am i missing something??? Please let me know!!!

No Yamato 1/48 tv cf....closest to it would be the Macross Chronicle exclusive TV VF-1A Kakizaki...

:( For a moment i really hoped i missed something througout all those years of collecting...a 1/48 DYRL from Yamato would have been like a dream coming true(although on mine i did replace the tv pilot with a DYRL pilot).

This every 6 months or so schedule they are doing has really been working well for me... I've skipped tv max (mistake) and DYRL Kakizaki. And having stopped buying Gundam kits til I build the ones I have. The budget can handle what DX Chogokin is throwing at it.

I'd love to see DYRL Max. So he is represented in my incomplete collection

18 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Maybe Bandai will include a swappable DYRL CF VF-1A head with the TV CF VF-1A.  Throw in a CF 1J and 1D head and that would be pretty cool.

That wouldn't be a crazy idea now that they've included the grey goggles head with the GBP. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, lavinrac said:

I'd love to see DYRL Max. So he is represented in my incomplete collection

There is a list of Yammie 1/60 valks for grabs on Jungle and there is a Weathered 1s Max for 40k yen (Grade A) if your interested (plus others too) @lavinrac

A DX 1s DYRL Max shouldn't  be too far if Bandai does decides to offer it. 

Edit: Name of store should be a help d'uh.

Edited by borgified

51 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

:( For a moment i really hoped i missed something througout all those years of collecting...a 1/48 DYRL from Yamato would have been like a dream coming true(although on mine i did replace the tv pilot with a DYRL pilot).

Yes, there was a DYRL version that Yamato released of a VF-1A in 1/48

Just now, jvmacross said:

But with all the DYRL specific tampo....Bandai would not pass up on fleecing their customers with TV and DYRL versions....lol

They should do a TV or DYRL version and make the other a TWE but as part of the same production run with just a different head and markings. Seems like an economical way to get both variants done.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

They should do a TV or DYRL version and make the other a TWE but as part of the same production run with just a different head and markings. Seems like an economical way to get both variants done.

Yeah...I am pretty sure they will release a stand-alone DYRL GBP set.....but what if they go nuts and release a DYRL Armored Valkyrie VF-1J....the one we see in the movie with movie specific markings for the VF-1J and a DYRL pilot in "Hikaru" TV colors like they did with the HMR release of the DYRL Armored Valkyrie....if that were to happen I would hope it would be a TWE

14 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Yes, there was a DYRL version that Yamato released of a VF-1A in 1/48

:shok: What??? Where do i get one??? No seriously, are they still available on second market? What are the main differences from the TV version except for the pilot? Are there any pictures around??? Can't believe i missed that for so many years!

1 hour ago, Ryoma said:

:shok: What??? Where do i get one??? No seriously, are they still available on second market? What are the main differences from the TV version except for the pilot? Are there any pictures around??? Can't believe i missed that for so many years!

417BKWXK10L._AC_.jpg

41XZF782FQL._AC_.jpg

41T9B8VPRJL._AC_.jpg

They are fairly easy to find on eBay and YJA....

The pricing is high on eBay but sometime you can find deals....your best bet might be trying to source one from YJA, Mandarake, or one of the Japanese retailers that handle used toys....like Jungle...

The differences between the TV and DYRL versions are the head units, the hands, the cockpit canopy, the instrumentation layout, and possibly the colors....but it is debatable, more of a marketing thing to try and sell more toys, although now with Bandai, they can probably release a TV and DYRL in the exact same color, but mark it up with tampo specific to the shows...

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The differences between the TV and DYRL versions are the head units, the hands, the cockpit canopy, the instrumentation layout, and possibly the colors....but it is debatable, more of a marketing thing to try and sell more toys, although now with Bandai, they can probably release a TV and DYRL in the exact same color, but mark it up with tampo specific to the shows...

Bandai did really nail the HMR release of the VF-1A CF though, and I don't see any reason they couldn't do the same for a DX release.  That one included two pilots, two heads, and both DYRL and TV styled hands.  The tampo wasn't fancy enough to be different at that scale.

All of those would be doable for the DX release, but it would also need separate instrument panels.  Considering how easily those are removed and swapped between the TV and DYRL releases, I don't see any reason they couldn't do it.  The panels are minimally glued in, but they slot in securely enough that it's really not necessary.  

I think the biggest change would really be that they'd either have to bag the spare parts, or redesign the plastic tray to contain all those spare pieces.

Edited by Chronocidal

14 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Bandai did really nail the HMR release of the VF-1A CF though, and I don't see any reason they couldn't do the same for a DX release.  That one included two pilots, two heads, and both DYRL and TV styled hands.  The tampo wasn't fancy enough to be different at that scale.

All of those would be doable for the DX release, but to be entirely accurate, it would also need separate instrument panels.  Considering how easily those are removed and swapped between the TV and DYRL releases, I don't see any reason they couldn't do it.  The panels are minimally glued in, but they slot in securely enough that it's really not necessary.  

I think the biggest change would really be that they'd either have to bag the spare parts, or redesign the plastic tray to contain all those spare pieces.

They have gone tampo crazy....that actually would be the only thing keeping a head swap doable....they may say the heck with it and include swappable heads, but some fans may not like it if they go with a DYRL markings valk or vice versa....