Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

On 4/23/2021 at 8:29 PM, davidwhangchoi said:

i'm a bit ticked off. CDjapan took kaki out of brown p-bandai box and shipped it to me. i proxied it directly from p-bandai's site. i'll never use CDjapn for proxy again. 

at least i got it for free bc they gave me 350usd in points for the leg error on the sv-51 and let me keep the valk.  so i got kaki essentially for free.  

but now i have to order another one

wow,  why did they even do that ,  especially since it's a proxy request . . 

Good to know for future reference. 

(Do not use CDjapan for proxy unless you do not care for the brown shipper box)

(Do not use CDJapan unless you are ok with their Arm and Leg "DHL and FEDEX" shipping.)

With a few people on here who ordered from Big in Japan relaying that they'd been asked to pony up more money to ship their TV Fast Packs, I've been dreading getting the same message as I'd ordered 3 from them, myself.  However, just got my shipping email and no preceding "gimmemore" email.  I'm curious why that is...........but not that curious.  :p

47 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

With a few people on here who ordered from Big in Japan relaying that they'd been asked to pony up more money to ship their TV Fast Packs, I've been dreading getting the same message as I'd ordered 3 from them, myself.  However, just got my shipping email and no preceding "gimmemore" email.  I'm curious why that is...........but not that curious.  :p

Yeah I don't understand, why do I gotta pay $28 more shipping charge if I already forked over $50 to ship it?  Does it really cost 70 dollars to ship a small toy out of Japan?  I haven't heard back from them in email, I expect that it will be a very slow process.

1 hour ago, mantisfists said:

I was sent the "gimmemore" email, but until I read this thread today I had forgotten I had already paid for shipping from Big in Japan. I guess thats what they were banking on from their customers.

So now I've paid close to $50 to ship one set of TV fast packs. I'm not ordering from them again.

My Bandai DX hobby now has two online retailers off my list due to fast pack shenanigans (the other being NY as everyone else has experienced).

Edited by pablumatic

24 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

Yeah I don't understand, why do I gotta pay $28 more shipping charge if I already forked over $50 to ship it?  Does it really cost 70 dollars to ship a small toy out of Japan?  I haven't heard back from them in email, I expect that it will be a very slow process.

Yeah, looking at my invoice, I paid $50 to have the three shipped to me and never had to pay an extra fee.  Are you in the US?

4 minutes ago, pablumatic said:

I was sent the "gimmemore" email, but until I read this thread today I had forgotten I had already paid for shipping from Big in Japan. I guess thats what they were banking on from their customers.

So now I've paid close to $50 to ship one set of TV fast packs. I'm not ordering from them again.

My Bandai DX hobby now has two online retailers off my list due to fast pack shenanigans (the other being NY as everyone else has experienced).

well I already paid them $50 up front to ship them on pre-order.  Didn't they ask you to pay another 3,000 yen on top of that 50 bucks?  That's what they asked of me.

4 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

well I already paid them $50 up front to ship them on pre-order.  Didn't they ask you to pay another 3,000 yen on top of that 50 bucks?  That's what they asked of me.

First shipping charge when I originally paid was 2,490 yen.

This time they demanded 2,010 yen, which I paid like a sucker.

1 hour ago, pablumatic said:

First shipping charge when I originally paid was 2,490 yen.

This time they demanded 2,010 yen, which I paid like a sucker.

I can't imagine anything you can ship from Japan to the USA for 2,490 Yen right now. Sounds like you paid for SAL and had to get upgraded to FedEx or DHL. I would say the safe bet is that they used the same box to ship three as they would one so the shipping charge was the same for either. If you chose to ship three via express in the beginning then no change in cost. 

2-3 month Ferry Ground/Surface Shipping is about $15-$20 from Japan to US - and that's the cheapest.

All EMS option is on hold until Pandemic eases out - hopefully later this year?

DHL and Fedex are mostly the only option ATM and they usually cost around $50 +

44 minutes ago, jenius said:

I can't imagine anything you can ship from Japan to the USA for 2,490 Yen right now. Sounds like you paid for SAL and had to get upgraded to FedEx or DHL. I would say the safe bet is that they used the same box to ship three as they would one so the shipping charge was the same for either. If you chose to ship three via express in the beginning then no change in cost. 

That may be the case. During the entirety of the pandemic I've been fine waiting the extra 3 months that I've come to expect from the rare shipments I get from Japan. This is the first time I've seen this type of forced shipment upgrade happen. 

Edited by pablumatic

1 hour ago, pablumatic said:

That may be the case. During the entirety of the pandemic I've been fine waiting the extra 3 months that I've come to expect from the rare shipments I get from Japan. This is the first time I've seen this type of forced shipment upgrade happen. 

You can look at your order confirmation email .  In the middle will show shipping  carrier .  It will list what shipping method you choose.

2 hours ago, kyekye said:

DHL and Fedex are mostly the only option ATM and they usually cost around $50 +

And that's only if you're lucky enough to have a corporate account with them.  Ordinary customers can't get anything shipped from Japan for less than $120. :vava:

7 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

MyKombini charged me 2500 Yen for the TV fast packs shipping and they claim it's EMS. We shall see I guess. It hasn't actually shipped yet so no tracking.

I doubt that they will use EMS for shipping @Paco Grande as it's DHL for shipping stuff out of Japan. 

18 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

MyKombini charged me 2500 Yen for the TV fast packs shipping and they claim it's EMS. We shall see I guess. It hasn't actually shipped yet so no tracking.

you can check your account/ order to see if they send you a shipping increase shipping invoice,.  . Since EMS is still blocked. it would be either FEDEX or DHL

I have a delivery date from AE from DHL for Thursday this week for my TV Supers. DHL texted me a link this morning for if I wanted to have them waive the signature requirement and leave it on my porch. I chose yes. We'll see how that plays out. 

LOL, I paid an extra 2500 yen to MyKombini a few days ago for what I assumed was expedited shipping for my TV super parts, but now they are asking for an additional 490  for FEDEX or DHL.  At this point it is almost comical, I half expect to get another charge for packaging or a handling fee. 

1 hour ago, MarcoAntonio said:

hello 

I recently bought a 1/48 roy chogokin dx, but it came with the die-cast part folded over. Does anyone know the solution or where can I contact, 

ty your reply

pictures: https://ibb.co/dt4wbvc
https://ibb.co/Tcj9gTP

Looks like the bar is bent too but it could just be the angle of the photo.  Where did you buy it?

37 minutes ago, MarcoAntonio said:

at a dealer, what can I do in this case?

your options:

contact the dealer,,

try to fix it yourself (can also damage it more)

Sell it as-is  and then buy another one,

Edited by F360

OK now that most of us are done with Armored VF-1J PO madness, WHAT'S THE NEXT WALLET DESTROYING VALK? :yahoo:

Probably a DYRL release? Maybe a lazy DYRL release? VF-1A Hikaru or Max to allow fans to round out their DYRL Hikaru/Max/Kaki displays.

My wish is still TV VF-1S Hikaru with Super Packs included, but it's probably a slim chance.

24 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

OK now that most of us are done with Armored VF-1J PO madness, WHAT'S THE NEXT WALLET DESTROYING VALK? :yahoo:

Probably a DYRL release? Maybe a lazy DYRL release? VF-1A Hikaru or Max to allow fans to round out their DYRL Hikaru/Max/Kaki displays.

My wish is still TV VF-1S Hikaru with Super Packs included, but it's probably a slim chance.

:lol::drinks:

Just me, i wanna see the 1D release, and after the GBP release, switch to the 21!:mellow:

Edited by seti88

I originally planned on getting only a TV VF-1S Roy and Vermillion Squadron.  As I’m waiting for just a TV VF-1A Kakizaki I’ll now be adding 2 more TV releases.  Maybe I’ll stick to only TV releases for this line and a DYRL VF-1S Max.

19 hours ago, MarcoAntonio said:

hello 

I recently bought a 1/48 roy chogokin dx, but it came with the die-cast part folded over. Does anyone know the solution or where can I contact, 

ty your reply

pictures: https://ibb.co/dt4wbvc
https://ibb.co/Tcj9gTP

@RedComet has a VF-1 with a damaged leg that is basically junk. He may be willing to sell you that swing bar.

2 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

Yeah, I believe it's only the leg missiles though

I'm still hoping the rest of the missiles will be 'somehow' removable. Even if the upper ones are just painted tips on a flat plastic base...

I'm holding out hope for a effects kit with itano circus type 'missile trails' .. that could include the missiles that don't come on the GBP.  *fingers crossed*  Actually I guess if they are not removeable the 'smoke cloud' could effectively just tab in over top.

Edited by lavinrac