Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

On 4/15/2021 at 9:46 AM, jvmacross said:

:friends:

Thanks!  Tweaked it a bit to be more "anime" accurate...LOL

Looks cool.  If you wanted to do a little more to it, maybe curve the legs and head laser going clockwise a little bit.

12 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Looks cool.  If you wanted to do a little more to it, maybe curve the legs and head laser going clockwise a little bit.

I think I am done with that one....unless you ever decide to re-pose it....I basically took your original pose for this one....and flipped it!  :D

large.dxvf1amaxsdfm1.JPG.59ae80d75df40fb

...If you decide to pose the DX TV Super VF-1S for this poster....

large.1868895476_SDFMposter2.jpg.d01c14c

...I will definitely redo it!  Oh and maybe since you will have it out, you can then pose it for the Kawamori poster...to keep me busy!!!:lol:

Macross Forever!!!

:drinks:

Hello, I am from Ecuador, please, could someone recommend me a reliable store where I can try to acquire a macross dx figure, I have not been able to make a pre-order and I would like to try to get the one
GBP-1 MACROSS DX
REGARDS
CHRISTIAN

17 hours ago, rocketblast said:

That looks great sh9000.  I'm still waiting for my TV fast packs to come in the mail.  Well, I guess the next round is still preorder.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, jvmacross said:

:good:

large.1346218286_SDFMDXKCfigposter5.jpg.

Looks good.

15 hours ago, jvmacross said:

large.489921529_AcePilotMax5.jpg.b5d70ba

Whole nutha level @jvmacross and @seti88.  :drinks:

Edited by sh9000

On 3/15/2021 at 2:00 PM, vladykins said:

Actual conversation today when I showed my wife the pictures from there:

Me: Look what's coming for me in June!
Wife: Don't you have that already.
Me: NO, those two are the Yamato 1/60. This is a 1/48 DX Chogokin like my Roy and Max.
Wife: And don't you have a smaller one too?
Me: That's the Hi Metal R! And that one doesn't come with a fan racer.

Why is Hikaru Wearing his UN Spacy Helmet in the Fan Racer?!?!?!

34 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

Apparently, Youtube isn't available in Japan so Bandai just went on memory of the almost 40 year old episode and had forgotten Hikaru had given the helmet to Minmay to wear....:rolleyes:

Cool....now I know exactly when this cel appears during the episode....at 20:04 mark...

large.1189035273_HikaruandMinmay2.jpg.a9

large.948378050_Episode3SpaceFoldcelsequ

Edited by jvmacross

Sheesh so complicated. It's been uh.. only a month.. since I rewatched the first 8 eps.. Hikaru has no un spacy helmet in the opening scenes, that weird thing around his head with goggles instead..

Then he gets in the VF-1D and amazingly there's a nice helmet in there the color of his future uniform... 

I suspect the toy just comes with one Hikaru figure so that's why the helmet. 

He DOES get back in the fan racer, with Minmei after the VF-1Debacle... WITH helmet, And the space fold happens and he has the helmet when they get caught in the lost part of the SDF-1.. so I guess I was mistaken and the orange civilian flightsuit with the un spacy helmet is accurate, at least for those few minutes... as Jvmacross said above.. 'from a certain point of view."

Edited by lavinrac

7 hours ago, lavinrac said:

Sheesh so complicated. It's been uh.. only a month.. since I rewatched the first 8 eps.. Hikaru has no un spacy helmet in the opening scenes, that weird thing around his head with goggles instead..

Then he gets in the VF-1D and amazingly there's a nice helmet in there the color of his future uniform... 

I suspect the toy just comes with one Hikaru figure so that's why the helmet. 

He DOES get back in the fan racer, with Minmei after the VF-1Debacle... WITH helmet, And the space fold happens and he has the helmet when they get caught in the lost part of the SDF-1.. so I guess I was mistaken and the orange civilian flightsuit with the un spacy helmet is accurate, at least for those few minutes... as Jvmacross said above.. 'from a certain point of view."

Yes, but you asked:

11 hours ago, lavinrac said:

The short answer is because we are getting BANDAI'D!!!  He never wears it AT ALL while piloting the Fan Racer....Minmay does....

So expect a super limited version of her figurine wearing the helmet that will only come packed with the first 10 GBP stand-alone sets ordered directly via the Tamashii website!

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Yes, but you asked:

The short answer is because we are getting BANDAI'D!!!  He never wears it AT ALL while piloting the Fan Racer....Minmay does....

So expect a super limited version of her figurine wearing the helmet that will only come packed with the first 10 GBP stand-alone sets ordered directly via the Tamashii website!

Ah yea see my memory is filling in things not there! Trying to subconsciously make excuses for Bandai I guess

1 hour ago, Axelay said:

Pardon me for not being aware if the answer has already been stated, but is there any word on whether a Super VF-1J in Max colors will be forthcoming this year?

No, it hasn't been announced in any capacity. A Max 1J was shown wearing a GBP at a show but that doesn't mean much.

1 hour ago, Axelay said:

Pardon me for not being aware if the answer has already been stated, but is there any word on whether a Super VF-1J in Max colors will be forthcoming this year?

As jenius stated...the closest insinuation of it came from a GBP in Max colors....which was sporting the same head as that of a Super VF-1J Max...

I think it is a good bet that we will be getting TV Max and Millia Super VF-1J's....Bandai is good at milking their molds

img_macross006-thumb-720x720-641.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

If we do not get Bandai DX Max and Millia Super VF-1J's it will be the first time since 1983's Takatokus that we do not get "DX" scale PT toy releases of these two from a major toy company (not including the later Bandai re-releases)....we have gotten them from Yamato in V1 and V2 editions and again from Yamato in 1/48....

Surely Bandai, who is giving us a first time ever 1/48ish VF-1D, would not skip out on Super Max and Millia VF-1J's right? RIGHT?!?!? :shok:

I am fairly certain we will..........then again, I was(?) also certain we would have received an HMR Tomahawk and Phalanx from Bandai.....

yJ34A0VJ_400x400.jpeg

Not sure if Takatoku had plans for actual 1/55 Super Max & Millia VF-1J's.....but you can see some mock-ups in this old school Takatoku commercial for the 1/55 Super VF-1S.....

Edited by jvmacross

I wonder if when a VF-1J Max and Milia with Super Parts get released will the color schemes be like the HMRs or like ones from Yamato and Arcadia.  I would prefer white instead of light grey for the Valkyries and the colors of the Super Parts like Yamato and Arcadia.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I wonder if when a VF-1J Max and Milia with Super Parts get released will the color schemes be like the HMRs or like ones from Yamato and Arcadia.  I would prefer white instead of light grey for the Valkyries and the colors of the Super Parts like Yamato and Arcadia.

Not sure, but so far it seems Bandai has been more interested in keeping these DX's as "canon" as possible in terms of colors.....the HMR M&M's were definitely some kind of different take on them....since they were hybrid due to not using TV style armor, they figured they may as well get creative on the paint schemes....lol