Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

10 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The PG Unleashed is likely the issue. They wanted over $100 to ship the MGEX I had on order. Ended up getting it from Amazon Japan.

couldn't you do the slow boat shipping from HLJ now for the PG?

5 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Most of the cost of shipping is the gigantic PG box and unfortunately is too big to qualify for slow boat shipping.

At 14K combine, @Lolicon, is that cheaper than having them shipped separately? Just curious. Thanks! :) 

3 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yes because the PG is 13k by itself. :blink:

I see. At this point, there's no way to wait until EMS is available, right? Up to when your PG needs to be shipped from PW? Is it almost 60 days?

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I see. At this point, there's no way to wait until EMS is available, right? Up to when your PG needs to be shipped from PW? Is it almost 60 days?

You can ask HLJ to cancel it, and instead buy from USA Gundam Store using the 20% off pre-order code. Just means you'll have to wait a bit.

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I got 52 days to go... they need to speed up vaccinating! I know for sure they won't delay the Olympics because there's just too much money involved.

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I didn't know HLJ allows cancellations on paid items.

They do for a short time after it hits your PW. After that short period, they'll charge a restocking fee. Even with the fee, might still be cheaper to avoid the shipping costs.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

I didn't know HLJ allows cancellations on paid items.

Private Warehouse Cancellations

Private Warehouse items can be returned as long as they have not entered shipping processing.

Returns requested within 10 days of the date the item entered payment processing are eligible for a 100% refund. Such refunds may be returned to the original payment source, or as HLJ store credit, at the preference of the customer.

Returns requested after more than 10 days have passed since the original payment date are subject to a 15% restocking fee. Such refunds can only be provided as HLJ store credit.

50 minutes ago, RedComet said:

OK, I understand 3 roys, one for each mode (right @sqidd ?) but why 4? Genuinely curious.

Some would prefer to have it display in all modes. Some would prefer to have one to play with, one to display with, one to keep in minty box, and one for just in case. :rolleyes:

As for a fifth one, maybe some people just can? ;) 

3 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm not shelling out for any more Roys unless they release a DYRL version.  I might just straight up trade one of my TV ones, if the option presents itself, but that still depends on Bandai actually making it.

I made DYRL versions before the TV version was even announced. You shoulda got one then B))

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Some would prefer to have it display in all modes. Some would prefer to have one to play with, one to display with, one to keep in minty box, and one for just in case. :rolleyes:

As for a fifth one, maybe some people just can? ;) 

one to panel line with?  

with all the recent panel lining pics that is...:D

2 minutes ago, seti88 said:

one to panel line with?  

with all the recent panel lining pics that is...:D

Be careful with panel lining and weathering. Once you start, you will want to do it to every Valk you have. The ones without it just look too plain by comparison. 
AF82D2D8-0F60-4BC3-9EA8-6AD66A04A3E7.thumb.jpeg.ac54bbf01cd41853b8fc4f82a087be79.jpeg

28 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Be careful with panel lining and weathering. Once you start, you will want to do it to every Valk you have. The ones without it just look too plain by comparison. 
AF82D2D8-0F60-4BC3-9EA8-6AD66A04A3E7.thumb.jpeg.ac54bbf01cd41853b8fc4f82a087be79.jpeg

This is why I don't buy the PF version. In my head, I rather do all the panel linings or weathering if I want to add it. So all of it will look the same. ;) 

Or I'll just save a lot of money and send everything to @Lolicon so all of my Valks will have that Premium 'Lolicon-Special-Touch' Edition. And all the landing gears will be white. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, RedComet said:

I made DYRL versions before the TV version was even announced. You shoulda got one then B))

:lol: Actually, I could make one myself if I really want to, it'd be easy to swap pilots and the instrument panel, which is all I really care about.  I'm honestly curious if that would give a better result than an official Bandai release, because I know at least the TV Roy has the right tail number. 

The head and head markings really don't bother me either way, but I'd probably make a recast DYRL pilot rather than repaint a Kakizaki.

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

:lol: Actually, I could make one myself if I really want to, it'd be easy to swap pilots and the instrument panel, which is all I really care about.  I'm honestly curious if that would give a better result than an official Bandai release, because I know at least the TV Roy has the right tail number. 

The head and head markings really don't bother me either way, but I'd probably make a recast DYRL pilot rather than repaint a Kakizaki.

Oh, to be clear, my DYRL Roy used to be a DYRL Hikaru, not a TV Roy. I think making the red things yellow and doing the name/rank and tail 001 is actually easier than trying to change all the other decals and worry about cockpits and pilots (besides a bit of yellow paint on the helmet).