Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

On 2/2/2021 at 2:27 PM, sh9000 said:

A9F99350-828F-431D-BBE6-C25372CF3A5C.thumb.jpeg.f5f704b828941f2134e6a18f847d61fe.jpeg

If I had a larger scale motorcycle for the VF-1S to ride then I’d probably do this pose over again.

Started playing around with this pose with a HM Roy, HMR Regult, and a Beagle Mospeada, but I need to dig around for some foam to get the wheelie right.

19 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Started playing around with this pose with a HM Roy, HMR Regult, and a Beagle Mospeada, but I need to dig around for some foam to get the wheelie right.

Yeah it would be cool to try with the DX but I think I’ll redo mine with the HM VF-1S, a different bike with some weapons attached, and 2 HMR Regults.

F1341701-197A-47CB-870E-7AD2AA7A95CC.thumb.jpeg.6c865a8d37725f8bf4ab74454462568a.jpeg

22 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Both of you keep em coming! I'm enjoying it FWIW

Thanks.

Edited by sh9000

11 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah it would be cool to try with the DX but I think I’ll redo mine with the HM VF-1S, a different bike with some weapons attached, and 2 HMR Regults.

F1341701-197A-47CB-870E-7AD2AA7A95CC.thumb.jpeg.6c865a8d37725f8bf4ab74454462568a.jpeg

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Shawn said:

NEVER thought I'd see the day that was recreated...kudos, just freaking amazing.

:drinks:

gallery_12176_640_159755.jpg

large.oldschoolVF1S.jpg.eee7a7772d1a446a

Edited by jvmacross

Time to get it guys. DX 1s Roy at the branches below.

Nayuta branch at 26k yen

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1158424734&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Complex at 27k yen

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1153289708&lang=en

Nakano at 27k yen

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1154081343&lang=en

* Better posting for 3 branches *

Edited by borgified

This just showed up in my FB feed. $385? Wow, that's steep. And it looks like that price includes EMS shipping from Japan...which isn't possible for the US right now, despite what the seller mentioned in the comments. Maybe it will be available again by July, but there's no guarantee.

image.thumb.png.34eab85e09c9c17e2358522960c7ac5e.png

9 hours ago, borgified said:

Time to get it guys. DX 1s Roy at the branches below.

On 2/2/2021 at 6:21 PM, borgified said:

...... and distracting the purpose of this thread. 

Same here.....quit distracting this thread with constant sales posts.....it's "distracting" and you obviously know where they belong and should be posted...once in a while is fine, but you go beyond that fairly regularly

Edited by jvmacross

No worries....if this thread wasn't over 700 pages long perhaps it would not be a big deal.  Honestly, I am not sure what the point is in keeping every DX release confined into a single topic thread.....I think the practice started with HMR releases, which is also a mess...if the search function was any good it would be fine, but it is not and when you find the need to research specific info it is not easily done....personally, I would start a new DX VF-1 topic with the VF-1D release and go from there and keep future release topics for any new VF, etc. separate going forward....

Now sure what I think yet...a single thread is indeed tough, but also having a separate for J/A/A/S/S/D/future seems t might get tough too.

For the issues that are generic where do they get posted? Future releases stay in this one until they are actually for sale then get separated?

Would the tags help in anyway with searching?

I know most of us are lucky because we've followed this thread since it originated and just go to the un-reads, but for fresh eyes, this would be a huge undertaking.

There is a lot of pre-order/sales information that is very stale now, so maybe we break out actual buying info into a separate thread vs the actual 1/48 product line.
A Hybrid approach?

Maybe a separate DX FAQ/For Sale thread where links to FAQs (where to purchase, release dates, etc) could be posted and people wouldn't have to search all 700 pages to find info, or add another few pages by asking and links could be posted thereafter informing people of DXs for sale? That might eliminate a lot of the clutter.  I know for me, people posting when DXs were available really helped me acquire the first one or two that I got.  I'd hate to rob somebody else of that resource.  

I’m a firm believer in not changing things for the sake of changing them unless there is a clear achievable goal that is attainable and appreciably better.

What are the options? Multiple threads? What does that get us?

-Not that many newcomers hit this board.

-People looking for information on buying DX’s don’t look back to the previous page, let alone use the search function. There are examples of that in here ad nauseum.

-Pre orders don’t happen but once ever 6mo.

IMO the only solution worth perusing is to have a sticky thread on DX’s, where to get them how pre orders work, how proxy shipping works, how TWE’s work, etc. And one for everything else. How is that attained? Who is going to write the reference post on all of the DX buying info to start that thread? What do you end up with? One thread about buying DX’s that may or may not be a concise resource and another thread with everything else……..both of which everyone is subscribed to. Sure, that could work and be slightly better than what is going on now. But again, who is going to write the title post?

8 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Maybe a separate DX FAQ/For Sale thread where links to FAQs (where to purchase, release dates, etc) could be posted and people wouldn't have to search all 700 pages to find info, or add another few pages by asking and links could be posted thereafter informing people of DXs for sale? That might eliminate a lot of the clutter.  I know for me, people posting when DXs were available really helped me acquire the first one or two that I got.  I'd hate to rob somebody else of that resource.  

Right now the thread is like a massive, unorganized folder filled with all kinds of DX awesomeness, but if you haven't been tracking it for a while, it is really hard to find helpful info. Personally, I cringe every time I have to post a link to one of my earlier posts in this thread about how to purchase TWE items when someone new jumps into this thread and asks, for the millionth time, how to purchase TWE items. Happens every time there's a new release. Granted, there will always be some folks who post the question because they'd rather have others do the work for them, but having some kind of dedicated DX FAQ thread would probably cut down on a lot of the noise.

4 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Right now the thread is like a massive, unorganized folder filled with all kinds of DX awesomeness, but if you haven't been tracking it for a while, it is really hard to find helpful info. Personally, I cringe every time I have to post a link to one of my earlier posts in this thread about how to purchase TWE items when someone new jumps into this thread and asks, for the millionth time, how to purchase TWE items. Happens every time there's a new release. Granted, there will always be some folks who post the question because they'd rather have others do the work for them, but having some kind of dedicated DX FAQ thread would probably cut down on a lot of the noise.

I totally agree.  That's why I think if we can somehow consolidate all the frequently asked questions in a single place, it'd make referring to, or back to, much less painful.  There's so much great information, it's just damn daunting to find, whether you've been following it or not....which is a shame.

Looking back for link in this thread....

fiking.thumb.gif.22423558d2a774033164cd2c9911fa1a.gif

I love the mix of sales and general posts in this thread. It the only thread I have open all the time on my phone, and I check it daily, so I love seeing all the creative posts (photos, and photoshops), and the sales posts so I can keep up to date with current pricing.

There is the Where to Buy Macross, Auctions & Dealers Specials section that can be used to post a HOW TO PURCHASE TWE, or best retailers for DX purchases. It would be helpful to have dedicated threads for each DX Valkyrie during the PO week/release date week, where only posts related to retailers opening their POs are posted, and a master post that tracks all the retailers who have opened their PO (and the time it opened in JST) / exhausted their PO + the PO opening price. The posts where we've tracked this information in the past has been super helpful as a resource for planning your PO attack for the next upcoming DX PO.

The general DX VF-1 thread, along with the photos, photoshops, general discussion of the line, would be a good place to hold everyone's excited "GOT MY PO IN WITH XXX RETAILER" posts, cuz seeing those posts is still very exciting for everyone here, as well as sharing our condolences for those of us who miss out (peer therapy - haha).

I come to the forum for getting in touch of what is happening in the space of Macross toy collection. I sometimes also need to search for old information that i have missed.

It might not be easy to achieve both goals with on single system/setup.

2 hours ago, eggy99 said:

I love the mix of sales and general posts in this thread. It the only thread I have open all the time on my phone, and I check it daily, so I love seeing all the creative posts (photos, and photoshops), and the sales posts so I can keep up to date with current pricing.

There is the Where to Buy Macross, Auctions & Dealers Specials section that can be used to post a HOW TO PURCHASE TWE, or best retailers for DX purchases. It would be helpful to have dedicated threads for each DX Valkyrie during the PO week/release date week, where only posts related to retailers opening their POs are posted, and a master post that tracks all the retailers who have opened their PO (and the time it opened in JST) / exhausted their PO + the PO opening price. The posts where we've tracked this information in the past has been super helpful as a resource for planning your PO attack for the next upcoming DX PO.

Same here!!

15 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Hey, can you tell me how to purchase TWE items? And let me know all your proxies so I can use them before you and you get no chance to use them? :crazy:

But I actually love this thread and it is one I focus on coming back to regularly. But then, if you saw my windows desktop, I store a lot of stuff there in a jumbled mess, so maybe I'm not the best person to model on.

1 minute ago, vladykins said:

And let me know all your proxies so I can use them before you and you get no chance to use them? :crazy:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 minute ago, vladykins said:

But then, if you saw my windows desktop, I store a lot of stuff there in a jumbled mess, so maybe I'm not the best person to model on.

:lol:

40 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Hey, can you tell me how to purchase TWE items? And let me know all your proxies so I can use them before you and you get no chance to use them? :crazy:

This is why I can't order TWE items using From Japan anymore :blink: