Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

28 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

So a canon VF-1 in wrong colors?.....sadly, that actually sounds plausible...

p-iOmzQwtY6IVOJAVOPFC0C76V1LYYEpsHTMMXaZ

It would be easy for them to rationalize also as black is an awful color for anime. Black vehicles are sometimes depicted as dark blue so they can be discerned from dark backgrounds.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

It would be easy for them to rationalize also as black is an awful color for anime. Black vehicles are sometimes depicted as dark blue so they can be discerned from dark backgrounds.

Perhaps...but not in this case....it's actually just briefly shown in a quick hanger shot in all it's dark blue glory.....anything too far off from the color that Yamato released it in would be a fail...in either case, I would be shocked if released...even in black! :bigshok:

FOTOUOjIt2DTv1PyTNCMKgyqTzHkW0KWcg6Ek_1V

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Waiting for the 1D to complete Hikaru's TV rides.

50899814366_3f7835b863_o.jpg

Love what you did on your DX Valks, @Lolicon. So sweet looking. :wub: 

42 minutes ago, borgified said:

Plus a DX VF-1a guys.. :p

You mean the brownie VF-1A/J that he 'piloted' in the earlier episode intro?

15 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Anyone who owns the Yamato Caveliers Valk can attest to the fact it DOES NOT look like those promo pics! It basically almost looks black on a shelf in normal room lighting. 

I do....but not sure what your point is...."almost black" is still not "black"...LOL....

The point WAS that releasing a Cavaliers VF-1A that was ACTUALLY black would not be canon....

Here you go.....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/36375-yamato-v2-160-vf-1a-cavaliers/

Want a black VF-1 from Bandai?  Pray they do copy Yamato and release a version of their non-canon "Stealth" VF-1J which does have "some" black in it's overall paint scheme....

7 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I do....but not sure what your point is...."almost black" is still not "black"...LOL....

The point WAS that releasing a Cavaliers VF-1A that was ACTUALLY black would not be canon....

Here you go.....

Want a black VF-1 from Bandai?  Pray they do copy Yamato and release a version of their non-canon "Stealth" VF-1J which does have "some" black in it's overall paint scheme....

49 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Here you go.....

Or rip off the black and gold anniversary 1S.

But I'll still get a black Cavaliers if they do it.

The point wasn't so much that Bandai WOULD make a Cavaliers black, just that they wouldn't copy Yamato non canon schemes. Cavaliers or some new homage scheme are the best bet for a stealth looking scheme (and still, very long shots). We have a lot of primary and secondary schemes to get through before that's a thought.

On 2/1/2021 at 6:04 PM, sqidd said:

Still need GBP.;)

Sure do! Though I think it will be a separate accessory set with a possible 1J reissue to go with it. I think Bandai will balk at releasing a a 35k+ yen bundle because people will balk at a 35k+ price tag. ;)

23 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Love what you did on your DX Valks, @Lolicon. So sweet looking. :wub: 

Thanks @no3Ljm! I just wish Bandai wouldn't overlook such basic details for a high end valkyrie toy.

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Sure do! Though I think it will be a separate accessory set with a possible 1J reissue to go with it. I think Bandai will balk at releasing a a 35k+ yen bundle because people will balk at a 35k+ price tag. ;)

My bet is on the bundle.:p